xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Spice Refuses To Boot, Green Light  (Read 40 times)

JonBOY

• Archived User
Xenium Spice Refuses To Boot, Green Light
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

alright, well where to start......

1) first up, you said that you tried perfdorming a Xenium OS recovery, what did you mean by 'flipped the switch on the mini-front panel'.

in this instance, because you cant boot XOS to use the recovery option, you need to pull the box apart and physically move the recovery switch on the edge of the chip. The switch is in recovery mode when the sliding tab is toward the top of the chip. Also, did you put a recovery.bin file in the root of your E drive before the troubles began? if not the only way the recovery can work is if you make a recovery disc with the recovery.bin file on it for the chip to find.

2) did you make sure that you set the Maxtor drive back to cable select when you had finished the HDD upgrade?

3) since you're using the solderless adapter, can you confirm that all 5 LEDs on the SP adapter light up when the chip is not installed, and that LED 4 no longer lights up when the chip is installed?

JonBOY

• Archived User
Xenium Spice Refuses To Boot, Green Light
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(bearda @ Apr 21 2006, 09:11 PM) View Post

I did set the Maxtor drive back to cable select after the upgrade before powering on the box.  The upgrade itself went fine; the failure came after I tried running Doom3 later.  I had actually booted into XBMC before the box died, so I was pretty confident the hard drive copy worked out OK.  I did swap back to the original Xbox hard drive just to make sure though (which is what's hooked up right now).

I'm not too sure what you mean switch on the front panel, you ight have some sort of extra harddrware installed I'm not familiar with. Ways I know of to put the chip into reocvery mode are 1) from the XOS, 2) holding down the eject button, and 3) manually flicking the switch on the chip.

As to the recovery disc, download the latest iso version and use Nero to burn an image to disc. You may need to try different disc types until you find one that works. If you can get it to work look for a tute by Dangerously Cheesy, its actually an OS update manual but same thing.

Ok, you had XBMC working fine then it died once you launched Doom3. At this stage was your Maxtor HDD locked?