xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Ux Architect  (Read 2591 times)

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(bartje twi @ Apr 14 2005, 10:06 AM)
It's not possible to use layers for the Text Items in Visuals, right? I would like to use a bigger preview movie window, but would like to use that space for info about my disk / network / software versions when the video feature isn't being used. The video being the top layer, the text being the layer just under it.

It is possible. Just don't make a border for your video preview or anything like that. If you put the text on first and then insert the video preview it should work how you want it to. So it will show text and then the video will pop-up when you highlight a game. If it doesn't work try rearranging the order of the text items and video preview. I am not sure which needs to come first and I don't know if UXA will set it up correctly (or at least it is kinda of tricky if I remember correctly). Well I hope this helps.  :beer:

gibsonlpsd

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »

Hey Hecto I sent you a pm about a problem I am having but I will go ahead and post it in here as well.

I am just going to copy and paste my post that I made in another topic.

When my game previews play for games such as Doom3 and DOA: Ultimate, they have really choppy audio. The wierd thing is that it only does this on some skins. Here is what happens. On my "Doom 3 unleashed" skin my DOOM 3 and DOA Ultimate game preview audio is really choppy, but my Prince of Persia Warrior Within game preview audio works just fine. Now when I go to one of my older skins all my game preview audio plays perfect. After messing around with this problem for about 2 hours I think I found what might be wrong

It seems that the sound is only choppy when it is used on newer skins. When I made a skin using UXArchitect my game preview was choppy but then when I made the skin using an older skinning app such as sketchy skinner the sound would not be choppy. I also read the readme files for the skins that didn't have choppy sound and they were all older skins where as the ones that did have choppy sound where newer skins. To further test this theory I opened an older skin the didn't have trouble playing the game preview audio in UXArchitect. I exported the skin nad copied over the one on my xbox. When I booted the skin up I got the choppy audio again.

After going thorugh all this I am gussing it is a problem with the program. Now if this has been addressed early in this topic then sorry to bring it up again. But does anybody know any way to fix this or get around it?

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(gibsonlpsd @ Apr 28 2005, 09:42 PM)
Hey Hecto I sent you a pm about a problem I am having but I will go ahead and post it in here as well.

I am just going to copy and paste my post that I made in another topic.
When my game previews play for games such as Doom3 and DOA: Ultimate, they have really choppy audio. The wierd thing is that it only does this on some skins. Here is what happens. On my "Doom 3 unleashed" skin my DOOM 3 and DOA Ultimate game preview audio is really choppy, but my Prince of Persia Warrior Within game preview audio works just fine. Now when I go to one of my older skins all my game preview audio plays perfect. After messing around with this problem for about 2 hours I think I found what might be wrong

It seems that the sound is only choppy when it is used on newer skins. When I made a skin using UXArchitect my game preview was choppy but then when I made the skin using an older skinning app such as sketchy skinner the sound would not be choppy. I also read the readme files for the skins that didn't have choppy sound and they were all older skins where as the ones that did have choppy sound where newer skins. To further test this theory I opened an older skin the didn't have trouble playing the game preview audio in UXArchitect. I exported the skin nad copied over the one on my xbox. When I booted the skin up I got the choppy audio again.

After going thorugh all this I am gussing it is a problem with the program. Now if this has been addressed early in this topic then sorry to bring it up again. But does anybody know any way to fix this or get around it?

