xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dumb A$$ Question  (Read 321 times)

Azin

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

okay on the 360 you can go to ur dash while in game.. any change this MC360 will be able to do so as well?
or am i just a big fin noob when it comes wo software on the xbox????????

MikeFez

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

This isnt possible as far as I know, this means the game must load while still at the dash... and since the xbox doesnt support 2 programs, we are screwed... I think this is the same question as "Can I ftp while in game? or Are there things to load 2 programs at once?" the answer shortly, is no.

Azin

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

just as i thought!!!!

Thanks guys

k3n85

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

The question was addressed in another post, don't recall which one... but the jist of it was that xbox is only able to launch one .xbe file at a time hence only the game...only xbmc....etc at a time

So no, won't be possible

mbay

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

Perhaps one could also state that while in "emulation", say Mame OX, one could press a button and it goes back to the main menu and another rom may be selected, however this is still 1 process - the box can only handle one xbe at a time, which again is why xbmc only run itself and when another app or a game is chosen then it will load the new xbe into the system's memory and re-allocating its resources towards this new process.

I admit this would fruitfull if it were at all possible, but it doesn't mean we can't stop dreaming!  smile.gif

Azin

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

what about live aware for xlink????

brandon_r87

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

i still say that you can go back to the DASH.  thats what his question says.  it doesn't say can it show the guide blade like on 360, it says go back to the dash which is possible through IGR.  apparently no one else reads his question the same way I do or something.

lilhubbyboy

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandon_r87 @ May 10 2006, 07:10 AM) View Post

i still say that you can go back to the DASH.  thats what his question says.  it doesn't say can it show the guide blade like on 360, it says go back to the dash which is possible through IGR.  apparently no one else reads his question the same way I do or something.

Yes you can go back to your dash with IGR, besides the fact that it is an EvoX feature. But it resets your game, meaning you can't go to your dash in the middle of a level and once done, go back to your game where you left off. I think that is the main point of his question, to go back to the dash in the middle of a level and once done, back to the game where you left off without having to boot the game and start all over.

Azin

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

no i dont mean IGR.. Like what lilhubbyboy said.
but never mind.. dumb question anyways!

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

I think the option to go back to the dash would have to be coded into the game you are running, or possiblly an ext of XBMC, but either way it can only run as IGR. You will NEVER be able to use a "pop up and down" dash on XBOX 1. Games run on 64mb of memory (all a stock box has), I don't ever see somebody making an app to limit the RAM in the game to give it enough RAM to load the popup dash. A normal dash runs at about half of the RAM already.

@netdroid9 IGR is "In Game Reset". You hold usually a combo of 4 buttons at once and your xbox reboots. And If you are playing off a disc and have autorun games/dvd's then it will reboot to the disc instead of the dash.

nige182

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

As I've said before, in theory it might be possible if you have upgraded the xbox ram, however it would have to be coded specifically to use the extra ram and I'm not sure if it would even be possible then.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(nige182 @ May 10 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

As I've said before, in theory it might be possible if you have upgraded the xbox ram, however it would have to be coded specifically to use the extra ram and I'm not sure if it would even be possible then.

I have a feeling that if it were possible, someone would have already done it by now.

nige182

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 04:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ May 11 2006, 04:45 AM) View Post

I have a feeling that if it were possible, someone would have already done it by now.

I disagree with this statement on the principle that as so few people have the ram upgrade, even most people developing homebrew software for the xbox don't have it, then why would they code something to work on so few systems? Even somebody with the upgrade probably wouldn't bother as it's not going to be of use to many people and until now what would be the use to them? I think it probably is in fact possible with the ram upgrade, but worth the hassle and time to code when so few people will benefit? Probably not.

netdroid9

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 02:13:00 AM »

Sadly, MS saw fit to make the debug functions a huge pain in the ass to figure out how to use sad.gif.

Reloading the game after recreating the RAM is the hardest part. Still there are a few debug functions that look like they might do the trick, so it might not be that daunting. *Pokes VS.Net download* Hurry up lol smile.gif.

Xlink-l3laze

• Archived User
Dumb A$$ Question
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »

Hey, Im apart of Team Xlink. I want to know is are you going to have the blade or what not able to be opened to the kai section while in game so you can change arena's on the fly? That would be a great addition to the kai experience smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2