xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released  (Read 556 times)

elitegamer360

• Archived User
XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

Great and Many Thanks for this Great Build!  love.gif

zenith195

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »

Thanks for this great release! - Particularly I want to thank T3CH for providing the newest builds!

But is seems that there are some small bugs in version 'T3CH XBMC 2008-11-13 8.10 PROPER':
- Due to the missing folder '/web' the webif reports an 404 error (as mentioned above).
- There is still some debug information with FreeMem, FPS and CPU usage.
   -> see screenshot

The first problem was easy to solve: I just copied the folder '/web' from a previous build to my xbox. Now the webif works.

But can I switch off the debug information in the top left corner? It's quite irritating when watching a film. I assume it only can be deactivated when compiling a new build...

king bongmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

I saw someone mentioned this earlier, but I can no longer use my web browser to control XBMC.  Has this been fixed?

king bongmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

Also I use the firefox add-on to send videos to XBMC all the time and this no longer works either...

disrockerdude

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

the webinterface is broken but that should be solved by copying the web folder from older builds.

Vlln

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »

OMG, where are you guys coming up with these problems?

I have been running my XBMC everyday without problems at all.

Im not rubbing it in I just dont understand it.

Excalibur007

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(mik30 @ Nov 16 2008, 11:25 AM) View Post
No, unfortunately not at all...

In fact the source database shows that the coders are quite often going one step ahead to go two steps back. I do not see a great advantage regarding the XBOX build. But I do see some serious steps back. I do understand that the project lead tries to route XBMC into the linux/windows/mac direction for some obvious reasons. But that does not justify to cripple the original xbox-xbmc effort. Especially the cut out of the XLinkKai client is unforgiveable and shows a kind of "bad attidude" of the project lead. There is *NO* justifiable reason to cut out a working part out of the project. Even from a programmers point of view it was absolutely rediculous to delete the Kai sources from the latest builds.

I am in 100% agreement with you.  Because I've not had decent internet access to use Kai for the past few months, I didn't notice it was missing until just recently.  I sincerely appreciate the T3CH builds, but I'm extremely disappointed by this decision of the XBMC developers.  I don't care if the Xbox build of Kai is no longer being updated... it worked!.. and I enjoyed using it.  In fact, my brother just bought an Xbox last week so that we could play online together with Xlink Kai.  Because of the removal of Xlink Kai, I'm going back to an earlier build of XBMC and will no longer be updating unless they decide to put Kai back in.

Another thing that really irritates me is how the xbox (which according to a poll on their site, has more XBMC users than all the other platforms combined) seems to be the least of their priorities.  This is the impression I got from some of the developers themselves.  This may seem minuscule, but the latest release of the PMIII skin even removed the Xbox image from the top right border of the screen (in the programs menu) which just seemed like another kick in the teeth.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate all the work the developers have done in creating XBMC.  It's by far the best application/dashboard available for the Xbox and has taken the system way beyond what Micro$oft ever intended.  It's the reason I bought my Xbox to begin with, and since having it, my Xbox has been my MAIN media center.  However, the direction it now seems to be going has me greatly upset.

krosswindz

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »

i upgraded to this build. i havent faced any issues till now. All that I used before works till now and works better. I just have one last thing to check playing x264 rips. I am totally loving this. Awesome work guys @ XBMC and t3ch for providing these builds.

Zeecar

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

I'm noticing just 2 problems.

The info button one my original xbox remote no longer works when querying movies.

and itunes daap is no longer working. I downgraded to 6, and nothing.

Anyone else having these issues?

Icon1067B

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »

Sweet!

Thanks guys for all your hard work. We really look forward to new releases.

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 05:56:00 AM »

All you guys complaining of Xlink Kai, just use XBConnect, it works just as well or even better...

spyrojyros_tail

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 06:30:00 AM »

Hey All,

I updated from an old XBMC to this new one, when I overwrote all the files and booted up again it worked but there was no text on the MC360 skin! The text was all blank although you could browse shares. So I did a stupid thing and deleted the entire t3ch update, which returned me to the original ms dash.... then I did something even more stupid and messed around with the xboxdash.xbe and bricked my xbox......

It wouldnt accept splinter cell either, it just came up "service required". So at this point I was pissed off and went to sleep, and for some reason splinter cell worked the next morning (Xbox gods were smiling XD). So I reuploaded t3ch's build, but it stated with project mayhem and all the text was there!

So yeah, if you get blank text, you need to update the skin.... wish I knew that before almost giving myself a damn heartattack!

The t3ch build is brilliant, works perfect and so many nice features in it since the old XBMC I was using. Thanks so much guys smile.gif

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »

All you guys complaining of Xlink Kai, just use XBConnect, it works just as well or even better...

no ones complaining about xlink per say , they are complaining about the fact it was removed from XBMC .. theirs no way XBC is better than kai :] .. xlink ftw!!

how hard would it be to take XLink XBMC from when it last worked and make a script out of it ? ..

great release , thanx! , i agree with Vlln as well , i never have any problems with XBMC , i've been updating almost every 2 weeks for the last year with no issues at all.  

thanx again team XBMC and T3CH!

hernanp

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

I have upgraded my xbox to Atlantis 8.10, and now, the shut down does not work anymore, it just freezes the Xbox. I never had this problem before.

Also, if I pause a video, it dims the screen after some time, and later, it freezes.

Any Clue?

Thanks!

iommi

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(hernanp @ Nov 20 2008, 11:23 PM) View Post

I have upgraded my xbox to Atlantis 8.10, and now, the shut down does not work anymore, it just freezes the Xbox. I never had this problem before.

Also, if I pause a video, it dims the screen after some time, and later, it freezes.

Any Clue?

Thanks!

I have the same issue. I upgraded XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2 directly by overwriting the files with the release build Atlantis 8.10.

XBMC freezes when I try to use the shutdown function with A8.10.  I downgraded to XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2 (again overwriting the files in place) and shutdown works perfectly.  sad.gif

Will a clean install fix this issue? Is anyone else having this issue?

As usual, many thanks to the entire XBMC community (especially the devs) for making my XBOX useful!  cool.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6