xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whats So Good?  (Read 289 times)

karishbhr

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« on: November 29, 2003, 07:15:00 AM »

What makes this thing better then evox or MXM?

amstrad

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »

how long have you got?

• Easy as hell to make great, radically different skins
  • Very fast
  • Excellent ftping
  • background musicx!
  • password protection (really good feature is that one)
  • nice and easy to modify xml file
  • in built filemanager (although I don't use that, prefer Boxplorer)
  • SCREENSAVER!!!!
  • Thumbnails of games

Soo much more but my mind's gone blank...GET IT, GET IT, GET IT!

jlm5151

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (amstrad @ Nov 29 2003, 12:37 PM)
how long have you got?

• Easy as hell to make great, radically different skins
  • Very fast
  • Excellent ftping
  • background musicx!
  • password protection (really good feature is that one)
  • nice and easy to modify xml file
  • in built filemanager (although I don't use that, prefer Boxplorer)
  • SCREENSAVER!!!!
  • Thumbnails of games

Soo much more but my mind's gone blank...GET IT, GET IT, GET IT!

No offense I love this UnleashX release, it has tons of potential, but MXM has almost all you named and more.

• Easy as hell to make great, radically different skins - MXM has by far the best skinning GUI of any dash. Video, Conditionals, it's all there and soon to support 3d skinning
  • Very fast - Not much difference between all dashes
  • Excellent ftping - I still get the fastest speeds with MXM over any other dash /9 to the box and 12-13 from the box
  • background musicx! - MXM has had this and it can be randomly played and changed with a button.
  • password protection (really good feature is that one) - MXM also has this
  • nice and easy to modify xml file - MXM also has this
  • in built filemanager (although I don't use that, prefer Boxplorer) - Look for this in the next MXM release.
  • SCREENSAVER!!!! - MXM has them and can be fully skinned to your satisfaction
  • Thumbnails of games - MXM has this and supports preview videos of the game.

I really like where UnleashX is going and see a world of potential for it, but I just hate to see alot of features from a great dashboard being overlooked.

amstrad

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

okay, so all those features are in MXM, but Unleash does them with style...

I can't really explain why I love it so, its just great, all the little touches, I really think its great...
I never used MXM, I never thought about changing dashboard until I saw the list of features...then I just had to...and Im happy now!

crobar

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »

is there a reason there has to be a topic like this in every dashboard forum?

what makes it so great?
um i dunno try it out and see if you like it.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (amstrad @ Nov 29 2003, 01:05 PM)

I can't really explain why I love it so, its just great, all the little touches, I really think its great...
I never used MXM, I never thought about changing dashboard until I saw the list of features...then I just had to...and Im happy now!

See, this is what's so annoying... people who have never even TRIED MXM are now saying UnleashX is doing the same things "with style?" WTF?

Look, Unleash(ed)X is a nice dash, and I look forward to more great features implemented in this spiffy newcomer, but to all of you Evo-X diehards who have suddenly converted without even a whiff of MXM or Avalaunch: Stop making statements that make no sense!

All of the dashes offer something a little different, but don't put down other dashboards you've never even TRIED!

I think part of the problem is that MXM has simply done quiet updates, and progressed from a DVD-R menu into a mature dashboard over a long period of time.

I'm flattered that many of the skinning features are being implemented in Unleash(ed)X that were pioneered in MXM - but to hear all the Evo-X converts here, you'd think it has never been done before! (Please note: I'm not mad at all at Unleash(ed)X, just the people who keep the blinders on full force)

It's a heck of a debut! People should never question "Why?" when somebody creates their own app for the Xbox - it's ALL good. I look for good things from this project in the future.

jlm5151

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (amstrad @ Nov 29 2003, 02:05 PM)

Lol, your joking right.... You havent tried MXM, and you think you've seen style. Well atleast watch some video preview of MXM in action, maybe you will think different.

MXM Video 1
MXM Video 2
MXM Video 3
MXM Video 4
MXM Video 5
MXM Video 6
MXM Video 7

amstrad

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

I'm sorry, I was kidding, I love unleash, no I havn't used MXM, Im sorry...I was just kidding when I said it did it with style.
I know MXM has a good reputation, but I've always prefered the underdog, I've always liked new stuff, and the author seems like a really nice guy, unlike some of the stuck up asses on the "scene"...

