xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Craxtion Beta  (Read 551 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« on: January 20, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »

LEPPPER  from XBOX-SCENE.. has been working on a great new front end for everyone's favourite GDFIMAGE.EXE util.. call CRAXTION. Still in early BETA, found CRAXTION Beta, this tool at this stage will take a number of XBOX BACKUP extracted DIRECTORIES.. and make GDF'd ISO's from them.. all in batch mode!

Got 20 gigs of backups sitting on the XBOX.. then simply FTP to the PC.. and let CRAXTION make some GDF'd ISO's for you.  

This util is for the hard core XBOX BACKUP user.  Simple to use... a Godsend!

Give it a try...

<cross-posted to PINNED GUIDE>

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

Beta 2 is currently out.

Beta 3 will be out either late tonight (if I forget sleep) and it will include the following:
-Batch iso Extraction
-Export iso creation to .bat (batch file)
-Export iso extraxtion to .bat (batch file)
-Some more

Look for the updates people.  

Enjoy

LepPpeR

Xeero

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »

Just a suggestion - when you implement the extraction function into the program, you should use gdf2file.exe.  I've heard good things about XDFS Extractor (never used it myself), but if you're already borrowing tools from the XDK you may as well go with the real deal rather than a mimic.

Xeero

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 10:14:00 PM »

Ah, I just hit the link and it looks like I got Beta 3 and it has XDFS Extractor in it.  Forget I said anything!   jester.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »

Indeed, It uses GDFImage and XDFSextract.

And if you click the link again, you will now note that beta 4 is out.

Multi-game Creation made simple.

LepPpeR

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

Do NOT ask for MS SDK Software.. or parts of the SDK here!  (GDFIMAGE)

However.. if you do a search.. you will find the answers.  In fact.. in some members SIG.. lies a pointer!

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2003, 11:55:00 PM »

Finished a monster beta test on Ver3 of Craxtion.  Extraction (using XDFSExtractor) was great.  NO apparent bug or anomolies reported.  Sources isos created by a number of sources... online, XISO, GDF, and numerous other image/burning programs.

65 GIGs.. flawless run.

Beta4 testing tomorrow.  Fedge.. Leppper.. keep up the good work.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

Thank you kind sir.   I am happy to hear that you had no problems with the monster creations.  Keep up the good testing and keep me informed.

LepPpeR

-Beta 4 is even beter

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »

I'd like to see an option.. in the extration mode.

For each ISO I choose to extract.. I currently have to point it to a DIR to dump to.  I would like an OPTION to Create a NEW directory.

An extension of this idea.. would be to AUTO CREATE a directory, with the name taken from the DEFAULT.XBE file in the ROOT.  (Course.. to do this.. the DIR would be renamed AFTER the fact to the name provided inside DEFAULT.XBE)

A similar option could be added to ISO Build MODE... to create dump directories based on the name provided by DEFAULT.XBE.

Grabbing the name from DEFAULT.XBE isn't perfect... but it might save us some hassle 19/20 times...

Lates

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (tman @ Jan 23 2003, 06:52 AM)
If you tested beta4 with the multi wizard iso (new option in beta4)
For getting more then 1 game in an iso to burn on DVDR

Could you give some feedback ?
Thx in advance

I haven't messed with it, but what are you using as a menu program for multis?

anitabill

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »

I do have a request.
Is there anyway that you can get the program to work with DVD-R’s that already have multigames backed up on them. For example, I have a few DVD-R’s that I burnt using Primo UDF format that I would like to re-burn with your software to speed up load time.
But for some reason when I point your program to the DVD-R it puts it in qui but it immediately tell me that the iso was created, but it doesn’t create the ISO. With your program I have to make an iso for each game dir I have on the DVD-R. Then run thru the multigame wizard. At this point the program extracts the all of the Iso’s that It just created and creates yet another iso with the entire contents. This process took me like 3 hours and ate up twice a much hard drive space.

