xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem With Hdd Replacement  (Read 24 times)

daanking

• Archived User
Problem With Hdd Replacement
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

I'm in a rather tight spot at the moment, and it is because of this:

I have a pretty big HDD in my xbox right now, and since i never use my xbox anymore other than for XBMC, i would like to put that HDD in my home computer, and a smaller one with only XBMC on it in my xbox. Easy enough you would say, just use Evo-x or slayer's auto-installer, however... my xbox dvd-drive has been broken for a long time (hence the big HDD in my xbox), it just won't read anything, not even retail xbox games or movie dvd's. So i don't really know what to do now and wanted to ask you guys for advice on the best course of action...

Can i maybe run evo-x from my large HDD and then hotswap the smaller one in there? Seems a bit dangerous to me at the least, and i don't remember IDE being hotswap capable... Or are there any PC programs that can do the formatting for me? I've read something about that, and i tried to run hdprepar on the small drive, and after that i tried HDD_driver to copy over my large drive's C: and E: to the small one, but HDD_driver wouldn't even start because of some stupid dll file which i cannot find anywhere... All the info and programs are really outdated, which doesn't help the search at all! Anyway, i hope someone knows how to help me, since it would me nice to get some free extra gigabytes on my home computer.

Thanks in advance!

PS. My xbox has a mod-chip in it by the way, it's not softmodded. Don't know if that's going to be relevant...