xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Get Modchip Always On?  (Read 43 times)

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
How To Get Modchip Always On?
« on: January 16, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

If you set your mod chip to always on, then it is just that.... Always on.  You can't make it to turn off when you hold a button.

http://xbox.bula.nu/...aysenabled.html
shows you how to make it always enabled. basically just ground the BT.

antz1970

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

if the xbox is a pre v1.6 what i would do is ground the d0 wire to a screwhole , then just add a switch to the middle , like this

motherboard d0 ------------------------switch--------------------screwhole

sorry for the crap diag , but u get the idea biggrin.gif

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

All he is saying is adding a switch along the way.  So instead of having a wire from BT to ground, you have a wire from BT out the side of your box to a switch (simple toggle switch from radio shack), then a wire from the other side of the switch back to the ground.  So when the switch is on, it completes the ground, when the switch is off, it doesn't complete the ground.  Get it?

Superbman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »

is this what i need to do?

IPB Image

gjm

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »

There has been conflicting advice in this thread if you read it all through, and i think some is inaccurate.

Superbman: First off you haven't told us what Xbox version you have. These instructions are for pre 1.6 models.

You need to connect BT to ground as in this diagram, make it exactly like this, the switch does not go here. This has the effect of always powering up the chip:
IPB Image

Now find where the D0 point is on your Xbox motherboard. It could be on the top or the bottom. To make the Xbox always boot from the chip, D0 must be grounded. The way is to run a wire from the D0 point to the metal plate around a screw hole. It is on this connection that your switch should go, as antz1970 said earlier. The switch should NOT go on the BT connection as you are not using that any more (it is hard wired on the chip as per the diagram above).

This is correct as stated by antz1970:
motherboard d0 ------------------------switch--------------------screwhole

As a final note is it really worth all the hassle so you dont have to hold the power button for a second or 2? smile.gif

Superbman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

blink.gif

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

You seem confused about the IGR.  if your mod is on, doing the IGR will bring you back to the dashboard just fine, no need to get up and hold the pwr button.   Ie. the IGR does not disable your mod once you system reboots.  The IGR does not power off your box and powers it back on, all it does it resets back out to the dashboard.  The mod chip status doesn't change on an IGR

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

Maybe it is a setting in your BIOS, or the version you are using.  Because all the versions I have ever used cause the IGR to reset the box back to the dashboard (for me avalaunch) and the power on the box never turns off, just resets.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

Your aladdin modchip has old outdated cpld code that sux. A duox2 is a much better option ( for future mods ). What you can try is editing a Evox bios in EVTOOL and selecting the quick IGR and saving the file and flashing it to your chip. It might not be able to IGR from some games as the quick option is not as reliable as the more compatible ( or whatever the wording is ) but it will try to reset back to the hacked bios.

This is a well documented BUG in the CPLD code that is al over these forums !!!

HackDaBox !

Superbman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

hmmmm, i see
so, to tell you the truth... i'm a bit of a newb and you kinda threw me into a fit of mental diarrhea with your suggestion. Would you be so kind as to please point me into the direction that would lead to a possible solution to this?
Thanks!

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 01:19:00 AM »

Sorry about that i didn't get the impression you were a noob at all!  anyway ...

Simply edit your bios ( Evox M8 Plus V1.6 ) in EVTOOL and select Quick IGR and save it. Reflash your bios and you should be good.

HackDaBox !

Superbman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

hmmm, so no recovery software or anything eh?

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

The Bios wouldn't do that to your HD.  Maybe in your changing the settings you selected something wrong.  Recheck that.  The data should still be there.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

No big problem! just a lba48 options was set wrong. You see if you have a .06 bios and format your hard drive and then try a .67 bios or vice versa then you will have to reformat. But if you change the bios option back all the games and apps will appear like magic !

HackDaBox !