Anyway, I'll watch a video, and Im sure I'll be impressed...
I didnt mean to offend, or anger anyone...anyho' :
I think we're all agreed Avalaunch is the dashobard of the past...right? *ducks*

Just to clarify, I was joking, Avalaunch rocks...IRC support: wow.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 09:39:00 AM »

I love.gif UnleashX... and MXM.. and Avalauch.. and EVOX and XBMC and XBMP and all the utilites and those that spend thier time away from their families and normal life to give them to us.

Well, with the exception of killing the xbmp WEB.   WTF WTF WTF WTF? lets shitcan an awesome feature im sure everyone wont mind?   Oh well.. just means I will have to run multiple copies..cause im not going to upgrade over top of the last stable version i have. dry.gif

I didnt mean to offend, or anger anyone...anyho' :
I think we're all agreed Avalaunch is the dashobard of the past...right? *ducks*

You're a dead man when SniperKilla reads that  tongue.gif

amstrad

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

HAVE I NOT PAYED ENOUGH!? I'm sorry, my comments are taken back, except the Avaluanch one, (I want to see that guy's reaction)
Anyway, I saw one of those videos of MXM and I wqas blown away, very, very impressive, but I'm far happier with this util, Im less of a "small windows" type person, I prefer just a big simple thing with all I need! Like this...instead of one that looks more like a very, very good website!

dzv

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (karishbhr @ Nov 29 2003, 05:15 PM)
What makes this thing better then evox or MXM?

In a nutshell...

• Slicker than EvoX
  • Very easy to use (skinning and customizing)
  • Very small app, and extremely simple to install.

In relation to MXM in particular...

There is no doubt that MXM is an exremely powerful app.  I haven't delved very deep into it, but it does seem to be extremely customizable, with all that great media support and full scripting etc.  However, for an average Xbox user, I think it's a bit too complicated.  It took me about 30mins to figure out how to install MXM the first time (not a newbie to installing apps and dashboard), and another few minutes to figure out how to implement skins.  UnleashX is very self-explanatory as far as installation and setup.  I think UnleashX offers a nice balance a nice looking dash, pretty good customizability, with ease of use.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 04:50:00 PM »

laugh.gif  just pointing that out to you.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 05:02:00 PM »

Nevermind....Shutting Mouth...

GuyBrush

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Nov 30 2003, 01:50 AM)
Did someone (hint: starts with GuyBrus) forget that MXM is (and has been as far as i can remember) under a megabyte download?

laugh.gif  just pointing that out to you.

yup I knows but I have such a crap 56k connection to xbins that it took me 4 attempts to get UnleashX! I've got MXM in my dload list but my connection is sloooowww! anyways I never sed that MXM was huge just sed that I haven't gotten to dloading it yet...

I just pointed out that one of the reasons I got UnleashX was cos it was "well advertised" and as BenJeremy sed MXM is on a "quiet" update path-if its on the news page and has something that catches my attention I take a look at it...

tongue.gif

hydraulix

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2003, 01:20:00 AM »

This thread is going in the completely wrong direction. I figured it wouldnt take long to start a flame war when he asked what makes it better than evox/MXM.

The point is YOU should install the dashboard, explore it, check out its features, and then decide if YOU think its better suited for your needs as a dashboard. There is no dash out there that is better than any other. They all feature different things and function in completely different ways. Dont compare apples to oranges.

There are features in every dashboard that I rely on heavily that arent found in others,

eg:

Avalaunch: I cant live without thier xbox2xbox transfers, nor thier built in savegame downloader, XBE title renamer, etc.

MXM: I cant live without support for preview videos, WMV support for skins, alpha transparency, and the fastest FTP server to date (at least in my own environment).

EvoX: Cant install a new HDD without it, as well has flash a bios at the same time.

neXgen: ok, I can live without nexGen, but its a great work and its still installed on my xbox.

UnleashX: Cant live without its pure boot speed, menu speed, skinning ability, and logical, practical feature list.

Hacked MSDash: Who could live without the greatest looking animated dash in existance?

The fact of the matter is, most of us have every dash out there installed, and constantly change our default. There is no "god" of all dashboards.

Lets try to avoid the flaming and comparisons, it hinders everything.
Pages: [1] 2