xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Iso Creation  (Read 93 times)

freesafety13

• Archived User
Iso Creation
« on: October 01, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

ok i keep reading all the statements regarding how fast qwix with boost enabled can transfer files.  so much faster than a standard FTP program.  but my question is how long is the actual iso creation supposed to take.  i've on multiple occasions have tried to create a backup of a game, and this refers to all the games i tried to backup, and it never completes.  the farthest it has made it is to 89% and something always happens.  whether my router will switch channels or qwix will just lockup and stop working, which seems to happen more than not.  i don't care how fast qwix and avalaunch can "transfer" the file i want to create an iso of since it doesn't actually transfer the file before it attempts to create the iso.  i would prefer to put the game onto my pc than create the iso from a local folder instead of FTP but qwix doesn't offer any actual transfer options like a FTP.  i have left my xbox on and qwix running trying to create an iso for 9 1/2 hours and when i came home from work it had only made it 20 percent before it froze.  i've tried it on the weekends and ran it all day saturday to make sure it was still transferring files and after 6 hours it only made it to 30 something % and than quit working.  has anyone else had this problem.  my xbox is connected to my pc via a wireless network not directly connected and is there a way to do an actual file transfer with qwix like an FTP application so i wont have to FTP to create an iso

chorizo1

• Archived User
Iso Creation
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

FTP contents to PC folder THEN use QWIX is best way to go.

freesafety13

• Archived User
Iso Creation
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

i tried that and came back with an error in qwix that said i was missing two language texts.  68 and 69 if i remember correctly.   i wish i could use qwix and boost to FTP the files since the last time it took over 8 hours to transfer.  my current transfer rate xbox-to-pc averages around 50 kbps but my transfer rate pc-to-xbox is 530 kbps.  but from what i've read it is normal to have a higher transfer rate pc-to-xbox than xbox-to-pc