xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released  (Read 550 times)

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(cy80rg101 @ Nov 24 2008, 07:19 PM) View Post
Softmodding the Xbox is a two step process - unl0ck using Splinter Cell etc, then SID etc.
If I just do the splinter cell part, will that allow me to copy XBMC into E:\apps etc, without any of the "setup" from SID? i.e leave me with a basic / "text book" 0pen xbox?

Yup. You should have file manager/FTP access from there.

Though it's worth pointing out that NDure is generally considered a better softmod pack then SID.

QUOTE(cy80rg101 @ Nov 24 2008, 07:19 PM) View Post
Also, on the "play with dvd player" - is it possible to set this as default, globally?

Not easily, I'm afraid. To my understanding you'd need to tweak XBMC's source code yourself.

Keep in mind that MPlayer has greater codec support then DVDPlayer, and DVDPlayer also doesn't support caching.

fritzonline

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2008, 02:29:00 AM »

I can't get this to start on my Xbox. I backed up my userdata and did a fresh install, deleting the entire xbmc directory, then copying the new xbmc as is. When I start, the t3ch splash comes up, and the startup sound plays for half a second before the screen goes blank. When I move the controller I hear sounds, so I assume it is just a video setting. I have an NTSC-J TV, but that hasn't been a problem with previous builds.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »

Sounds a bit like you kept some of the old files.... Did you attempt to delete the old build while you were running it?

Boot into recovery mode (hold white + Y as XBMC starts). You should be able to get a clean install done from there by repeating the same delete/re-copy process.

DeathAxe

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »

Hi, a weird thing in this final release. Web services such as weather, IMDB look up etc do not work with my firewall on (outpost 2009 pro). SMB works fine however.

The previous version I had before was from August, and it all worked fine. That version is lso on my other xbox and that still works fine. What was changed for this to not work on this version?

Any help, or even a fix would be apreshiated.

NiteStarXX

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »

I was having problems with my MC360 skin not loading up after I upgraded on my softmodded xbox.  I read what some of yinz were saying about "deleting" all of the old dashboard files, then copying over the newer dash (using ftp).  My MC360 skin works flawlessly now.  Thanks.

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

Hi

Great job, all works apart from when watching a streamed DVD, saved as an ISO, I don't get the curser for the DVD menu's. It works just the cursor is not visable. Anyone got any ideas?

Giangal

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(DeathAxe @ Nov 25 2008, 04:08 PM) View Post

Hi, a weird thing in this final release. Web services such as weather, IMDB look up etc do not work with my firewall on (outpost 2009 pro). SMB works fine however.

The previous version I had before was from August, and it all worked fine. That version is lso on my other xbox and that still works fine. What was changed for this to not work on this version?

Any help, or even a fix would be apreshiated.

Same thing here... It's a XBMC problem though. I tried using LinksBoks and worked as usual, and SMB connection too.

Is there a way to solve this tru the settings? Or its just a bug of the build? (I'm using the T3CH latest build, T3CH XBMC 2008-11-13 8.10 PROPER)

Thanks guys

DK1

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2020, 04:43:00 AM »

This is a lot slower when starting / stopping movies, it also seems to be slower navigating SMB directory's. Its annoying enough to make me think about switching back to a pre Atlantis build. Ive tried all of the skins and its the same for all.

This post has been edited by DK1: Yesterday, 12:44 PM

DK1

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »

Ooook something screwy is going on with my xbox, so my previous comment may not stand.

It started with me trying to transfer the web folder up, it creates the folder but errors on creating anything inside the folder. Ive tried using the dash ftp server and a boot disk with the evo dash on it, still the same result.
Now when I try to access XBMC it errors out with a guisettings.xml error (I love the way the new build defaults to starting the ftp server on an error, nice touch). I check the file and there's a long line of garbage that starts after the network gateway tag. I fix it and upload the new file and it reboots and writes back to the file causing the same corruption. Deleting the file completely has the same affect.

Im beginning to wonder if the Hard disk has some errors that are messing up the FAT, anyone know of a fatx disk checker ?

Ive switched back to an old build and everything seems to have settled down again. I noticed months ago that the imdb lookups stopped working and never got around to looking at it but now i'm wondering if this disk write error may be to blame.

To sum up I can delete files and create/rename top level directory's. but anything below that will not work.

werejag

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »

how can you use xbmc as main dash and still play a iso game sometimes

DeathAxe

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »

On the pc version when I try and add my U:\ or P:\ or T:\ drive to the add sorce screen, they show up as C:\program files\ XMBC what the heck???

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2008, 04:32:00 AM »

That's pretty much what they are: Virtual drives that point to your XBMC install folder.

DeathAxe

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

Actually changed a couple of drive letters. It is a really bad idea though to assign pc drives as virtual drives :/

Any way to get my multimedia keys work in xbmc?

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »

Thanks allot T3CH for the quality releases of XBMC, I always appreciate the amount of time and effort spent to make such great builds.

All I want to say this time is just my view here and I'm not complaining or criticising any one, to be honest this the most bugged release I have ever seen, the issues when trying to play AVI's is just unmatched that I had to go back to the earlier release. and the other thing that I found is the Showcase skin is so bugged as well in this Atlantis revision is just unbelievable. When I changed to other skin some of the problems gone but the major issue is with playing AVI's.

Any way I would like thank every one who contributes to the scene and I wish every one continues the good work.

I just wanted to share my experience, and nothing more!! Now I'm back to the earlier build and its running solid. I know devs are aware of the issues and they are trying to fix them!!

Edit: I think that I'm doing every thing right here and been updating XBMC the same way with no issues at all. Unless this Atlantis build requires a complete clean install then its me!!!

Thanks allot for your efforts.

Cheers.  love.gif
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]