xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Issues With Fdrive.dxt And Cdrive.dxt...  (Read 76 times)

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Issues With Fdrive.dxt And Cdrive.dxt...
« on: August 20, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

I put fdrive.dxt and cdrive.dxt into E:\Devkit\dxt\ and rebooted, but I still only have the Xbox Dashboard on the XDK Launcher menu...
Am I doing something wrong, or do I have to do more than just add the 2 files?

Thanks,
-Danny

EDIT:
I just realized that you can launch the files through the Xbox Neighborhood on my pc.

I can launch xbmc.xbe on my C drive, but F:\ shows up as "Memory Unit 1A (F:)" and it's empty...

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(old engineer @ Aug 21 2005, 01:54 AM)
You need to format f: before you can use it.

Uh... I would only need to reformat if I hadn't already formated it right?

I've had the same 250 GB WD HDD for the past like 6 months...
So F: is already formatted... so I doubt that's it, unless you need to REformat it for some odd reason...

fghjj

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »

I think your debug BIOS doesn't support LBA48 (for the > 137 gb area), but I could be wrong. Anyway, be careful, cause putting files on your F: via Xbox Neighborhood could damage your data in that case.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

Oh shit, I never though of that...

Good thing I haven't tried putting anything on it...

For some reason, under the F: properties of my Xbox in the Xbox Neighborhood, it claims that is has a capacity of 120.52 GB but all of that is used and none is free.

My F: actually has a capacity of 225.37 GB,  and only 149.12 GB used, leaving 76.24 GB free.

But anyways, if it was that it didn't LBA48 support, then wouldn't it say that it has a capacity of 137 GB and none free?

I'm using the bios, 'debug.256k.yoshi.k2005.v16.bin'.

Well... I'll just go ask in the bios forums.

So is there anything it could be other than LBA48 support? I know of a few others who couldn't get it to work. Some just gave up and set whatever, and some still don't know...

-Danny

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

Under E:\Devkit\ there is a foler named dxt, and that is where you are supposed to put the fdrive.dxt and cdrive.dxt files to add support for them. There is only one file in there other than those, and it's vx.dxt. And from what I know, in order to play Halo2, I had to delete vx.dxt. I dunno if it's because I have a 1.6 xbox or for sum other reason, but I know I had to delete it.

So anyways... the cdrive.dxt worked, bu thte fdrive.dxt didn't...

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 03:17:00 AM »

Hey, I got it working thanks to xboxgamer733.

Here's the link to the thread in the Bios Forum.

I just tried it too.

It will work if you use the x2.5035 bios and just set it to debug mode. Because the X2 bios has LBA48 support!

Woot! I just loaded a game off of my F partition, lol

-Danny

DarkRiot701

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »

I was just wondering if there was a gdrive.dxt file somewhere that I could put in my "E:\DEVKIT\dxt" folder. What I am trying to do is get access to my G Drive through Xbox Neighborhood WHILE playing a game. I am using iND-BiOS 5003.67 and F & G Drive show up in Xbox Neighborhood as Memory Unit 1A (F Drive) and Memory Unit 1B (G Drive) but only when I am on my dashboard!!!! (UnleashX) I just want to have access to ALL of my partitions when i'm on my dashboard AND while playing a game through Xbox Neighborhood.