xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ellipsis XBMC Skin W.I.P.  (Read 428 times)

zae333

• Archived User
Ellipsis XBMC Skin W.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

Dude...been waiting patiently for this one.  I use XBMC EVERYDAY! It is my main way to stream movies on my home network. Showed these screencaps to my wife and she can't wait to use it. I don't see myself giving up my Xbox 1 and XBMC any time in the near future. Keep this thing alive...

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »

I echo all the above statements as I use XBMC everyday.
I haven't upgraded my PC to Vista yet so 360 ain't happenin!

chronno

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »

Let's see.  1.5TB of TV shows, movies, music, pictures and home videos all in different encoding.  My server is far to underpowered to run any kind of live encoding to make the 360 or PS3 a valid replacement.  There is nothing like the XBMC library, with synopsis and organization, on anything else.  Looks like I'll be keeping the Xbox around for a while.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »

Hey guys!

I was not aware that a lot of people still used XBMC like I did everyday. I used XBMC every single night, apparently I'm not alone. I use it at 720p with a component cable too and I love it.

Even though Ellipsis isn't finished, I use it all the time now and its making XBMC more enjoyable for me as things are so much more accessible.

I really look forward to getting this skin into peoples hands and even to people modding it and coming up with better ideas for it.

I'll keep you guys updated more.

wantin2mod

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Feb 16 2009, 04:12 PM) View Post

Hey guys!

I was not aware that a lot of people still used XBMC like I did everyday. I used XBMC every single night, apparently I'm not alone. I use it at 720p with a component cable too and I love it.

Even though Ellipsis isn't finished, I use it all the time now and its making XBMC more enjoyable for me as things are so much more accessible.

I really look forward to getting this skin into peoples hands and even to people modding it and coming up with better ideas for it.

I'll keep you guys updated more.

Yep!!! XBMC plays a very important role in my daily media needs. I use MC360 as my dash skin as it's most user friendly and functions beautifully...no hang ups or freezes!!! Thank you!

I agree that we should keep the xbox1 scene alive as long as possible as it has been revolutionary!

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »

2 XBMC machines are used in my home every single day. I would love to play with Ellipsis on my 2nd box. MC360 is on my 1st, and I doubt that will change. My wife and son are too used to it. laugh.gif

gunzdiesel

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »

Still using XBMC daily over here!  biggrin.gif  Just bought an xbox for the rents and plan on getting them setup! Keep up the good work!

Passerby

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »

Will Ellipsis look good at 480p and 4:3?  I ask this because all the newest skins today like MediaStream and Aeon are horizontally compressed or have tiny text on my TV.  Said television will only go up to 480p and only has a 4:3 screen, but it makes 480p content and MC360 look awesome.

tyronepetersen

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

XBMC used everyday without fail - Get home, fire it up. Nothing even close to XBMC on the box.

One in the lounge, one in the guest room, another in the bedroom, all wirelessly (thanks to DWL-G810) streaming SD media upscaled to 720p... Just beautiful...

Currently using xTV, but been looking forward to using Ellipsis for a very long time. Looks great.

XBMC still going strong and will for a long time to come.

cRACKmONKEY421

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

I have a 360 and I still use XBMC with my old xbox for any of my video playing needs.  The 360 is setup to play all my media through TVersity, but the quality is usually worse than on my old Xbox with XBMC.  I'm not sure about all the time, but I know MOST of the time when I play videos through xbox 360, my computer is doing extra converting on the fly to get it to play.  This makes it look worse and makes my computer games lag when videos are playing.  XBMC doesn't have these problems.  XBMC supports all my formats without requiring my computer to convert them while they're playing.  XBMC doesn't require a separate media center or separate software; you can just use file sharing protocol.  After playing with Windows Media Center Edition and Media Center Extenders, I will probably never buy one and I'll stick with Linux + XBMC for future media expansion (OS price is not the issue here).  Xbox is a little obsolete since it cant do high resolution video, but XBMC is far from obsolete.  I can't speak about watching TV channels or anything like that, but for watching downloaded videos and playing music, XBMC has no competition.  XBMC is probably only still around because without it there would not be any perfect choice for a standalone media player.  One day Microsoft will learn to embrace a wider range of protocols and codecs, but until then there is a huge spot for XBMC.

As for the skin: looks Great!  I'll try it, but I usually go back to default.

dcjoedog

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

XBMC on an XBOX is just the bet media streaming device there is, hands down. I also use it everyday and yes I too also use it for XBMC more than for games.

I can't wait for this new skin to come out, I've seen that coming soon ad for it for ages and clamor for it's release date.

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

I use xbmc all the time (daily).  I have 4 xbox's (running at 1080i or 720p), and 2 windows based htpc's (running at 1080p)

all are dedicated to xbmc.  

(I also have dozens of friends and family members I have gotten hooked on xbmc)

Any new skin is welcome, keep them coming!

My fave currently is still PM3HD

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:00 AM »

Whoa!!!
Using XBMC is like breathing. We need it all the time, otherwise we die.
I can't imagine myself without my XBMC, hell yeah.

And I also hope for 480i/480p 4:3 support.

Thanks Black Bolt!
Best,
Cospefogo.

phrozenfeonix

• Recovered User
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

Another one to the "Everyday" crowd.

The bedroom TV runs a HALO 1 LE (green) xbox, xbmc @ 480p

The living room HTPC runs 720p XBMC.

My PSP is modded up to be used specifically for an XBMC remote, that we take back and forth between the living room and bedroom, although sometimes we'll just use our laptops. I love XBMC and the web remote if anyone's wondering. What's the best part? the psp works better for an xbmc remote than a Remote Play attachment for the PS3...

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

Glad to see this skin still exists smile.gif
I still use XBMC on my Xbox almost daily, and Ellipsis looks like it'll be a nice addition.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4