xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: **help** - Lpc Pin 5 No Voltage ?  (Read 51 times)

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
**help** - Lpc Pin 5 No Voltage ?
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(bilabonic @ Jan 16 2006, 03:34 PM) View Post

Hi All

Just been given xbox which is fragging and somebody has tried fitting chip and butchered the LPC. It came with no chip, so i put an Alladin straight on and hoped for the best. No joy still frags.

Checked LPC with chip still on and there is no voltage at pin 5 (LRst). There is no earth fault on it. I am currently tracing the bottom connection which goes to top of board and back to bottom and i am getting continuity so far. i Have found about seven points which are not going to any components.

To save me time does anyone know where the 3.3v is derived from ? I am currently unable to trace the top connection since i put the chip straight on the board and can't see it.

Anyone help ??

Thanks.

First off, are you sure you're checking the VCC (the lpc hole where the voltage is derived from)?  On my version 1.6 it is one up from the bottom left lpc.  Secondly, are you checking it from the pinheader?  If you say it is butchered, I suggest you get some desolder braid and take that sucker off so you can check the vcc straight from the board (the problem is you may not have a good connection from the pinheader).  Let us know if you get anywhere.  Good luck.