Hmm you must not have read the last page or 2 because Hecto said he was leaving for good. He offered me the source code and I emailed him back but am still awaiting the source code. Anywho Hecto probably won't ever see your PM. Can anyone else confirm this bug though? And did you try comparing the 2 skin.xml files? Check the part that deals with the preview audio and see how they compare. Something must have to be wrong in the skin code to make the audio play choppy like that.  ;)

gibsonlpsd

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2005, 01:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Apr 29 2005, 10:13 PM)
Hmm you must not have read the last page or 2 because Hecto said he was leaving for good. He offered me the source code and I emailed him back but am still awaiting the source code. Anywho Hecto probably won't ever see your PM. Can anyone else confirm this bug though? And did you try comparing the 2 skin.xml files? Check the part that deals with the preview audio and see how they compare. Something must have to be wrong in the skin code to make the audio play choppy like that.  ;)

Yeah sorry, I didn't see that. But I pulled up the two different skin.xml files from 2 different skins, one that works and one that doesn't. The lines that deal with preview audio look similar except for what appears to be the position but I am guessing that is the position of the actual game preview screen. I will post the two skin.xml files and see if you can spot anything different that would effect the audio. Like I said, the skin that does worked was orginally skinned with a different program but when I went back and re-skinned with UXArchitect I got the choppy audio. Anyway, here are the skin.xml files.

Here is the file that works:

<Skin name="Steel">
         <Information>
                  <Author>JhunKOF2k ([email protected])</Author>
                  <Copyright>2004</Copyright>
                  <Version>1.2938726495 (really!) created with ReleashED</Version>
         </Information>
         <IntroMovie>intro.wmv</IntroMovie>
         <FileManager>
                  <BackGround>filemanager.png</BackGround>
         </FileManager>
         <LoadingScreen ShowInfo="False">
                  <BackGround>load.wmv</BackGround>
         </LoadingScreen>
         <Main Globe="False" Orb="False" Fog="False">
                  <BackGround EnableAudio="False">background.png</BackGround>
                  <Cellwall></Cellwall>
                  <Orb></Orb>
                  <Icon></Icon>
                  <Menu Smooth="False" Align="Left" ShowIcon="False" Rotate="False" ShowArrows="False">
                           <Position Top="340" Left="16" Width="358" Height="100" Fixed="True" FixAt="3" MaxItem="5"></Position>
                  <Font>XBox_Book_11.xpr</Font>
                           <Preview EnableAudio="True" Top="48" Left="64" Width="363" Height="272" />
                  </Menu>
                  <InfoFont>XBox_Book_11.xpr</InfoFont>
                  <Text Top="190" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="$NickName$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="224" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="IP: $IP$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="257" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="Time"></Text>
                  <Text Top="291" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="C: $C_FreeMB$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="324" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="D: $DVDTitle$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="358" Left="376" Align="Middle" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="CPUTempC"></Text>
                  <Text Top="358" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="E: $E_FreeMB$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="392" Left="376" Align="Middle" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="MBTempC"></Text>
                  <Text Top="392" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="F: $F_FreeMB$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="425" Left="376" Align="Middle" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="Play: $SongTime$"></Text>
                  <Text Top="425" Left="462" Align="Left" Color="0xFFFFFFFF" Source="Song: $SongName$"></Text>
                  <Image Source="GamePreview" />
                  <Image Top="48" Left="474" Width="112" Height="112" Opacity="0" Source="GameIcon"></Image>
                  </Main>
         <ColorScheme >
                  <AMBIENT_FOGCOLOR></AMBIENT_FOGCOLOR>
                  <AMBIENT_SKYCOLOR></AMBIENT_SKYCOLOR>
                  <AMBIENT_CELLCOLOR></AMBIENT_CELLCOLOR>
                  <CAPTION_TEXTCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</CAPTION_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <CAPTION_BACKCOLOR>0xFF000000</CAPTION_BACKCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_BORDERCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</DIALOG_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_BACKCOLOR>0xFF535353</DIALOG_BACKCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_INNER_BORDERCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</DIALOG_INNER_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_INNER_BACKCOLOR>0xFF000000</DIALOG_INNER_BACKCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_TEXTCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</DIALOG_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_DISABLEDTEXT>0xFF646464</DIALOG_DISABLEDTEXT>
                  <OPTION_TEXTCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</OPTION_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <OPTION_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</OPTION_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>
                  <OPTION_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>0xFF000000</OPTION_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_BORDERCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</BUTTON_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_TEXTCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</BUTTON_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_BACKCOLOR>0xFF000000</BUTTON_BACKCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>0xFF000000</BUTTON_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</BUTTON_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>
                  <KB_KEYBG_HIGHLIGHT>0xFF000000</KB_KEYBG_HIGHLIGHT>
                  <KB_KEYBG_DISABLED>0xFF5C5C5C</KB_KEYBG_DISABLED>
                  <KB_KEY_PRESSED>0xFFC0C0C0</KB_KEY_PRESSED>
                  <KB_KEY_NORMAL>0xff000000</KB_KEY_NORMAL>
                  <KB_KEY_DISABLED>0xFF5C5C5C</KB_KEY_DISABLED>
                  <KB_KEY_ACTIVEBORDER>0xFF00FF00</KB_KEY_ACTIVEBORDER>
                  <KB_KEY_TEXTCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</KB_KEY_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <KB_KEY_TEXTBACKCOLOR>0xFF000000</KB_KEY_TEXTBACKCOLOR>
                  <KB_KEY_TEXTBORDERCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</KB_KEY_TEXTBORDERCOLOR>
                  <MENU_TEXTCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</MENU_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <MENU_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>0xFF00FF00</MENU_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>
                  <MENU_BORDERCOLOR></MENU_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <MENU_BACKCOLOR></MENU_BACKCOLOR>
                  <MENU_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR></MENU_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>
                  <MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR></MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR>
         </ColorScheme>
</Skin>

