xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ellipsis XBMC Skin W.I.P.  (Read 442 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Ellipsis XBMC Skin W.I.P.
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | February 16 01:53 EST | News Category: Xbox

From Team Blackbolt:

So it's been a while guys, but we've been busy! I've noticed on the forums that there's been a few users complaining that the Ellipsis skin is 'too little, too late', well screw you hippies, we don't give a shit, we're still making it. For the past few years, since finishing MC360 we've all gone our seperate ways, but I've also wanted to finish Ellipsis, just work, etc got in the way. Well finally after a couple of years of nothing much happening, we've gone from a few concepts of the skin to a fully functional skin which is past the mid-point of its development.

The shot below is of the skin actually running. Soon I'll change that shot to a video to give you guys a better idea of how ellipsis looks and works. We know most people are beyond XBMC now, but with the windows, mac and linux versions I think XBMC will live on for a long time to come and we wanted to have one last stab at it. Ellipsis will come in a single download, universal for all platforms. It's primary objective is to work in the home theatre enviroment, be simple to navigate and make it as quick as possible to get to the things you want. During our alpha stage we've had a lot of positive feedback and when we get to a good place very soon, we're going to go public so everyone can experience what I've had in my head for a couple of years and what has finally been brought into reality in the past couple of months.

Official Site: http://blackbolt.x-scene.com

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

I dont think its to late. I use XBMC almost everyday for watching standard definition movies and tv shows. This skin would probably look really nice on my Samsung. Hope to see it soon.

guvna

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »

agreed.
new skins/updates/plugins are always welcome.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:55:00 AM »

delicious!

fozzieb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »

It's never to late, although mediastream is the skin to beat.

cricri_pingouin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 04:31:00 AM »

I'll be sure to try it when it's out!

We know most people are beyond XBMC now

Hmz, not sure about that bit  tongue.gif

40_ounce

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 03:51:00 AM »

That looks kool. I don't have a xbox1 but if I did I would love this.
 It looks like a PSP theme slash xbox theme. Mabey I should buy one I see them all the time for like 50 or 60 bucks.

This post has been edited by 40_ounce: Feb 16 2009, 11:52 AM

Gravy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »

I appreciate all the effort that is going into this... and please realise that many of us are still using XBMC on Xbox so dont think it will go unnoticed when you do finally release it.

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »

Really looking forward to trying it.

I've not "moved on" because I've not yet invested in a HDTV. (When second hand ones come down to £60 I'll have one!)

matthewcb

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »

I still use XBMC all the time.

In fact, I would say I've used it far more than I ever used the xbox for playing games.

So I, for one, am quite happy to wait as long as it takes.

_8ight

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »

I have been looking forward to Ellipsis.  I just hooked up my fourth Xbox in the house yesterday.  I've got one in the front room, bedroom, kids bedroom, and now the basement.  At $35 for the box (friend that works at a pawn shop) I couldn't find much reason not to get one.  Now I can watch or listen to whatever I want when I work out.  It's great.  If I had another TV I'd buy another.   biggrin.gif  Anyway, I'm glad to see an update... because I'm really interested to get using it.  I love the looks of it from here.

juntistik

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »

Team Blackbolt, XBMC is here to stay. Not only will XBMC live on through the ports, but we have a very dedicated userbase. I can't wait to try out your new skin!

XBOX 360 Onwer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

I run XBMC on my XBOX, and use it regularly.  I have been waiting forever for this skin.  I hope it comes out soon tongue.gif

nicktids

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

We know most people are beyond XBMC now, but with the windows, mac and linux versions I think XBMC will live on for a long time to come and we wanted to have one last stab at it

I just bought another xbox and now have 2 just for XBMC so i dam hope it lives on forever.

I've not "moved on" because I've not yet invested in a HDTV. (When second hand ones come down to £60 I'll have one!)

I got a HDTV and put my xbox through with a monster xbox component cable and now watch everything up scaled to 720

This post has been edited by nicktids: Feb 16 2009, 07:28 PM

icec

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »

+1 for XBMC still being relevant.

I haven't "moved on", as there is nothing better to move on to!

Can't wait to try this skin.  Although Mediastream is quite delicious, I have been interested in Ellipsis for a long time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4