xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xnes?  (Read 66 times)

cykiller

• Archived User
Xnes?
« on: August 20, 2002, 12:24:00 PM »

Right, I have finally got it onto a cd-rw and it boot ok!!!  

Obviously, it doesn't come with any ROMs so i thought just as a test i'd put all the zipped ROM files from my SNES emu on the PC (ZSNES), into the XSNES Roms folder just to see what happens!

To my suprise, they came up on the XSNES emu screen and some of them work!    BUT ONLY A FEW

The first 60 or so load but with a lot of them, the screen goes black. You can hear the game music in the back ground, but no picture and you have to reboot

The other problem is, if you try and choose any game after about midway throught the games starting with letter B (63 games down i thing!?), the 'Loading Game' message at the top of the screen just flickers really quickly, but doesn't load anything! it just stays on the menu screen! if you keep you finger on the button for too long, the loading message stops flickering and the program has hung, so back to rebooting!!!!  

does any one else on here use this emu, if so have you come across any problem like this and how do you fix them?

as ususal any help or ideas would be much appreciated  

cheers,

K~

powerben5000

• Archived User
Xnes?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »

I have the same issue Cykiller does, and I'm running beta 4.

The games that run seem to work very well, full speed and sound...but I also get the 'black-screen-o-death' that he describes...xbox locks up, has to be reset when I try to run certain roms...

Haven't gotten the chance to put it on the hd yet, tho...

Golgilak

• Archived User
Xnes?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 11:45:00 PM »

The people didn't take the time out to make a dummy file prog for the emu
if you put a dummy file on it i beleive you can get more games to work.
I am not complaining though emu rulez
keep making them
PS: if anyone can get a dummy file prog for the x-box that would be great
till then i keep trying to make one, its not that hard and all. I am just busy