xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Not One Bios Works  (Read 172 times)

Ksw1

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« on: November 22, 2003, 06:20:00 AM »

Sorry to hear your having a hard time.

The symptoms you are describing are not uncommon.

The lack of information you have supplied is also not uncommon.

Until you can provide some additional information, and demonstrate that you have read ANY of the very helpful existing posts, pinned topics, and tutorials on the problem you are having, I don't think your going to get much response to your plea for help!

drunkpug

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »

had same prob as u

i suggest u look at my post called having bios problems look here

hint Xecuter2.4979_REPACK

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »

none of your BIOSes are working because you don't have the chip installed/flashed properly.

Make sure you write, then re-write, and then have the dipswitches set to the right bank

Pobbe

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (thomas_a_anderson187 @ Nov 22 2003, 10:51 AM)
it just boots as normal

d0 problem, check that it has contact.

YLA G

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »

are you sure that the green led is on?  uhh.gif

Leprechaun

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 08:39:00 AM »

I'm having similar problem, with M7 bios just boots normally like no mod is in. With Cromwell I just get a blank screen. If I select a bank that has no bios on it, it reboots 2x then give me blank screen. I assume this means that chip is in fine because different things are happening with different bios'/memory bank slections. O ya my light has always been on, never off. But I have no real idea of what I'm talking about, which is why I'm posting.

running v1.4, I'm 99% sure

Pobbe

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Leprechaun @ Nov 26 2003, 07:39 PM)
I'm having similar problem, with M7 bios just boots normally like no mod is in.

I would guess that your chip is working just fine. You know that M7 doesn´t change the logo, it would still say just "MS" when you boot.

bubs_

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

leprechaun,

i am in the same boat mate.

just got my chip yesterday so i havent thought about soldering it yet.. hey i didnt spend this much money on a solderless chip to end up having to solder it.

Im assuming my chip is in and aligned properly, it is overriding the MS bios but failing to run the M7 bios i flashed in format 4, bios 4. (2x reboot + red/green - fragging) If i put stealth mode on the xbox boots up fine using MS bios. so i know somethings working.

i have tried to flash it with 3 different PCs because its just my luck that it wont work on mine.. so dont tell me im not flashing it properly.. if theres a secret to it then id love to know.

I have a v1.0. so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

does the bios have to be specific to v1.0? i am using the 'multi' version of evox bios (M7) and have read about other people using this too so dont see the problem here. I have also tried x2_4977 but no luck there either.

I have cleaned the contact points on the chip, pogo pins and d0 nothing seems to work.

and like i said i only got my chip yesterday and dont see how i could have fried it.

if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated,

thank you.

FullMetalPacket

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

i had the same problem (reboot 2x no video signal) when i powered the xbox on and forgot to plug the xbit usb external connector (black and yellow wires). Does the led on the external connector come green when powering the xbox on ?

bubs_

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »

yes the light is on, so im assuming there is power to the chip ie. it is grounded properly and contact points are established.

when in stealth mode (dip switch 4 ON) the led is off and MS bios (original) boots.

so my question is... is it:

a) chip is not flashed properly?

OR

cool.gif chip is not installed properly?

im guessing it is (a)  because it frags when i attempt to load a bios from chip (eg. bios 4 - M7) and it boots when the chip is in stealth mode.

Pobbe

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (bubs_ @ Nov 27 2003, 06:52 AM)
so my question is... is it:

a) chip is not flashed properly?

OR

cool.gif chip is not installed properly?

im guessing it is (a)  because it frags when i attempt to load a bios from chip (eg. bios 4 - M7) and it boots when the chip is in stealth mode.

I would go with b, not installed properly. Check the lpc points...

bubs_

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 12:32:00 PM »

yeah ive tried the LPC points again,

i cleaned the points even scrapped them really well with a small screwdriver and rubbed alcohol all over.. my LPC holes are filled, should i clean them out? if so how do i do this?

i cant see how its the contact points.. i line them up perfectly and even press on the chip while its booting to make sure its getting good contact.

and i think it is because if i slightly move it off either the chips led will go off (ie. no power to modchip) or it will just boot original bios.

im goin crazy here - mission for today is take chip out again, reclean points then take box to friends and try flashing it on his 98 machine.

any reccomendations on bios for v1.0 PAL (aussie)

cheers.

nopulse

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

smile.gif
I had problems flashing because I used an USB pen drive to move the bios file from my desktop to my laptop which I used to flash the chip. The PenDrive corrupted a few bytes on the bios everytime resulting in a bad bios. Of course I would had never guessed that until I plugged my Xbox to my desktop and flashed it from there. As you would guesss it worked.
It seems that bioses (i'm not sure about the plural) are very sensitive to data corruption....

Good luck from there.

Xbox v1.0
Xbit flashed on a Win XP Pro. system

bubs_

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

yeah i know that M7 looks exactly like the MS bios, so assuming ive flashed the bios properly, and u reckon that ive installed the chip properly then it should never frag.

ive installed M7 and X2, neither work..

im pretty sure the chip is installed correctly because it doesnt frag when in stealth mode (dip 4 ON ==> xbit off)  

the xbit was purchased from divineo china and received on the 26th Nov. if anyone has bought a chip from them at around the same time can u please let me know how u went? im tempted to return it but its in bloody china and god knows how hard it is to communicate with them..

nopulse

• Archived User
Not One Bios Works
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

At least you narrowed your options down that way. So your chip is install correctly.

I'm sure you know about bios size... If you have another computer to flash your bios with, I would try that. There was some guy on the board saying that their was some bad chips roaming around, I was going to believe that mine was one of them until I made it work; and nobody seemed to confirm his statement.

I bought my chip from the console corner, it is cheaper than Diveneo and it is a US store. Which means it would had been "easier" if I needed to return the chip.

Are you getting your bios from only 1 place? Maybe try to find different sites to get your bios. I got mine from an french/english site, you can find the link in the usual section.

Good luck!!
Pages: [1] 2