xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - May 21th 2006 Cvs Build  (Read 341 times)

japhule

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - May 21th 2006 Cvs Build
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

I'm still having some issues playing quicktime files.  Some movies will have no sound (audio stream is listed as unnamed).  The same videos worked in the builds before 5-5.

Here's one quicktime video I had that no longer has sound:
http://downloads.cin...railer_850k.mov

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

Caroline: Please specify WHY the new My Programs setup didn't work well for you.  We can't improve things if we don't know about the issues.

And we're moving to NO config files that the user has to edit.  Everything is available in the GUI - you don't have to touch any of the xml files.  (Playlists would have been fine - a requester pops up asking for the location when you save a playlist, or first access the playlists location - you can add it by using the "Add source" option on the context menu from the root of My Music)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »

OK so I'm playing around with the advancedsettings.xml, and I have a problem I can't get the settings for video to stick. The newmyprograms does however. Anyone have the same problem or might know what I'm doing wrong.

<AdvancedSettings>

<video>
  <subsdelayrange>10</subsdelayrange>  
  <audiodelayrange>10</audiodelayrange>
  <smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>
  <smallstepbacktries>3</smallstepbacktries>
  <smallstepbackdelay>300</smallstepbackdelay>
  <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>  
  <timeseekforward>20</timeseekforward>
  <timeseekbackward>-20</timeseekbackward>
  <timeseekforwardbig>300</timeseekforwardbig>
  <timeseekbackwardbig>-300</timeseekbackwardbig>
  <percentseekforward>1</percentseekforward>  
  <percentseekbackward>-1</percentseekbackward>
  <percentseekforwardbig>5</percentseekforwardbig>
  <percentseekbackwardbig>-5</percentseekbackwardbig>
</video>

<newmyprograms>true</newmyprograms>

</AdvancedSettings>

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 04:07:00 AM »

Sorry for dubble posting couldn't find a edit button, the settings button is broken. As in the one you get when you press white.

comokepa

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »

DamnÂ…

Can anyone build me a shortcut to F:/Apps/XBMC/ ? Are there really that few people using a custom HDD that the XBMC Team consider it worthy to add a shortcut for E: but not for F:?

My computer is a PPC Mac and Virtual PC does not happen to like that shortcut builder, so I would appreciate the help.

Caroline

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 05:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(jmarshall @ May 22 2006, 02:32 AM) View Post

Caroline: Please specify WHY the new My Programs setup didn't work well for you.  We can't improve things if we don't know about the issues.

And we're moving to NO config files that the user has to edit.  Everything is available in the GUI - you don't have to touch any of the xml files.  (Playlists would have been fine - a requester pops up asking for the location when you save a playlist, or first access the playlists location - you can add it by using the "Add source" option on the context menu from the root of My Music)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

When I used the <newmyprograms>true</newmyprograms> option, selecting "my programs" from the home screen would take me to icons linking to my video sources,  I can "back"out of it and have everything appear as normal - I guess I'm used to the <default> option for each category in xboxmediacenter.xml and not sure if it's something that can be set in the advanced xml file. (not sure if I'm making sense)

I don't mean to contradict you about the playlist creation but I had no such pop-up to create a location.  I just had the keyboard on the display and I typed in my name and hit done - the playlist did not appear.  I did have to physically create the location.  I see how the pop-up works in other areas, because on this install, I deleted my cache, UDATA & TDATA/0face008 information. and xbmc prompted me for ripping location and directory for shoutcast recordings.

Please don't think I'm complaining, I'm certainly not - I've found these cvs, snapshot releases to be very reliable!  As you can see I rarely communicate as mostly I read other's responses to solve my issues, which are usually few and I can solve pretty quickly!

Thanks,

Caroline

QUOTE(comokepa @ May 22 2006, 06:48 AM) View Post

DamnÂ…

Can anyone build me a shortcut to F:/Apps/XBMC/ ? Are there really that few people using a custom HDD that the XBMC Team consider it worthy to add a shortcut for E: but not for F:?

My computer is a PPC Mac and Virtual PC does not happen to like that shortcut builder, so I would appreciate the help.

Comokepa,

I have the same arrangement - I made this with the shortcut maker.  It points to F:\Apps\XBMX\default.xbe

Rgds,

Caroline

h**p://usapilot.com/tmp/default.xbe

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(jmarshall @ May 22 2006, 06:23 AM) View Post

1. - 18-05-2006 added: localization of date and time format via langinfo.xml
2. - 18-05-2006 added: masterlock to AdvancedSettings.xml! Check XBMC Wiki for more informations!
3. - 18-05-2006 added: Master User Modes: Normal User/ Advanced User! Check XBMC Wiki for more informations!
4. - 17-05-2006 added: Esperanto language file (Thnx to taiq)
5. - 17-05-2006 added: Separated "MyVideos" window (id 6) from "MyVideoFiles" window (now id 24). Does not require any skin changes.
6. - 17-05-2006 added: Advanced setting <thumbsize> to specify the size XBMC caches thumbs at.
7. - 14-05-2006 added: you can now edit and remove customly added network locations in add source wizard.

