xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox 2 V 1.6 Bios Issues  (Read 331 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox 2 V 1.6 Bios Issues
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

The bios is not the problem i don't think. I have fitted tons of these things and not had any issues with the supplied bios on 1.6a or 1.6b
The bank switch on the chip however may not be making correct contact. Flick the switch quickly side to side a few times then leave it back on bank 1 and try it.

jhernandez

• Archived User
Duox 2 V 1.6 Bios Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

Sorry it didn't work. I just tried to bootup Call of Duty Finest Hour with the chip enabled and it loaded fine and then my video went crazy. Also when I try to boot XS Filter - Links to Xbox Warez and Torrents **'s installer it'll lock up. But it will boot slayers 2.6 installer fine. With the chip off it's fine. Any idea you have anything I'll listen because I'm stumped.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox 2 V 1.6 Bios Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

are the ram chips samsung or hynix !

hippo

• Archived User
Duox 2 V 1.6 Bios Issues
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 03:39:00 AM »

before you do that I'd give yoshi's beta 4 bios a try.

jhernandez

• Archived User
Duox 2 V 1.6 Bios Issues
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

At first it detected the flash rom as winbond. Then I remembered tracer's advice and flicked the switch a couple of times. Then it detected the rom as fujitsu and erased the bios. It proceeded to flash the bios 1/8th of the way and it hung. Grrr! I read that yoshihiro is compatible for 1.6b. I'm using a 1.6a. Would that matter?