xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released  (Read 557 times)

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »

Overwriting XBMC's old files is a no-no and always causes problems sooner or later. Delete and replace, remembering you can't fully delete XBMC while running it.

You either need to load up an alternate dash, or use XBMC's recovery console to do the work (hold white + Y as it starts up).

Vlln

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

So... I went with this said "Proper" updated XBMC and it is actually now causing me problems.

And why were we being told that PM3HD would have a programs tab when it does not?

Maybe it would be best for the Devs to keep focus on other platforms. It just really don't work out in the end for the XBOX.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

sorry this might be a stupid question but I hope some one can answer it here!!

Recently I upgraded to a new Tera Hard drive and moved my movies to it, from all the other small HDD that I had!

The Question!!!

I need to use a Scraper other than IMDB, How do I change to a different one within the Video section?

last time I done it was some thing like TEN or More T3CH releases ago and now It does not work like it used to!! I cant find a way to change the Scraper from my default selected IMDB "one selected Months ago"

Cheers!!  smile.gif

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vlln @ Nov 21 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post

And why were we being told that PM3HD would have a programs tab when it does not?

yes it does, check ur skin setting .. i think its under there

neal73

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »

I did a clean install of this on my xbox, and everything is hunky dory apart from one strange problem. Every now and then when turning the volume up or down when watching a video file, it pauses briefly for a second or two.

cy80rg101

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »

Hi guys,

Need a bit of a hand here if someone can help please...

Put XBMC on a few boxes uses SID, but have the following problem.

The install version I originally used on SID installed XMBC to the ROOT of E:\, rather than E:\Apps - works fine though. Did the "Install as dashboard" setup from the usual place.

Funny thing is, just installed T3ch latest version of Atlantis, and it's still loading the old version of XBMC from E:\, rather than Atlantis at E:\Apps.

Looking at C:\, the files of interest I have are as follows:

xboxdash.xbe
xbmc.xbe
xbmc.cfg

and a couple of old/original/ renamed dash files - xbmc.cfg_OLD and xbmc.cfg_New. I didnt rename either of these files myself, so I guess the SID must have done it?

Looking inside xbmc.cfg, the Atlantis install on E:\apps is correctly targeted...E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe... but it still insists on loading the old version on E:\ by default.

Interestingly, after I FTP'd Atlantis into e:\apps, I copied over my UserData. The default-boot (into e:\) has all this fine, but the new atlantis XBMC install - which is where I actually copied the UD into - only has 1 out of 60+ movies listed. Also, in the scripts menu in Atlantis - the menu items for "T3ch Downloader" and "XBMC Scripts" have no icon next to the name text, and dont seem to do anything at all?

All getting in rather a nasty mess - all seems to work on normal boot etc, but really confused as to a)how it's working at all, and cool.gif why it's loading the old XBMC, even though it's being told not to!

BTW - one idea might be that part of the "install as dash" file renaming etc isnt working, so it's falling over to the old one, hence loading the older XBMC...?

Any ideas and assistance much apreciated!

BTW - can anyone confirm if Atantis resolves the issues of playback on AVI's using some of the newer codecs?
I.e playback/ lag / pauses...

One solution i've seen is to re-encode all the effected movies - but as mine are stored an my NAS, this would mean downloading them all to my local box, re-encoding them, then pushing them back again. This'll take at least 15mins x 2 just to retrieve / push back the files, so I havent done it yet.

Does Atlantis resolve this issue?

iommi

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(iommi @ Nov 21 2008, 03:51 AM) View Post

I have the same issue. I upgraded XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2 directly by overwriting the files with the release build Atlantis 8.10.

XBMC freezes when I try to use the shutdown function with A8.10.  I downgraded to XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2 (again overwriting the files in place) and shutdown works perfectly.  sad.gif

Will a clean install fix this issue? Is anyone else having this issue?
As usual, many thanks to the entire XBMC community (especially the devs) for making my XBOX useful!  cool.gif

I have done a clean installation and the shutdown issue has been resolved!   biggrin.gif

golephish

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(vanzan @ Nov 17 2008, 05:22 PM) View Post

Didn't any of the last three replies read what Bomb Bloke said? It's not the final release ever but just for this particular version.

biggrin.gif  nah but thanx bomb -- sorry van didn't read -- well I did , but I was sleepy after the wow patch went online. -- I knew it was the last Atlantis build, it just sounded like, at the time, that it was the last for xbox as they wanted to move onto linux or the osx/pc devlopment.

PS ---- will xbmc run on the new "popcorn' boxes -- like the os/x --  to pc -- ports?

TurboGoKart

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

I just upgraded to the 16144 build and I have XBMC working as my dash.  Everything started up fine with the T3CH version, BUT, I can't see any text in the menus lol.  Not sure what caused that but I followed the directions in the readme txt file.

Any ideas?  I can move around and load my games and stuff, I just can't see any words at all.

TurboGoKart

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »

Figured it out.  Found the answer on page 4 or 5.  Had to delete the old skins, then install the new skins.  Worked fine.  I deleted the skins while the xbox was on so I could do it via FTP.  Didn't give me any problems.

geekygizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »

Things are working very well for me, used a clean install- after adding the web directory I got http back but one issue, of the 5 buttons across the bottom left of the web interface, buttons 2 and 5 are missing, the volume slider above them is missing too.  I used button 5 a lot (info) to help me find memory issues.  Would be nice to get them back if it's a simple fix.  Using the PMIII 1.0 web files from the attached rar a few posts back.

Still get some lock-ups but overall everything seems better.  Great work to the XBMC team!!

GG

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(cy80rg101 @ Nov 24 2008, 12:16 AM) View Post
Looking inside xbmc.cfg, the Atlantis install on E:\apps is correctly targeted...E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe... but it still insists on loading the old version on E:\ by default.

Sounds a bit like your SID softmod isn't actually using that shortcut at all. Try renaming the files in concern to "evoxdash.xbe" / "evoxdash.cfg" respectively.

QUOTE(cy80rg101 @ Nov 24 2008, 12:16 AM) View Post
BTW - can anyone confirm if Atantis resolves the issues of playback on AVI's using some of the newer codecs?
I.e playback/ lag / pauses...

You can't code away the limitations of the X-Box's processor. Other then re-encoding, your only real option is to play videos with the DVDPlayer module (white button => "Play Using"); it's generally smoother.

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2008, 06:02:00 AM »

Thanks to the whole Team XBMC for all the work you guys have put into this through the years. Also for this latest version, I appreciate your listening (or reconsidering) having the 'Programs' button available through skin options. I know this is geared more towards Media these days, & I use it as such as well - but the platform is after all a gaming system....so, I appreciate it very much! beerchug.gif

jacky89

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

Time for XBMC 360 development to begin!

andrajos

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(TurboGoKart @ Nov 24 2008, 02:50 PM) View Post

What program are you using for that?  Whats the name?  I'm trying to figure out how I can get internet access thru my xbox.

He's talking about xbox http server, for remote managemnet (from PC).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6