Please don’t think I’m bashing the program. I have to say I’m real impressed. I’m just trying to give some feedback and constructive criticism.

Thanks for the program
Bill

tman

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 06:52:00 AM »

So this means it automatically makes from different isos a DVDR with a menuselector when you insert the disc.

The negative point so far is likely the audio .
But maybe that could be because of type of dvdr also ? low budget dvdr discs

jledhead

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 06:44:00 AM »

when I run this on one computer it says comdlg32.ocx is missing.

I don't have any dev packages on that computer, so what type of library files should I look for??? so I can run it.

pntless

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2003, 07:00:00 AM »

Lepper

It looks to me like your using MenuX (from the files in the rar), would I be correct in assuming that ambient.wav can be changed just as it is able to be in the cplx menux?

BTW, looks great, keep up the great work

Thanks

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion Beta
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »

An extension of this idea.. would be to AUTO CREATE a directory, with the name taken from the DEFAULT.XBE file in the ROOT. (Course.. to do this.. the DIR would be renamed AFTER the fact to the name provided inside DEFAULT.XBE)

-I am currently looking into this for it would be great but as you have stated, it is not always perfect getting the name of the game from the default.xbe.  This will most likely be an option in a near feature release.

(BenJeremy)
I haven't messed with it, but what are you using as a menu program for multis?

-I am currently using MenuX for it is stable,  I have not played with your MXM yet but when I do I will get back to you, if I choose to use it, The user will be able to choose which one he wants to use.  Either MenuX or MXM.  Thanks for the info too

(anitabill)
I tested the Multigame option Last night. A weird thing happened when I reached the end of the wizard, it finished creating the final iso and a message popped up telling me that the iso was finished. I closed the program and the iso was not there....One of the games I backed up was Rocky, for some reason the audio was real jumpy sometimes stopped all together.

-Okay, hmm, I know that currently, in beta 4, it does not search the total drive space available on the destination drive which is just a stupid mistake (lack of sleep) I made.  It is a simple fix and should work in the next beta which is do out soon.  As for the (no creation) i am not sure why this would do it and then work the second time.  If you have some information on that or it happens again please let me know.
-As for the sound in Audio, that should not have anything to do with my application for I do not modify an of the files in any of the game directories.  If the game you have is down sampled then this could just be a problem with the game itself.  Thanks for the compliement on the speed and perfect menu creation.

(anitabill)
With your program I have to make an iso for each game dir I have on the DVD-R. Then run thru the multigame wizard. At this point the program extracts the all of the Iso’s that It just created and creates yet another iso with the entire contents. This process took me like 3 hours and ate up twice a much hard drive space.

-This option to use currently un-iso game directories is going to be implemented in a up-comming release.  The process is time consuming and I am sorry about the Hard drive space  wink.gif
-Thank you for the construtive criticism, I do not take offense to what anyone says.  You may have your opinion, and I thank you for your response.  Any bit helps in creating a program, this is a beta, it is going to have bugs, If no one tells me about them I cannot possibly fix them.  Thanks again
-As for the current dvd-r you have burned in UDF, i would suggest, for the time being, move them onto your computer and either use beta 4 or if you have the space wait until the next beta comes out.

(jledhead)
when I run this on one computer it says comdlg32.ocx is missing

-I could supply these via my website for they are legal for anyone to use, I do not supply them via my program for the whole setup is quite large.  If you want, you can always use google and search for the .dll's or .ocx's you are missing.  But, I will be updating my webpage at some point today and will include the resources required for the application.

It looks to me like your using MenuX (from the files in the rar), would I be correct in assuming that ambient.wav can be changed just as it is able to be in the cplx menux?

-When using the Multi-game wizard, you are able to select a .wma to be used for the background audio.  If one is not choosen, I am supplied a silent one in order to keep the application size down.
-Thanks for the compliment.

Okie, I think I got them all for now.  Keep them comming, the more input I get, the better the application gets.  Thanks for all of your help.

LepPpeR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6