xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches  (Read 2206 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2003, 04:45:00 AM »

1)  That's the entire point of the patch.  The media descriptor's position changed, and current mod chips don't work around this.
2)  Thank you.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to check...
3)  Tell that to zooboo.  His MVP wouldn't load - he hexedited the file and it worked fine.

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

ok i read this thing like 10 times and i understand that u have to find and change.......is this only on 1 hex string or on many hex strings.......because there are like 100 hex strings and i was wonder how many i have to change...i will do this mannuly until i good good program comes out to fix this problem

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

You say you're reading, but I'm finding it hard to believe you are.  There was one hex string you had to search for and change (though at one point I thought it would be more effective to search for a different string containing the same byte you had to change).  There are already 2 programs that patch the program for you.  Once again, read before you post.  Before.  That's an important word.  Re-read that.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2003, 05:17:00 AM »

Just checked MVP myself and indevisve was right, it does run fine unpatched.  The 22-byte string shows up in files that don't need patching, while the 20-byte string only shows up in files that do.  Best to leave the patches as they were/are - checking for the 20-byte string.  All my previous posts recommending the 22-byte string have been edited to avoid confusion.  The first 20-byte string was correct.

Goggens

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2003, 05:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 14 2003, 10:31 PM)
All the IGR settings are represented in the GUI settings and in the evox.ini file.  Both locations have multiple IGR switches that you can enable or disable.  You can do either one.

Yes my fault, i only disabled one of the IGR in the settings menu.
When i disabled all 3. Rayman 3 run from HDD after patching.

Yes it works!!!!!

Just checked a little, and the only IGR that i have to have disabled is the one under "MISC"
the 2 others are enabled and Rayman 3 is working just fine.

Sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for all the help.

It's good to know.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »

This is based on the reports of XEERO.. follow the PATCH thread in GENERAL the the article says...  I POSTED the ARTICLE.. cause it was NEWS worthy.

Moved and MERGED!

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

Sorry if I'm n00bing it up here.  To where was this thread moved, and with what was it merged??

PlexMaster

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »

Hi to all, i'm a newbie  tongue.gif
I got Mercedes World racing, tried to edit the hex value but it doesn't work...how do u make this game working? Thanks to all  wink.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »

This game does not need to be patched.  Check the other threads for suggestions regarding media and burning.

PlexMaster

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 15 2003, 08:54 PM)
This game does not need to be patched.  Check the other threads for suggestions regarding media and burning.

I've got a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MOD EDIT: XBOX-SCENE does not support or condone the use of pirate backups - HSDEMONZ

I've extracted the iso (sfv ok) and then extracted the files with xiso 1.15, transferred the files in the xbox hdd (like the other games i have) but doesn't work... Can u tell me the other threads u r talkin about? Thanks a lot  wink.gif

PlexMaster

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »

OK It works  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif
You've got to disable IGR for that game. Thanks guys  wink.gif

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

Well folks, while it appears that the patches have fixed World Series Baseball 2K3, it seems that you must disable IGR for it as well.  

This is untested (because my Xbox is tied up right now with a game that has no in-level saves), but here is my experience:
Before I patched World Series Baseball 2K3, as soon as the game started it rebooted.  After I patched it, I get the first screen (generic mlb screen), which it freezes at and has some annoying sound in a continuous loop.  I also downloaded a zip file with the patched xbe's, just in case I hadn't done it right or missed some files, but got the same results.

I'm using an Xecutor 1, with EvolutionX 1.82XXX and IGR enabled in it.

I'll try disabling IGR later and see how that works.

But, does that sound like an IGR problem to you guys or just some corrupt file?

Rileq

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »

Well, here's my thing. WSB2k3 used to got back to the EVoX menu immediately after booting. Changed the byte, and it'll load the intro screens. After that's over, or you try and start the game, it goes back to the EvoX dash. Did I fudge it up somewhere? Or is this a common problem?

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »

Try disabling the IGR in EvolutionX and report back your results,

Rileq

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »

Well...I've never used IGR in EvoX (I use the Xecuter Bios...much better IGR), and I know for a fact it's completely disabled. More media checks, perhaps?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33