xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modded Xbox New Hdd?  (Read 91 times)

xffe

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« on: April 29, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

Ok guys, ABout 6 months ago, i started modding my xbox, i have EvoX and all that stuff installed, with a flashed bios, no modchip.  How do I put the new 120GB HDD on the main page into my xbox and just get rid of the old HDD?  I looked through the tutorials, and most all i seen was for unmodded xboxs and for adding external hard drives, how do i just put in the new HDD? and what is all required, i searched aswell, and am still surfing the many pages that habe come up, but im in need of the info quick so i can decide on wether i want to purchase a new HDD or not.  ANy and all help is appreciated and thank you in advance for any and all help!  <

buttface96

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Basically, take out the old HD, pop the new 1 in, connect it up aswell. Then create the ..::Special Evox New HD Disk::.. and burn it to a cd-rw, or dvd-r if u have that capibility. Pop it in ur xbox and formate the new hd. Once you do that, move all ur files back by ftping.  <

Server4001

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

yup... its that simple!  <

_mikec_

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

if you use slayers 2.5 you can do that easily. First unlock the default xbox HDD, u might need it later on on your pc. Flash a bios to be able to upgrade to a 120gb HDD. If you did the TSOP mod, u wont be able to use xbox live, i think, and if you connect to xbox live you might get banned and never play online game again, unless you know how to move around it.  <

xffe

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

ok, i did the tsop flash mod, and i NEVER plan to use xbox live, as i do not have the funds, nor the patience.  Is there a tutorial for the new HDD stuff or anything like that i could use?  As i don't quite understand what you mean. thanks for the replys!  <

_mikec_

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

when u'll remove the old hdd flash your bios to support lager hdd, and plug the new one. its that simple!

EDIT: i suggest u search the scene, there's lots of ppl with similar posts or same question.

This post has been edited by _mikec_: May 1 2004, 01:31 AM <

xffe

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

ok thanx, my bios alrdy supports any size HDD, thanx for the help man  <

xffe

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

My xbox, does not read cds that ive made, it never has, ive tried every media avaliable in my area, and even from out of my area, and i have NO way of making dvd, becuase no one i know, friends family etc... has a dvd burner, is there a way to prep WITHOUT using a cd?  <

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

are you using cd-r or cd-rw? cd-rw are what the drives read better, the thomson cant read cd-r
 <

xffe

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

alright, ill try a few again, hopefully i can find one that works, is there a table anywhere of the ones that work, i KNOW i saw one, but i cant seem to find it anywhere?!?  <

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
Modded Xbox New Hdd?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

there is but im not going to try to look for it sorry, dont have any time i use a TDK 4x cd-rw and it works fine on my thomson
 <