xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: External Switch To Duox 2 Chip  (Read 548 times)

otherguy

• Archived User
External Switch To Duox 2 Chip
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

imagine the leads that you solder the switch to are the circles - there are two switches coming off it. The switch effectively connect the mille pin to either the top or the bottom (that's what the /'s signify... the switch's position).

Now the switch on the chip will be inside the box so it's not moving. In the first case - both the switches are in the same position... therfore - the new switch is effectively doing nothing and the bottom two points are connected. this is because the origional switch is already connecting those points - the 2nd switch is being redundant.

Now in the 2nd case the switchs are in opposite positions. The switch on the chip is connecting the the top and middle pins. and the new switch is conencting the middle and bottom pins. The switches are wired in parallel - therefore their mille pins are always connected to one another - so if t he 1st switch is connecting the middle and the top and the 2nd switch is connecting the middle to the bottom (and the middles are connected), the n the middle is conected to both the top and the bottom pins.

This is what you had proposed to do to make a 1mb bank.

NOTE: i never said this is how you do it. I said i don't know how the chip would respond if you did this...  and i'd suspect it wouldn't work

...hopefully that clarifies
Pages: 1 [2]