xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Xbox Image Grabber Tut  (Read 248 times)

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« on: January 24, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

Well, I wrote up this tutorial/package. This eliminates the need for XDI because there are precompiled config files inside it. You will still have to get some files yourself since they are part of, or made from, the XDK. But after you get those files, this helps you set it up... I hope it helps you guys.

Here is a link to the Download:
http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/18199/X...e%20package.rar

This post has been edited by noselessmonk: Jan 25 2006, 06:32 AM

awdark

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »

Eh this might sound weird, but do you know if this would work on a softmodded box?  I did read your tutorial and it sounds like files need to be scattered everywhere...
Perhaps my question would fit better in the softmod ndure section.

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

Yes it works on a softmod. I have it running with UDE(Haven't bothered upgrading since it's only a 1.0 box...why fix it if it ain't broke, right?).

awdark

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »

FYI, took me 5 days to get my files back after screwing up my partition tables on my primary computer's hard drive... anyways I think theres a possiblity it doesnt like 1.6 xboxes or Ndure unless UDE=Ndure evolved.

Maybe its the virutal C of ndure or the dash im using to load it.  99% sure I followed your directions correctly.

Used evox to load XBMC, ran Phonix bios loader, xbox did a color thing to the LED
Used evox to load Avalaunch, ran PBL, xbox did color cycle thing.

in ddash folder in apps, I tried UnleashedX and EvoX

Only difference I see are the xbox versions, exploits we are running, Metoo (running metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1.zip), and possibly the devkit dll.

Its not a priority thing, I think I will try the DeadParrot's dual debug installer thing next... but you deserve some input for the work you put into the guide.

This post has been edited by awdark: Feb 4 2006, 08:14 AM

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

I'm not sure about Avalaunch, but evox won't work as the dash in ddash. I put XBMC in there. You can launch the PBL with the IND-Bios files from evox and it should then load the from the ddash folder(if you put the dashboard.xbx file included in the package on the root of your E drive.)

voyde

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

where are the usual places

Xbins is down (it says it on the channel)

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

Well, I fixed a few mistakes and updated for 1.6 xboxes. Now everybody should be able to get this working.

JustinT9669

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(noselessmonk @ Feb 4 2006, 11:57 AM) View Post

I'm not sure about Avalaunch, but evox won't work as the dash in ddash. I put XBMC in there. You can launch the PBL with the IND-Bios files from evox and it should then load the from the ddash folder(if you put the dashboard.xbx file included in the package on the root of your E drive.)

debug works fine in evox dash.

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »

I know it works(as in it actually runs) but it gives errors when trying to take screenshots after launching a game.

This post has been edited by noselessmonk: Mar 14 2006, 02:37 PM

jizzmasterflex

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

Download is dead sad.gif

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

Here is a new link to it hosted on savefile.com.

Get it here

JustinT9669

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(noselessmonk @ Mar 14 2006, 05:33 AM) View Post

I know it works(as in it actually runs) but it gives errors when trying to take screenshots after launching a game.

dry.gif ...no it doesn't. Evox dash works fine in debug. I just tested with XIG2 1.3 and XDK screen capture, and both works.

Drilus

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

it's not that evox won't work at all. but evox just doesn't make the track record that unleashx or avalaunch has. many ppl have reported problems with a bfm debug bios loading properly under evox. if it works for you that's great, but *cough* unleashx is better.     tongue.gif  biggrin.gif

JustinT9669

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Drilus @ Mar 24 2006, 01:02 PM) View Post

it's not that evox won't work at all. but evox just doesn't make the track record that unleashx or avalaunch has. many ppl have reported problems with a bfm debug bios loading properly under evox. if it works for you that's great, but *cough* unleashx is better.     tongue.gif  biggrin.gif

o well maybe since on running on a flashed debug bios.

btw, I tried UnleashX for the first time today and it is alot better than EvoX. Im going to switch my backup dash to UnleashX biggrin.gif ...but XBMC still owns all laugh.gif

Drilus

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

yeah, it's a tough call. i love xbmc and unleashx. i think when blackbolt's skin is released i'll probably make xbmc my default dash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4