1. So that we can remove some confusing settings for users (a 2.0 requirement)
2. Ditto
3. Ditto
4. Gotta have things as localized as we can (thanks translators!)
5. Due to a bug in that you couldn't open My Videos with a forced path if you'd previous switched to Genre view etc.
6. Due to the new caching scheme for thumbs, this could cause custom thumbs to be reduced in size - this alleviates this issue.
7. So that we can remove XBoxMediaCenter.xml (a 2.0 requirement)

Out of all those fixes, you are essentially complaining about a couple of tiny additions which were only made in order to get 2.0 out the door.

We want it to be a solid release.  It's not going to be solid unless we as developers have time to implement things properly, and if we get decent feedback from users as to where the outstanding bugs + issues are.

We welcome all assistance in this regard.  You aren't helping one bit.

Good explanations but to be honest, this is exactly why people question the "feature freeze" status.
Something like the removal of XBoxMediaCenter.xml is a major change for the entire program. IMHO that should have been made before feature freeze. Now you'll have to look for bugs you introduced with that change.

Don't get me wrong, its a good change. But if you're still doing changes like this you're not in feature freeze.
OTOH it doesn't matter how you call it. You're eliminating the last bugs and finishing everything up for a great 2.0 release. I for one am waiting to see a polished awesome 2.0 no matter how many "added" stuff still comes our way. I know you can do it!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Caroline

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 05:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Caroline @ May 22 2006, 07:08 AM) View Post

Comokepa,

I have the same arrangement - I made this with the shortcut maker.  It points to F:\Apps\XBMX\default.xbe

Rgds,

Caroline

h**p://usapilot.com/tmp/default.xbe

oooops! .. Should read It points to F:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

dreary79

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 06:06:00 AM »

So does this Shortcut thing have ftp support?

If not, this is my complaint:

Before if I messed up with an xbmc dashboard install, the xbmc xbe would always load up ftp and I could fix my problem.  If this Shortcut thing doesn't have ftp and I install xbmc as a dashboard incorrectly, I'm going to be hurting with a dead xbox.  I'll have to remove the harddrive and redo it hooked up to my pc.

joymonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(dreary79 @ May 22 2006, 08:13 AM) View Post

Before if I messed up with an xbmc dashboard install, the xbmc xbe would always load up ftp and I could fix my problem.  If this Shortcut thing doesn't have ftp and I install xbmc as a dashboard incorrectly, I'm going to be hurting with a dead xbox.  I'll have to remove the harddrive and redo it hooked up to my pc.

I don't know for sure but would imagine that the shortcut xbe does nothing but forward to the specified app and not have nay kind of FTP server in itself.

I always keep a boot-disc with FTP support at hand (like Slayers or Auto Installer Deluxe), just incase something like this happens. No need to tear your Xbox apart, just load the disc.

Caroline

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 06:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(dreary79 @ May 22 2006, 08:13 AM) View Post

No, it doesn't support ftp!

I know this because I had mis-created my shortcut last night and had to load 007 to get ftp access and fix my problem.  You shouldn't have to re-do your hard drive if it fails, just load up a softmod to gain ftp access and correct the problems!

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(dreary79 @ May 22 2006, 02:13 PM) View Post

Thing is though, you install the shortcut ONCE, then you never need to touch it again, so I'm sure you can take your time and do it right  love.gif

AmyGrrl

• Recovered User
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(jmarshall @ May 22 2006, 07:32 AM) View Post

Cheers,
Jonathan

I really like the "Add Source" option.... I couldn't beleive how easy it was to add SMB shares with it... I always did it manually within the xml file for the later 2 years.... its so much better the new way....

Also... just a reminder to those that have a x3 chip and x3 bios installed.... that the bios has built in FTP support... so if you messed up something on the HD and need to fix it.. just boot into the bios to use FTP... instead of having to make a boot disc....

craigey

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ May 22 2006, 11:14 AM) View Post

Sorry for dubble posting couldn't find a edit button, the settings button is broken. As in the one you get when you press white.

I've got the same problem .  When you select the settings option using the white button, nothing happens.  The actual settings menu does stilll work though.

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

Settings is fixed.

Also, there is a shortcut xbe in our CVS that is distributable (ie built with openxdk) that uses a .cut file (not that the filename may be changing to .cfg shortly) to choose the xbe to execute.

You can grab it from webcvs if you want - it's in the Tools/ShortcutXBE folder.

It works simple:

Rename to whatever your bios boots.

Place a text file with the full path to the xbe you want to shortcut to, and name it the same as the xbe but with extension .cut

If the .cut file isn't there, the xbe automatically falls back to avalaunch.xbe, evoxdash.xbe and unleashx.xbe for FTP access, and will then fall back to the MSdash (xboxdash.xbe etc.), so there's little chance of you screwing things up.  We are currently debating whether to add common paths to XBMC as fallbacks or not.

Caroline - not sure why you were getting your videos list - feel free to pop along to #xbmc on EFnet if you want to discuss further.  There has been some minor fixes, though nothing related to that.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4