xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider 1.1  (Read 73 times)

SigmaX6

• Archived User
Spider 1.1
« on: January 05, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

sleeping.gif  i guess im up the creak without a paddle well atleast i got a modchip if mine ever burns out for some reason

jonjoyner83

• Archived User
Spider 1.1
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

Exact same problem I had with 3 NEW chips from Divineo.  THEY WILL NOT WORK SOLDERLESSLY.  You have to solder it in.  I had to solder mine in.  It took 20 minutes and was harmless.  Just follow hackdabox's tut on soldering it in.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider 1.1
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(SigmaX6 @ Jan 4 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post

Hi all been awhile since ive poseted in here
I have a question about the spider chip 1.1(got form devineo)

I have one in my version 1.6 xbox installed it a year ago. My friend sold me another xbox(clear pinkish case, boots fine)

I think its a 1.6b.

Anywho i ordered the spiderchip as i had a easy time the first time around took me only under 1 hour to get everything(dash/flash the bios) including another hdd working in it.

But this time around i dont know what im specifically doing wrong, ive made sure the modchip works. ive taken my other spider chip out(1.6) and tried the one i just got it comes up to the deafult flash screen.

But when i go ahead and put either of the modchips in the clear pinkish one it will not boot.

Now i went ahead and checked the connections. I decided to try each wire adding them from a to e until i get something wrong. I notice when i put E in it causes my xbox to turn on and off randomnly, it eventually boots up to a flashing red button on my xbox. Note it is black screen when it boots up.

I am not booting the xbox with any hdd's or cdroms when testing

Please give me some suggestions.
Thnks SigmaX6

Hello there,

Well you have installed the chip correctly but you must have a V1.6b that doesn't like the spiderchip flashbios. Theres not alot you can do about this problem. Normally i would suggest you hotswap the spider and flash the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 ( 256k ) BIOS , but since your other modchip is also a solderless spider then that wont work !

I guess you could try to boot the difficult spidy ( solid red ) many many times like 50 tries .. it might one time actually come up to the menu , for goodness sake dont hit power by accident if it does boot !

Then make damn sure you have a working BIOS DISC which contains the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 ( 256k ) BIOS and flash that spider !

Now if it never works in the xbox your trying to mod , then try booting it many times in yours , if it boots then flash it in yours but make sure you use the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios ( 256k ).

HackDaBox !