xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: "fenced In" Project  (Read 316 times)

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(audi-hibby @ May 16 2006, 04:11 PM) *

this mod is bodgery at its finest

uuuhhh wats bodgery? i dont get it...but glad you like the project...

oh heres them pics for you all

(IMG:http://www.filelodge.com/files/room19/488484/xbox%20006.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.filelodge.com/files/room19/488484/xbox%20005.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.filelodge.com/files/room19/488484/xbox%20004.jpg)

This post has been edited by mikelspencr: May 17 2006, 06:28 AM

audi-hibby

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

from Wilkpedia

Bodge is British slang for a for a clumsy, inelegant or inadequate solution to a problem. (See also Kludge.)

A bodge job can also mean a job that was completed quickly and carelessly, or without using the correct tools, even if no mistakes were made. A successful bodge is an example of creative engineering.

It is said that the two main tools used by bodgers are Duct Tape (for when something should be stuck, but isn't) and WD-40 (for when something is stuck, but shouldn't be.)

Bodging is a firm favourite among farmers and those willing to get a job done, but not always properly.

"a poor job that just about works"

i am the King of Bodgery here in Scotland   biggrin.gif

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

alrighty, sry for the delay on the project...been busy...

anyways, got a few questions:
1: how do you hook up the bigger fans (80mm) to make it work? i tryed to hook it up to the HDD, but the fan wouldnt start....help????
by the way, followed the tut that was given, but he said to solder to an ORANGE wire? what the hell?
2: Ok, got the new HDD, and used xboxhdm on it, anything else i need to do? or can i just launch it in there now? if this is it, DAMN that was simple...
3:ok not really a question on my subject...why do people charge so much for a simple softmod? i got a friend that wants me to soft mod, and hook up his new 160gigger... he told me that someone else would do it for the cheap price of 70bucks!!! i said id do it for less...so, if anyone wants a softmod, and upgrade, i got the stuff and the time...pm me...

This post has been edited by mikelspencr: May 23 2006, 12:43 AM

En0

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

your new pics are not showing up, was just curious to see how  this thing turned out like..

i havent gotten into the case modding to much (not yet anyhow)besides painting systems, the controllers., and any other accessories that go along. plus i paint my friends stuff to. and i am prepping to put a flip screen on my xbox, or i have seen some pics of people taking the screen and installing it on the top, like looking down on the case and the screen is like built in the area where the jewel is, just cut a square in the case and do that..

like i got custom paint jobs on my:

saturn
nes
genesis
snes
psx
dreamcast
ps2
2 xboxes

but i dont have the saturn or the genny anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

good luck with this mod

This post has been edited by En0: May 23 2006, 05:33 AM

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

alrity, sry for the pics, they were huge. i understand...fixed em... now they are smaller...
almost had my new torx tool, but ups didnt let anyone know they were outside, and figured we werent home...coming back today...and i will be here to get it... need to install that new hdd.

and still waiting for my fans...is that the only thing wrong with my box? cause i plug it in, and it flashes on for a second, turns off, and then frags, or in my case, ARAG (alternates red and green)  anything else might be wrong? help if you know anything about this...

poo87

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

Imo you should make the windows bigger and even. Paint looks good though, does it feel rough to the touch or does it just look that way? I'm doing kinda the same thing on my slim with the screen behind the plexi.

IPB Image

IPB Image

And about not putting in any plexi, dont do that. Your xbox would become soo dusty and it wont make a noticable diff. in your temps. If you dont want to buy plexi just grab some old cd cases and cut them to the shape you need, instant, cheap window tongue.gif . Hell thats what I used when I started cutting windows. Good luck

FreakSho

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

so far looks pretty good....get some better shots of it  biggrin.gif

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

yeah, i had mentioned soemthing about using cd cases at the beginning. i was told not to, cause they would suck...but now, i will defenetly do that...thanks and in regards to the touch, its rough and freakin awesome in person....working on getting better pics... camera aint mine...im gonna put the shielding back under the lid, and if i can find the leds and resistors, i will get some light around the holes...

i like the holes the way they are, dont plan on making them bigger...just for info...gonna spray the shielding where it needs sprayed to match the lid, so that it doesnt look like crap...

question: whats the best site to get leds and resistors? best meaning cheapest. i want 5mm green leds, what resistors, how many for 30 leds? (15 on each hole) where to hook them up at?

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

got a question...and if i can, gonna put this in the newbie forum...if thats not allowed, sry...i just need a really fast answer...
ok, used the upgrade to 80mm fan, and hooked it up to my HD power, no solder, but i had a way of doing it where it got power (and i first used my new HDD)... the thing is, i hook up the cables to the box, without the lid on, turned it on, and got nothing the thing started, shut down, started, shut down, and started and stayed on...just fragging, nothing on the screen, and it did the same thing with the original HDD, so i know that the new one wasnt causeing the issue...

p.s. i tryed to eject the dvd drive, samething...wont do anything...

HELP!!!!

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

im now very happy, and a little pissed...

i got the box finished for now....might add leds laters....i really wanna play the xbox again...

i cant play yet cause i lifted a trace, and now wondering if i can solder a wire to the two holes on either side of the trace, if i can, id do that now...

got the new stock fan in, cant test it yet cause the trace is fraging my box, and the fan wont spin... sprayed the shielding with that stone paint, and it looks quite nice... love.gif

had a new idea...for the hdd activity, put the leds in the controller ports...lighted ports, and activity lights...

not gonna do that for a while, but yeah...any suggestions on that?

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »

yes just solder to two solder points on either sides of the the trace

[-elmo-]

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

Hmmm.  Sounds like someone received an "F" in English.  Nice box.

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

it wasnt an F, after i drew a line to make it look like an A...

but thanks for the compliments

yes just solder to two solder points on either sides of the the trace

huh?

anyways, got a tut, gonna do that tomorrow...and hopefully play again tomorrow...(anyone know how hard it is to not play for a month straight?

theblujuggalo

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

hehehe yea

but ya know, when you got a deal with the manager at Wal Mart you can go play a 360 when she is there

my friends mom is the manager of the WalMart and since i dont have a 360 i go chill at the walmart when its closed and/or when they are restocking

its fun as hell

whats really funy is playing 4 person halo 2 CTF IN THE DARK!!!! it was so much fun, big store, 2 light sources

(managers room light and the 360 kiosk tv)

lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

This post has been edited by theblujuggalo: Jun 15 2006, 10:04 PM

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

blu...mind if i call you blu? i swear, i barely saw you start up, and you already posting like crazy... good shit tho...i forgot all about this wip tho...thanks for bringing it back from the dead...anyways. update to make up for these few weeks...xbox runs, fixed the fricking trace, and i swear I AM NEVER TOUCHING THE MB AGIAN!!!!! anyways....yeah...im happy.

BTW i found this awesome thing on another xbox modding site (IM A BAD PERSON FOR LOOKIN AT OTHER SITES!!!IM SORRY,I LOVE YOU XBOX-SCENE!!!!)anyways...

it was an xbox portable...it was so awesome...

This post has been edited by mikelspencr: Jun 15 2006, 10:24 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4