xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backed Up Eeprom  (Read 44 times)

sayguh

• Archived User
Backed Up Eeprom
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »

Ok so first off, when you use xenium to back up ur EEProm where does it keep it?  On the chip?  Cause i backed it up, and then i did back up to bin.  Obviously the bin is on the E:\ drive.  What information does this give me?  Lets say my dog pees all over my xbox and i have a locked 250 gig hdd (it's always unlocked but lets say it magically locks itself through the power of dog urine) I have my C and E drives backed up, how can I use the bin file to get my hard drive lock code?

JonBOY

• Archived User
Backed Up Eeprom
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

yes sir you can.

If you have the EEPROM.bin file, you canopen it on your PC using a prgram called Live Info. This displays the codes etc your EEPROM contains, such as your Mac address, online key, and your HDD locking key.

What I recommend you do, is install the xbox app Configmagic. Then make use of this apps back up feature, it creates an 'EEPROMbackup.bin', 'EEPROMbackup.cfg' and a 'EEPROMbackup.txt' file in the root of your E:. Then back them up to your PC, the txt file allows you to view these codes/info simply with Notepad etc.

If your dog did actually pee on your box totally stuffing it, you could copy the HDD locking key for the drive from the txt file, put the HDD in another box, then update the new boxes EEPROM (using the Live Info) with the HDDs locking key. One harddrive salvaged and a smack on the ar$e for the dog!

also, when you back up your EEPROM with the Xenium, it backs it up to the Xeniums own memory. The other backup option as you said is to back up to .bin where the EEPROM.bin file is created in the root of the E:.

sayguh

• Archived User
Backed Up Eeprom
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

awesome, thanks a lot