xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches  (Read 2193 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

All the IGR settings are represented in the GUI settings and in the evox.ini file.  Both locations have multiple IGR switches that you can enable or disable.  You can do either one.

conneen

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up.  I remember when I first backed up Kung-Fu Chaos to my Xbox.  I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.  Then I read about Evox IGR screwing things up.  So I went into the settings menu and disabled it, but it was actually still working, even after a reboot.  So I ftp'd in and checked, and lo and behold.  Three distinct IGR settings in the evox.ini.

Once I switched them all to no, everything worked fine.

I've also run into instances where a non-standard evox.ini file can't be updated through the settings screen.

Conneen

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

It's possible that you missed a couple of IGR settings when in the settings menu.  That's the only thing I can think of.

Copyhaunters

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2003, 03:10:00 PM »

Grab The XBE Patcher here

It search for the following hex:
00 74 4B E8 CA FD FF FF 85 C0 7D 06 33 C0 50 50 EB 44 F6 05
And it replace it with:
00 74 4B E8 CA FD FF FF 85 C0 EB 06 33 C0 50 50 EB 44 F6 05

I have it tested only with Hight Heat Baseball 2004

MOD EDIT: Mirror for this great tool here -> http://64.219.97.14/HSDEMONZ/files/COPYHUN...XBE_Patcher.zip

This post has been edited by HSDEMONZ: Mar 15 2003, 04:08 AM

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2003, 03:37:00 PM »

ok but arent there other things like different letters than just EB that need to be patched if not then sweet we hacked xbox again

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2003, 03:50:00 PM »

Dude, I didn't do all that research and write up all that documentation because I was bored.  Have a read before posting.

The media descriptor is one byte.  That's all that needs to be done.  It's not some crazy new impossible-to-crack copy protection.  It's the same type of copy protection that was already in place and that the mod-chips have been circumventing, but in a different place that the current mods' BIOSes (sp?) don't know about.

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

ok i have one more question I run the program it patches it then it burns.....right?   ok if i have a game that does not need patched just say halo and i run this patch editor not knowing will it mess up this game from playing?

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »

Nope.  If it doesn't find the second-generation media descriptor, it won't make any changes to the file.  That's the patcher I had put together, anyway; I can't speak for Copyhaunter's as I had no part in his patcher.

This post has been edited by Xeero: Mar 15 2003, 01:33 PM

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2003, 04:53:00 PM »

thanks a million dude....i cant seem to get this thing to work it says there are not enough memory (as i did not try with a game that needed patching) u dont need to post any help as of u have helped me enough and i thank u for all ur work

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

What are you trying to get to work?  Neither applications require much memory at all.  Anyway, you can always do it manually.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2003, 05:14:00 PM »

Also, I just tested Rayman.  Original didn't work.  Used my patch on it, and it worked fine.  

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2003, 05:26:00 PM »

well i was just using ur program selected my default.xbe and it said.....out of far memory i dont no y it wont work but how about the other program that the other person made will it work if not then i dont no (i am not using one of the games that need patching just testing it) so that could be the problem.......i used my hex editor and there are like 100 lines of hex how many lines do i have to change 1,2 how many if i do this manually?

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (CYCLOPSE @ Mar 14 2003, 09:19 PM)
well i was just using ur program selected my default.xbe and it said.....out of far memory i dont no y it wont work

You weren't using mine if it let you select the default.xbe

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (zooboo @ Mar 14 2003, 09:23 PM)
Great find Xeero.  By the way, last night I burned MVP Baseball and noticed that it got to the loading screen and locked up.  I checked the default.xbe file and found a similar hex sequence but not exactly like the one you listed.  It was:

C7 75 0F E8 A1 FE FF FF 85 C0 7D 06 33 C0 50 50 EB 44 F6 05

(Notice how the hex bytes in front of the FF FF  are different.)

Anyways, I changed the 7D into EB as suggested and the game worked perfectly.

That's odd that the other games would have those same 20 bytes in common, yet this one only has 14.  I'm going to look into it more.

EDIT:  This difference was because MVP does need to be patched.  Only the games with the 20-byte string need to be patched.

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2003, 05:52:00 PM »

what file do u select then?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33