xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?  (Read 1570 times)

Trevor spencer

• Archived User
Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hoppy @ Dec 18 2007, 10:00 PM) View Post

There should be info in one of the readme files that comes with XBMC when you download it on how to do it.

Not hard at all.

well i followed the tutorials on the online xbmc centre tutorial , but i must of done something wrong as now it just boots into the green microsoft screen sad.gif

StreamBo

• Archived User
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »

I rarely play games on my xbox(1) anymore.  Now its my mediaplayer.  Until I cave in and buy an xbox360 to play H.264

Silent88

• Archived User
« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »

I use XBMC as my main, but there are times I go running to UnleashX or EvoX to do some things that I have yet to figure out on XBMC.

Leceur

• Archived User
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2008, 03:29:00 AM »

XBMC Rulez!

scotty_ne-pas

• Archived User
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »

I have replaced my Avalaunch dash with xbmc ever since i discovered this little gem of a script called navi-x, it is the ultimate script for streaming youtube and concerts and a whole ton of other media straight to the xbox.
I only use Avalaunch now for the ftp speeds that i get with using quix.

Seina

• Archived User
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

Unleashx isn't updated as much, it has easier access to games, applications, and saves, it can edit txt files in the file manager and it transfers between partitions and deletes files faster, making it for me the best choice for the default dash.

ferjero989

• Archived User
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

i use unleash... i would use xbmc but i need the notepad sometimes.. for xml editing..
so.. if t3ch introduces notepad i will gladly use xbmc as dashboard

6StringKng

• Archived User
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »

theres a script you can download for viewing/editing text files, its called, Notepad, lol...

Katormade

• Archived User
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

XBMC is fantastic ! Thanks to evryone that have been or being involved in this excellent project.

L1v3s0nAn1s7and

• Archived User
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »

I used unleashx for the longest tiem but i found my self going in to xbmc doing everything so i just swittched to it......ha tongue.gif

mario24601

• Archived User
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »

I have evox with modchip (someone did for me about 2 years ago).  I also have the latest XBMC I loaded myself on 'apps' section.  Since I use XBMC for eveything I want to make that my dashboard...any good write ups on how to make the transition from evox to XBMC dash?  I am not too comfortable with this stuff so the easier/clearer instructions the better....thanks for help.

Bloodfin

• Archived User
« Reply #266 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »

I just did it. The best way is to get the latest AID on disc and just install xbmc as the main dash from there.

I liked UnleashX a lot but I never use it anymore. I like the Vista skin for,.... it was very clean but nice and bright.

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #267 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »

Going from Evox to XBMC the quick way. Download latest version 70 odd meg but fast download, decompress (extract). Inside the folder is xbmc and tools folder. Copy XBMC folder only to your Xbox partition either c: e: f: g:. Open tools folder (still on pc) and find xbe shortcut maker, launch (.net must be installed). Make a shortcut to point to wherever you put your XBMC folder example "c:\xbmc\default.xbe". Then it asks what to call the file, call it evoxdash.xbe and save it to say your desktop. It will produce a file thats an xbe about 60kb or so. Drop that file to the root of your xbox c: drive. Done, reboot. Delete any unwanted evox stuff ie folders - skins -ini but not the new evoxdash.xbe as thats the boot shortcut for xbmc.

Sorry bad info, the simple shortcut maker isnt in this package however its not hard to find, check out the software section at this main site.

reliantkcar

• Archived User
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »

I use Unleashed x for playing copying games but the XBMC is for everything else. by the way Qwix works on unleashed x  I use it to make iso's of gamestop games because My 500gig hardrive is stuffed so now i'm saving up for a 1tb drive. I already have the sata adapter so I just gotta get some more cash

Murhagh

• Archived User
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2008, 05:42:00 AM »

First: XMBC
Second: UnleashX

UnleashX is to copy new versions of XBMC to the HDD. For everything else I use XBMC.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19