And here is the skin that gives choppy audio:

<Skin name="Unleash Yourself Doom Ed.">
         <Information>
                  <Author>faster90</Author>
                  <Copyright>2005</Copyright>
                  <Version>1.2</Version>
         </Information>
         <IntroMovie>bg.png</IntroMovie>
         <FileManager>
                  <BackGround></BackGround>
         </FileManager>
         <LoadingScreen ShowInfo="False">
                  <BackGround>load.png</BackGround>
         </LoadingScreen>
         <Main Globe="False" Orb="False" Fog="False">
                  <BackGround EnableAudio="True">bg.wmv</BackGround>
                  <Cellwall></Cellwall>
                  <Orb></Orb>
                  <Icon></Icon>

<Menu Smooth="TRUE" Align="MIDDLE" Rotate="False" ShowIcon="false">
<Position Top="47" Left="21" Width="275" Height="268" Fixed="False" FixAt="1" MaxItem="8">
</Position>

<Font>font.xpr</Font>
                           <Preview EnableAudio="True" Top="16" Left="306" Width="320" Height="240" />
                  </Menu>
                  <InfoFont>font2.xpr</InfoFont>
                  <Text Top="341" Left="195" Align="Left" Color="0xffE6FFFC" Source="AppVersion"></Text>
                  <Text Top="357" Left="195" Align="Left" Color="0xffE6FFFC" Source="DateTime"></Text>
                  <Text Top="375" Left="195" Align="Left" Color="0xffE6FFFC" Source="ChipID"></Text>

<Text Top="436" Left="405" Align="Middle" Color="0xff1A0B0E" Source="Newsfeed"></Text>
                  <Text Top="423" Left="403" Align="Middle" Color="0xff1A0B0E" Source="SongName"></Text>

<Text Top="408" Left="403" Align="Middle" Color="0xff1A0B0E" Source="SongTime"></Text>
                  <Text Top="408" Left="195" Align="Left" Color="0xff1A0B0E" Source="IP"></Text>
                  <Text Top="408" Left="600" Align="Right" Color="0xff1A0B0E" Source="DvdTitle"></Text>

<Text Top="341" Left="418" Align="Left" Color="0xffE6FFFC" Source="C_Free"></Text>
                  <Text Top="357" Left="418" Align="Left" Color="0xffE6FFFC" Source="E_Free"></Text>
                  <Text Top="375" Left="418" Align="Left" Color="0xffE6FFFC" Source="F_Free"></Text>

