xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox 1.6  (Read 530 times)

figo30

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« on: November 26, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

has any body got the xbit 1.5 with adapter working on xbox 1.6 ?

chimpi

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

No, all mine does is load the original Xbox bios.  I am not pleased with this chip so far.  A customer sent this to me asking me to install.  The thing I do not understand is the picture they show soldering the adapter wires into the LPC.  Shouldn't there be more information, like doesn't the D0 solder point need to be connected.  There is not much detail on the website, so I am not really bashing the chip, more so the lack of instructions on how to install it on a v1.6.

chimpi

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

Ok, I got it figured out.

1. You must wire the Ver 1.6 adapter to the top side LPC as shown on the DMS3 website.
2. You still need to rebuild the LPC as shown on Team Xodus or DMS3 site. I preffer the top side D0 solder point by R7C8, close to the Xyclops chip.
3. With all the extra wire in the Xbox, I removed the pogo pins, placed electrical tape on the bottom side of the chip, and taped the chip to side of the chassis. The adapter board  just lays behind the ribbon cable and chassis.  Then your D0 solder point must connect to T2 on the chip. I used about 4" of kynar.

These instructions would have been helpfull on the DMS site, however tinkering around, I got if figured out.

Peace.  beerchug.gif

***Update the version 1.6 mobo I am working on has masking over the via's and I am having intermitting connection to the D0 solder point.  Does anybody know of another location I can solder from that might be platted?

cabane77

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

hi chimpi,
i have the same problem of lack of instructions...do u think you can take some pictures and send to us please ?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 02:53:00 AM »

you could connect this wire point to one of the d0 pins on the xbit chip, cant say iv tried but im pretty sure it would work. that point is pretty big - used it when installing a xenium ice.

(IMG:http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsdemonz/Avalaunch_alternate_D0_for_1_6_motherboards/Avalaunch_Alt_D0_1_6_board_400.jpg)

hamzter

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

I am having the same problem.  Does anyone have a pic of where the D0 is on the V1.6 XB?

Nickokick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

Got a question for chimpi you said "You still need to rebuild the LPC as shown on Team Xodus or DMS3 site.". Which diagram did you use? As far as I can see they differ from eachother;

X-B.I.T. LPC Rebuild (Backside of the motherboard):
(IMG:http://devit.sytes.net/forum/xbit_lpc_rebuild.jpg)

Xodus LPC Rebuild (Frontside of the motherboard):
(IMG:http://devit.sytes.net/forum/Xodus_lpc_rebuild.jpg)

Just want to make sure I have solded exactly like you have before I try your method.

chimpi

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

Hi, I used the one for the Xenium.  You still may need to use alternate D0 solder points though.

Nickokick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

Ok, so you used the Xodus LPC Rebuild diagram, and then you had to connect LFRAME on your xbox to T2 on the chip to make it work. I have soldered my LPC rebuild after the X-bit diagram.
You'll see that there is a cable from LFRAME to LPC3 so I dont think I should connect another cable on LFRAME to T2.

Also, without this LFRAME connection your xbox would only load the original bios? My box does not load the original bios, instead it boots 3 times, last time it flashes red and green. If I turn off the modchip via the DIP-switch on the chip it boots the original bios, so it seem like the chip is working, just dont load the bios.

I'm totaly cluless of what to try next, not sure if its a hardware problem (missing wire or something) or bad bios.

Im using the M8_16.BIN bios as im told to do so.

I have a crystal xbox v1.6 with an x-bit v1.5 modchip + the 1.6 adapter.

:blink:

This post has been edited by Nickokick: Dec 6 2004, 08:10 PM

YouRathOfGoD

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »

hey guys, damn we're all in the same boat. I also have a 1.6 and a xbit 1.5. I used the xenium LPC rebuild and did a header pin install. dude i am also getting xmas lights. and also WTF about the whole grounding of the lfrome. im guessing that the diagram that is shown above is the right diagram and than we take the Lfram from either topside or bottom than ground that. thats the only thing i can think of.maybe we can have a collective mnd hehe.figure this shiznat out. muhaha.gif

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

So if you do the wire install, and not the header, you still have to rebuild the LPC.  Looks like you would not need to, but I have not tried this yet and I just want to make sure I am understanding you all right before I go get a headached.

Do you need to have to have the chip installed and powered by the cd takeoff lead to flash?  I know that my old chip did not have that, and it flashes just fine, but this one I cannot get it to connect.

Thanks

AcidQ

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »

@Sanchez I guess you have got a new X-Bit1.5 and youre flashsoftware is for version 1.0, I had the same problem. There is a new version of the flashsoftware especially for the x-bit 1.5. If you use that you should not have that connectionproblem.

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

I tried both the new and the old software.  Nothing works.  I even tried the other versions.  

I did find something odd though.  When dip switch four is up (ON position) the green light will not come on.  At first I thought the chip was fried, but I played around with the dip switches, plugged it back in and it turned back on.  The problem is totally repeatable.

I thought that the chip would flash independent of the dip settings.

On the other hand it really does not matter since I cannot flash it anyhow I do it.  I tried my desktop and lapper.  Both run XP though.  I should probably try it on a machine running 2000.

AcidQ

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »

Welll that is strange, I can flash my xbit1.5 with the new Software independend of the setting of the dip-switches. And I can do that either with xp or w2. Have you tried to unplug it from youre box and tried to connect then??

Nickokick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

D_Sanchez: Try unplugging all USB-devices before you connect your chip. Iv'e seen many having problem with this flash tool, but this seem to fix it. Worked for me.

This post has been edited by Nickokick: Dec 8 2004, 04:42 PM
Pages: [1] 2