xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xphone  (Read 219 times)

mbay

• Archived User
Xphone
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I've been thinking of this idea for a while, and I would really like to see this come to light.

1 thing to know about this hopeful-skin-to-be:

1) The graphics are already made (no, not by me, by 2 individuals - permissions granted)

Of course it's understood adjustments may be needed, but having a lot of graphics means that this project can get started more quickly, especially if the skin's interface is a reflection to that of Iphone.

For anyone interested in helping out, please PM me. The more, the better. smile.gif

mbay

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »

SyphOnm,

thanks for the quick reply, the mock up will be (if possible) that of the iphone's gui, so the graphics I have on hand are the Iphone itself, as well as the icons (individually) so that they can be manipulated at wish.

I'll make a mock-up in PS tomorrow and post it here for people to see. smile.gif

SC10-E

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

Sounds good mbay!

This might not be possible, but maybe you could make a skin option where you tell the skin where your default.xbe file is for Linksboks, and then you could have the Safari button open it for you. Just a thought

seanread

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »

hey,

sounds like a good idea. what aspects of the GUI are you going to incorperate?

If you need a hand PM me>

SC10-E

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

Le0n,

There is some creativity in making "copyskins." you have to recreate the images as close as possible and code it to work just like the real thing.

Besides, alot of skins arent 'copyskins.' There's Vision, that new one called Zest, Clearity, Placid, and alot more.

If you dont like them why don't you make your own non-copy skin?

seanread

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Le0n @ Jul 16 2007, 04:39 PM) View Post

No offence, but aren't you guys getting tired of all the copyskins?
Where's the creativity?

there is much creativity in the "copy skins" as both devices are used differently and encorperate different features, it takes great skill and creativity to think up ways to create a skin that captures the feel of the original while it being on a completly different device!

if you dont like them, dont use them or critisize those who make them!

fluidman

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

so what kind of help do you need?

D3vi@nt

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »

This sounds nice but im not sure how it will look on a big tv vs a little 3 inch screen on the iphone very interested to see this work and and how it will look smile.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

hey, i agree that its still very creative to port over an idea or certain gui. thank the xbmc team for having so many gui features to allow us to be able to accomplish such tasks in every case. thats good stuff. Why should we not be able to use a great idea to  port over if its exactly that? i like using xtv myself, even though i dont like apple personally.  mbay, i can help out when/where i can. got your pm, and i will try the xmls  when i get home. that might fix things. i dont use msn but sometimes use yahoo, which can connect also now to msn. pm me your info. we'll talk more. l8er.

mbay

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »

so here's a very quick mock-up of what the initial set-up would be.

On the left-hand pic, one would have the icon menu, and when one icon is selected, the information would zoom up, similar to "Clearity", or have a fade-in - i'm not entirely decided yet.

now what will be important is how all the information will fit into this screen. I think I've come up with a solution if is at all possible with current skinning engine - have the xphone itself expand to that of the zoomed-in window, e.g. file manager.

if the above is not yet possible, to simplify, have the xphone graphic in a standard wide format.

what do you all think?
IPB Image

Illumi.Naughty

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »

I don't think your link ( http://i14.photobuck...phone_mock1.png ) is valid.

mbay

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »

I changed albums but photbucket is down and i can't have access to the new link yet, so i have to wait. thanks for advising me smile.gif

mbay

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

*image fix*
IPB Image

mbay

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

rramoutar, well the skin is still in early development, so all thoughts are most welcomed. smile.gif

ideally i would like to have the iphone itself incorporated into the skin but things can easily change if there is a better representation available.

thanks for your thoughts smile.gif

mbezik

• Archived User
Xphone
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 04:01:00 AM »

IPB Image

this could work out to be a nice skin - the main sections could be placed along the bottom and links/favourites and scripts could be placed above
Pages: [1] 2