<Image Top="320" Left="37" Width="115" Height="140" Opacity="100" Source="GameIcon"></Image>
                  <Image Source="GamePreview" />
                  <Image Top="0" Left="0" Width="640" Height="480" Opacity="100">bord.png</Image>
                  </Main>
         <ColorScheme >
                  <AMBIENT_FOGCOLOR></AMBIENT_FOGCOLOR>
                  <AMBIENT_SKYCOLOR></AMBIENT_SKYCOLOR>
                  <AMBIENT_CELLCOLOR></AMBIENT_CELLCOLOR>
                  <CAPTION_TEXTCOLOR>0xFF000000</CAPTION_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <CAPTION_BACKCOLOR>0xFFE0E0DF</CAPTION_BACKCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_BORDERCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</DIALOG_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_BACKCOLOR>0xCDE0E0DF</DIALOG_BACKCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_INNER_BORDERCOLOR>0xFF7F7F7F</DIALOG_INNER_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_INNER_BACKCOLOR>0xE1ACD5F1</DIALOG_INNER_BACKCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_TEXTCOLOR>0xFF000000</DIALOG_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <DIALOG_DISABLEDTEXT>0x7FD1CDC6</DIALOG_DISABLEDTEXT>
                  <OPTION_TEXTCOLOR>0xFF000000</OPTION_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <OPTION_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>0xFF5F594F</OPTION_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>
                  <OPTION_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>0xFF58A7DD</OPTION_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_BORDERCOLOR>0xFF000000</BUTTON_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_TEXTCOLOR>0xFF000000</BUTTON_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_BACKCOLOR>0xCDACD5F1</BUTTON_BACKCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>0xFFFFFFFF</BUTTON_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>
                  <BUTTON_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>0xE157AAE3</BUTTON_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>
                  <KB_KEYBG_HIGHLIGHT>0xCCACD5F1</KB_KEYBG_HIGHLIGHT>
                  <KB_KEYBG_DISABLED>0xff868484</KB_KEYBG_DISABLED>
                  <KB_KEY_PRESSED>0xff808080</KB_KEY_PRESSED>
                  <KB_KEY_NORMAL>0xff000000</KB_KEY_NORMAL>
                  <KB_KEY_DISABLED>0xff808080</KB_KEY_DISABLED>
                  <KB_KEY_ACTIVEBORDER>0xffACD5F1</KB_KEY_ACTIVEBORDER>
                  <KB_KEY_TEXTCOLOR>0x98000000</KB_KEY_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <KB_KEY_TEXTBACKCOLOR>0x34000000</KB_KEY_TEXTBACKCOLOR>
                  <KB_KEY_TEXTBORDERCOLOR>0xffffffff</KB_KEY_TEXTBORDERCOLOR>
                  <MENU_TEXTCOLOR>0x99B3C7BE</MENU_TEXTCOLOR>
                  <MENU_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>0x9993613F</MENU_ACTIVETEXTCOLOR>
                  <MENU_BORDERCOLOR></MENU_BORDERCOLOR>
                  <MENU_BACKCOLOR>0x34000000</MENU_BACKCOLOR>
                  <MENU_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR></MENU_ACTIVEBACKCOLOR>
                  <MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR></MENU_ACTIVEBORDERCOLOR>
         </ColorScheme>
</Skin>

So I am not exactly sure what to look for but like I said, what I saw didn't seem to be too different except for position. So any ideas? Thanks for the help.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

The only real difference I could see are these lines.

CODE
background.png

CODE
bg.wmv

In the bottom one (the one with choppy audio - the one made with UXA) it appears to use background audio from a video file. The top one is set to false so it doesn't have any audio for the background. I can see why the UXA skin plays the game preview audio is choppy if the background file is already playing audio and then it has to stop playing that and transition to the game preview audio. Try setting the bakground audio in the UXA skin.xml to false and see what happens.  pop.gif

EDIT: I also just noticed that in the first skin.xml you have set the background as a wmv file while the 2nd one is just a picture file. But I kind of doubt that has anything to do with the problem.  wink.gif

gibsonlpsd

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Apr 30 2005, 04:07 PM)
The only real difference I could see are these lines.

