xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wtf !  (Read 74 times)

SOULJAH1337

• Archived User
Wtf !
« on: August 05, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »

Hi Guys how ya doin..I appreciate all the help i been get from all of ya and am gratefull but I have a lil problem right now...This is my situation..I have a V.1.0 XBOX and I installed a Xenum Sp Ice Chip in it , have the regular stock HDD and got an Evolution x M8 Bios and the Evox Dash Board it all work and I am happy about that But my problem in that when I try to start the xbox regularly with the mod chip of it gives me "YOUR XBOX REQUIRES SERVICE" andthe led blinks red and green..I did a lil reading around and Figured my EEprom Is messed up and I might need a new one..and here are my Q's about that:

Where Can I get it?
Can I get it from a regular "never used live" xbox?
How Do I install it?

I have read a few tutorial , One of them is "A Fast & Legal way to reflash your EEPROM with Cromwell " but i dont understand it I download the files but I dont know what do do with em, I dont even have cromwell in my xbox and tried to install it but didnt work.. :-(

Also I would like tio know how to install and use Configmagic because it seems when i get a new Eeprom I ma need that program to install it

So thats all for now so It u know have any info that could help me out let me know..PZ

SJH

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

when it flashes red & green, is there a number in the top left hand corner?

solder_blob

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(SOULJAH1337 @ Aug 5 2005, 11:07 PM)
Hi Guys how ya doin..I appreciate all the help i been get from all of ya and am gratefull but I have a lil problem right now...This is my situation..I have a V.1.0 XBOX and I installed a Xenum Sp Ice Chip in it , have the regular stock HDD and got an Evolution x M8 Bios and the Evox Dash Board it all work and I am happy about that But my problem in that when I try to start the xbox regularly with the mod chip of it gives me "YOUR XBOX REQUIRES SERVICE" andthe led blinks red and green..I did a lil reading around and Figured my EEprom Is messed up and I might need a new one..and here are my Q's about that:

Where Can I get it?
Can I get it from a regular "never used live" xbox?
How Do I install it?

I have read a few tutorial , One of them is "A Fast & Legal way to reflash your EEPROM with Cromwell " but i dont understand it I download the files but I dont know what do do with em, I dont even have cromwell in my xbox and tried to install it but didnt work.. :-(

Also I would like tio know how to install and use Configmagic because it seems when i get a new Eeprom I ma need that program to install it

So thats all for now so It u know have any info that could help me out let me know..PZ
SJH

The BST here should have fresh eeproms for you to buy tho I don't think that's your problem.... It could be from the harddrive not being locked... Did you ever unlock it with the chip? like in Xenium OS??  Booting off the orginal BIOS / with the Chip disabled would make it flash these colors if the Drive was unlocked or possibly if the eeprom was screwed... Did you ever screw with it beside backin it up?

Cheers!
:beer:

This post has been edited by solder_blob: Aug 6 2005, 04:12 AM

SOULJAH1337

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

killerbootsman- I just tried to turn it on to answer ur question but Now it wont even show that screen..Now it shows the Xenium Menu and I press to load the " Original Xbox" bios and it just shuts of and got bak to the Xenium menu but As i recall No it didnt show a number

solder_blob- As I recall My brother was browsing the menus of the xenium os and he might have pressed EEprom something and after he did that the problem occured as for launching the Original Bios with the HDD unlocked yea I think i did it once

My problem just got worse I think because now when I press the Launch Original bios not a hacked one it goes right bak to the Xenimu OS menu...  :uhh:

blame canada

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

before you do anything else, go punch your brother really hard

solder_blob

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(SOULJAH1337 @ Aug 5 2005, 11:28 PM)
killerbootsman- I just tried to turn it on to answer ur question but Now it wont even show that screen..Now it shows the Xenium Menu and I press to load the " Original Xbox" bios and it just shuts of and got bak to the Xenium menu but As i recall No it didnt show a number

solder_blob- As I recall My brother was browsing the menus of the xenium os and he might have pressed EEprom something and after he did that the problem occured as for launching the Original Bios with the HDD unlocked yea I think i did it once
My problem just got worse I think because now when I press the Launch Original bios not a hacked one it goes right bak to the Xenimu OS menu...  :uhh:

MMM He proably backed up the eeprom w/ the Xenium OS  So that's alright I think xuz thats the only feature Xenium OS Has which is back up  and restore eeprom oh yeah I wonder if he hit restore eeprom when he never actually backed up one??? I wonder if it actually writes a blank eeprom gee ... hope not... just got on and lock the sucker then boot off the orginal bios I'm sure it will work.

Cheers!

SOULJAH1337

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

Ok I went and Punched him and got bak to my box and did what solder_blob told me restored it from the xenium restore EEprom and it work it starts normal and boots up games again..Thanx man I would buy u a beer if u lived closer..hehe..maybe u could help me with my next question I tried to connect to live with the chip off and it wont let me it says that xbox might be moded and doesnt connect..I havent yet upgraded my hard drive from the stock one but i plan on doin it soon..so I know i ma need a new eeprom to play live when i upgrade the HDD but is there anything i could do to play now with the stock hdd and the eeprom i have now??

This post has been edited by SOULJAH1337: Aug 6 2005, 04:39 AM

blame canada

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

yea, youll need a new eeprom if you upgrade your hd and try to go on live again.

solder_blob

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(SOULJAH1337 @ Aug 5 2005, 11:42 PM)
Ok I went and Punched him and got bak to my box and did what solder_blob told me restored it from the xenium restore EEprom and it work it starts normal and boots up games again..Thanx man I would buy u a beer if u lived closer..hehe..maybe u could help me with my next question I tried to connect to live with the chip off and it wont let me it says that xbox might be moded and doesnt connect..I havent yet upgraded my hard drive from the stock one but i plan on doin it soon..so I know i ma need a new eeprom to play live when i upgrade the HDD but is there anything i could do to play now with the stock hdd and the eeprom i have now??

Ahh punched your bro for no reason eh?? Well I personally don't use live... I use X link Kai and  XBConnect - Free online gamin services ;) Tho not as fancy as XBL is...

Cheers!

Bullwinkle

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 07:41:00 AM »

where your xbox is telling you that the box may have been modded (ie: youre banned) ...you'll want to make sure you have a live-blocking bios loaded on the chip..just in case your brother decides to run live while the chip is on :)

SOULJAH1337

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »

Oh ok..Soon I am going to add a new 200 gig hard drvie I ma wait till then to install a new eeprom...But Where can I get a new EEproM? and how do i put a live-blocking bios?...Sorry about all the questions but i wanna make sure I will be able to play live when I add the new HDD..

SJH

Xekutr

• Archived User
Wtf !
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

lol, no one, NO ONE EVER TOUCHES MY MODDED BOX, lol, I just don't trust what an unknowing person could do to it in as little as a few clicks