xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xbox Image Grabber Tut  (Read 251 times)

Drilus

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

then find out the ip it's being assigned in DHCP and tell XIG to connect to that one.

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »

Yeah Ive been putting the correct IP in the config file every time, it just wont work  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif). I think Ill just write my own dirty application to do this, connects to telnet on port 731 and receives a data stream of the image in bytes is this right?

edit: Ok reading the thread about xbcapture for linux it has to be converted from dds. Ill work it out anyways or write some DOS batch file to do it.

This post has been edited by kurt_powers69: Apr 19 2006, 11:43 AM

JustinT9669

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

try that new app...Xbcapture.pl.

Drilus

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

good luck on that.

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 01:19:00 AM »

yeah well you know I would try the linux based one, but thing is I have windows and DOS and no intention of getting linux on my comp.

QUOTE(Drilus @ Apr 20 2006, 02:53 AM) *

good luck on that.

can't be that hard can it?

Drilus

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

i wasn't being sarcastic. i was actually saying good luck. i enjoy seeing new releases of screenshot programs.

as for it being hard. well, there is already 3 different sources released. I would suggest try improving it. But then again, when it comes to programming, you never really know how hard something is going to be until you try.  smile.gif

Aquarillis

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can get XDI? I've been trying to be able to get screenshots from my Xbox for 5 months!

Aquarillis

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

That tutorial is GARBAGE. You confused me SO FUCKING MUCH, with all of your backtracking and putting up updates AFTER the instructions, stating that you should do something else. Don't waste your time with this, all you'll get is a headache from trying to even just read this.

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

No it's not garbage.

Aquarillis

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 03:54:00 AM »

Then what is it? He says something, then backtracks and tells us to do something else! Then he skips a line after every sentence!

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

I followed it easily, changed the setup a bit though I have to admit. Don't shoot the guy down for tryin anyway.

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Aquarillis @ May 21 2006, 10:36 PM) View Post

That tutorial is GARBAGE. You confused me SO FUCKING MUCH, with all of your backtracking and putting up updates AFTER the instructions, stating that you should do something else. Don't waste your time with this, all you'll get is a headache from trying to even just read this.

I didn't put any *updates* after the instructions. The only new thing I put up is a little tut for manually editing the xbdm.ini file to set the IPs to what you want. Please tell me exactly what you are having trouble with and I'll try to help.

Glad to see you got it working kurt_powers69. Hope my "garbage" tutorial didn't confuse you too much  smile.gif .

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

Didn't confuse me at all, I even learnt from it and expanded on it.

DEADEYES

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2006, 05:01:00 AM »

I'm very confuse with this topic! This is the first time i explore my xbox. So, with a newbie like me (don't know how to do things!), can anyone post a step by step how to take screenshot, how to setup things and backup..v.v. everything needed for taking screenshots? Because, if someone like me (newbie - you may call noob  blink.gif) see a lot of talking, i'm sure they'll afraid to do this! Please, post your step-by-step guides for newbie!

Thanks.

master123467

• Archived User
Xbox Image Grabber Tut
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

i cant figure it out i get to the loading PBL mentoo and the cycling leds and thts its i hve the default.xbe of unleashx in the ddash folder on my apps and i did everything and still nothing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4