CODE
background.png

CODE
bg.wmv

In the bottom one (the one with choppy audio - the one made with UXA) it appears to use background audio from a video file. The top one is set to false so it doesn't have any audio for the background. I can see why the UXA skin plays the game preview audio is choppy if the background file is already playing audio and then it has to stop playing that and transition to the game preview audio. Try setting the bakground audio in the UXA skin.xml to false and see what happens.  :popcorn:

EDIT: I also just noticed that in the first skin.xml you have set the background as a wmv file while the 2nd one is just a picture file. But I kind of doubt that has anything to do with the problem.  ;)

Turns out you were right. The skin had choppy audio because it had a video for the background. When I went into the skin folder and deleted that video and then booted up the skin, the audio worked fine. Thanks a lot for the help. Saved me a big headache  :beer:

Derrr

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

No matter what I do the skin directory never seems to accept. Any Ideas?

ImNobodySpecial

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

LIKE OH MY GOD, This skinner is still being used? I got a warm fuzzy feeling all over. LOL. Who am I? Im nobody special, just some guy who decided to stop by and say hi. biggrin.gif

Seriously, this is like going back to my 10 year highschool reunion. So many familiar names. love.gif

Enjoy the gift Jonathan2007! pop.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(ImNobodySpecial @ Jun 28 2006, 05:46 AM) View Post

LIKE OH MY GOD, This skinner is still being used? I got a warm fuzzy feeling all over. LOL.Who am I? Im nobody special, just some guy who decided to stop by and say hi. biggrin.gif

Seriously, this is like going back to my 10 year highschool reunion. So many familiar names. love.gif

Enjoy the gift Jonathan2007! pop.gif

You are also known as Blizo and Blizo360 trying to spam sell your skinner for the the 360. All accounts are on the way to a ban

Ursac

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

ok love the program however I have a question. When using a video in wmv format is there a certian frame rate size or something that needs to be done? I keep getting video added but no preview will show. Any advice?

thanks
Ursac

MeTalCoRE_NINJA

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »

http://www.users.muohio.edu/frankcl1/uxa/ i think it was changed....

This post has been edited by MeTalCoRE_NINJA: Aug 24 2006, 08:31 PM

faze3

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ursac @ Jul 17 2006, 04:30 PM) *

ok love the program however I have a question. When using a video in wmv format is there a certian frame rate size or something that needs to be done? I keep getting video added but no preview will show. Any advice?

thanks
Ursac

I'm chiming in very late, but I didn't see a response to your question so I'll answer it.

The video's gotta be 640x480. At least, that's how I got mine to display. I'm also using a wmv file and not an avi.

I used Virtual Dub to cut out the parts I didn't want and used WMV6cdcs to re-code it. I've got the wmv9 codec installed, and converting it using that won't save it as wmv8. You *must* use wmv8. The codecs on MS' site won't do it for you.

Unfortunately, I'm at work right now and can't give you a step-by-step on how to do this. I'll try to remember how I did it and re-post when I've got it straight.

I may start a new thread rather than replying here.

This post has been edited by faze3: Aug 25 2006, 02:15 PM

faze3

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

Is anyone still reading this thread?

If so..

I'm getting errors when importing an xml that I'd created in UXA. The dialog box says v1.0b, but the xml that's built says v1.0c...

Anyway, I can create this error when selecting a font as MenuFont, then switchng to InfoFont and selecting the same font.

The crux of the error info reads :

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The file 'D:\Program Files\UXArchitect\temp\Spawned_12.xpr' already exists.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at UXArchitect.frmMain.btnMF_ButtonClick(Object sender, ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.OnButtonClick(ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

p14gue

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

i need help with the xml file and all that cause i keep getting what Faze is getting

This post has been edited by p14gue: Sep 28 2007, 12:51 AM
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]