xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Xbit Stealth/power Without Main Board Soldering  (Read 586 times)

therebelious1

• Archived User
Xbit Stealth/power Without Main Board Soldering
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

proper allignment of d0 is the only thing i can thing of.

when i first installed the x-bit i had some minor problems with the d0 pogopin, make sure you re-clean and re-seat the d0 pin correctly

i tried this mod this morning and everything works fine- kudos to the guy who thought of this

it would be better if the original poster took some pics of the complete procedure or linked to some specific pics for the xbit- it would be easier than looking at two or three different posts & sources- what i'm trying to say is make a tutorial and i'm sure it will be added to the already pinned xbit install tutorials thread

therebelious1

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

damnit double post sorry

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »

Maybe alignment is the problem....strange on how everytime I removed the diode it would work....guess it was just coincidence (I hope anyways)...will let everyone know how it goes after I resolder the diode on and hook everything back together.  BTW - there were pics on this tut originally, but the poster removed them due to bandwidth constraints... oh well, the pics from the Chameleon thread works just fine.

BT

schoolboyahmed

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

i'll go check it out...thnx...i dunno why doesn't xbox scene just host em...

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 04:40:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

BT

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

blink.gif

EDIT:  Ok,  I read this thread backwards and for some reason I know understand.   Just a little fuzzy on where the diode goes on the chip.  Like the guy above me.

Does this chip have a LED that lets you know if the chip is enable/disabled?  I need a chip fast and this looks like it.  I cant wait for Xenium or the Smart XX which seems like its just gonna be a rushed job.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »

WOW,  that TUT is really good.   But I am confused on the part where they show the power resistor to be soldered to??    

How is that the same as sticking the wire in the plug with the yellow wires? (If you wanted to do it solderless)

thebigyin5555

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2004, 02:22:00 AM »

Tommy Vercetti
WOW, that TUT is really good. But I am confused on the part where they show the power resistor to be soldered to??

How is that the same as sticking the wire in the plug with the yellow wires? (If you wanted to do it solderless)

If you look to the bottom of the connector for the black wire for the USB connector you will see a small pad to which you solder the the resistor.

This is well highlighted on the DMS web site.

http://www.dms3.com/xbit_stm_power.htm

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2004, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (degziebob @ Jan 28 2004, 04:59 AM)

I will be doing this to my box later.....though I'll probably just strip the yellow power wire & solder the STM wire on.....just wanna make sure it's a good connection.

good luck!

Use a tap splice to do this - I did and it is solid and easily reversible....you can get the tap splices from Radio Shack or Ace Hardware...

BT

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (thebigyin5555 @ Jan 28 2004, 07:22 AM)
Tommy Vercetti
WOW, that TUT is really good. But I am confused on the part where they show the power resistor to be soldered to??

If you look to the bottom of the connector for the black wire for the USB connector you will see a small pad to which you solder the the resistor.

This is well highlighted on the DMS web site.

http://www.dms3.com/xbit_stm_power.htm

I see what it points to but you solder it RIGHT to the resistor???  Like one of those little metal strips on the top?  Or you do it underneath?

All this point does is give it POWER correct?? Hence the TUT on the first page that shows which yellow wire you can piggy back off of right?

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

EDIT: Double post,  server is DAMN slow today.

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

The point of this thread is that you don't have to solder to the xbox motherboard.  You push the other end of the wire into pin 2 of the power button header.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (chelrob @ Jan 28 2004, 05:24 PM)
The point of this thread is that you don't have to solder to the xbox motherboard.  You push the other end of the wire into pin 2 of the power button header.

Yes,  I know the point of the thread.    But you answered the question I was trying to ask too.  Thanks. beerchug.gif

therebelious1

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

is someone gonna make a tut for this?

i'll make one when i get home tonight- twill take me about half an hour....

does anyone know where tuts have to be sent in order to be added to the archive?

therebelious1

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

right i have a nice tutorial for this now, its al pdf'ed up and ready to distribute, i'll email it to whoever wants it (its only 250k) until its added to the archive, PM me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5