xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Unofficial Svn Revision Post For Skinners  (Read 120 times)

SC10-E

• Archived User
The Unofficial Svn Revision Post For Skinners
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

I thought it would be cool to have a post where nobody replied except skinners posting there new SVN revision numbers (for skins that have an SVN.)

Whenever a new revision comes out for a skin, the skin author could optionally come in here, and post the skin name and then the revision number. Optionally, they could also post a changelog, or whatever else.

The point would be for people to casually come in here and "oh, look! A new revision for <Insert skin name here> came out! I'd better update!" Which is alot easier than looking through the actual skin's thread to make sure they didn't miss anything. So to make this work better, no one should reply in this thread unless they have a skin with an SVN in which they are posting a new revision number. BUT if you think its a good idea go ahead and say so until the first skinner posts a rev. number.

If any mod has a problem with this, feel free to close/remove, I just thought it would be a nice touch to this forum.

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

I think simply linking to http://xboxmediacent...boxmediacenter/ would suffice.

it shows the current rev. of the skins, show's when it was commited and by clicking on the rev number, you get a changelog.

SC10-E

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

Well I guess this would be more of an alternative then  smile.gif

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »

A topic such as this would get too big and confusing. I can see it now, any time a new revision is posted, 10 comments will follow quickly burying the revision announcement. Thereby making the topic one long confusing run on.

I plan on posting a pinned topic listing a link to the SVN page with instructions on how to compile, and maybe skin thread links posted within this forum for those actively supporting their released skins.

SC10-E

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

10 comments will not follow because only skinners will say things but i guess ppl would do it anyway dry.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »

I'd also like to point out that thats the whole reason for having the svn so people can check it and see what has changed when they want
Plus on the other note after I spend ages updating a skin I really don't wanna come a post here when most things can be pissy little small ones with no real changes to look or behaviour

SC10-E

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »

Jezz_X, I said in the beginning it was optional, obviously you guys dont like the idea, I get the point. Just let the thread die then