xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Im About To Mod  (Read 112 times)

jopo

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« on: April 30, 2004, 03:01:00 PM »

I am looking to spend around 20 dollars, i know there some tools are made crappy and others are made with quality.  what name brandon of dremal i should by?   also what rpm would i be needing to cut through the parts of the xbox?

This post has been edited by jopo: Apr 30 2004, 10:04 PM

Barcode

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

It is Dremel. Dremel is a name brand. Dremel thus, is most likely the most reliable dremel out there. What you are looking for is the generic name. A rotary tool. 20 dollars is going to get you a cheap ass, one speed, thing.

iz3r

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Barcode @ May 1 2004, 12:01 AM)
It is Dremel. Dremel is a name brand. Dremel thus, is most likely the most reliable dremel out there. What you are looking for is the generic name. A rotary tool. 20 dollars is going to get you a cheap ass, one speed, thing.

Wrong, there are other types of Dremel, not of that brand. Its like the kleanex tissue brand. There are other tissue brands, but everyone calls it a kleanex.

rafthunter

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

u kuld also buy a mouse by black and decker das a good ona and dat is th one that i use abd its about 20 t0 25 bucks

cheers beerchug.gif

iz3r

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

u kuld also buy a mouse by black and decker das a good ona and dat is th one that i use abd its about 20 t0 25 bucks

cheers beerchug.gif

Umm WTF!  blink.gif  English please?

This post has been edited by iz3r: Apr 30 2004, 10:38 PM

Barcode

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (iz3r @ May 1 2004, 12:25 AM)
Wrong, there are other types of Dremel, not of that brand. Its like the kleanex tissue brand. There are other tissue brands, but everyone calls it a kleanex.

Yeah, just like Xerox.. umm what others?

green_beetle

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (iz3r @ May 1 2004, 12:25 AM)

yes iz3r is right, but go with the original 'dremel'. i bought a cheap alternative and it came with dodgy attachments. everytime i tried cutting my dvd case the cutting wheels cracked and broke. Went and bought the official dremel cutting wheels and worked like a charm. and im still using the first wheel. cost me $19 AUD for a pack of 36 discs though, but its worth it.

if you dont want to get the official dremel rotary tool because of price. go for a respected brand like black and decker. like rafthunter said. most have a multispeed dial that go fast enough so you shouldnt have worry much about that.

This post has been edited by green_beetle: May 1 2004, 02:04 AM

jopo

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

Ok thanks guys im gonna run out to home depot today and buy one and maybe a dremal set too.  smile.gif

MuscularPigeon

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

there is one dremel that is quite good and not real expensive i think it was like 90bucks CAN dollars.
Anyways its got like rubber on it and instead of a speed dial its got like a little swith thing for speed i cant quite remember what it is called but its what most people use.

polyesterjones

• Archived User
Im About To Mod
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

You might want to consider getting a corded rotary tool, no matter what brand.  Grant it, the cordless ones work well, but for only a small amount of time.  You wouldn't want to have to keep stopping and recharging or swapping out batteries when you're doing complex work.  

I bought a cordless one and was dissatisfied with it, so I ended up buying a corded one.dry.gif

This post has been edited by polyesterjones: May 1 2004, 01:40 PM