xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: A New Feature In Avalaunch  (Read 2976 times)

xmos

• Archived User
A New Feature In Avalaunch
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

cool.gif

sharon

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

All Features in the poll are already possible one way or the other.......we seriously need a defragger.

XaroN

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

tongue.gif

electronut

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

I would love for the Avalaunch Team to integrate an Xlink UI simular to what's on XBMC. That would be great! I don't like the interface incorporated now.

maclean216

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

email
web browser

Crash83

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(batch71 @ Dec 30 2004, 07:08 AM)
no more Christmas girls on my dashboard please smile.gif

asjeep

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Crash83 @ Jan 3 2005, 08:53 AM)
Amen to that! ill second it! when are we gettin the new pic anyways?

jwherbold

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 06:28:00 AM »

I second the Adult pic's.

I also agree with the USB HDD.

I also would like to see a way to configure/edit the xml file settings in the dash... that would place me on cloud 8.

djmattyb

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

I would like my Avalaunch to scan all the games/programs on my hard drive, only when I tell it to so that it will boot faster. With a 250 gig hard drive it takes too long. I wouldn't mind telling Avalaunch to update the 'menu cache' after I install a new game. There really isn't any reason for it to search my entire hard drive every time I boot/reset. I tend to reset my box more often than I install a new game. Maybe a toggle for 'auto update system menu' would be cool. Then when it's off, it will only update when the user tells it to.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

personally i would like "Better FTP Support"  and here is why... the current FTP in the avalaunch program is overall pretty solid but i do have to say that the XBMC's ftp support is definately FASTER and slightly more RELIABLE... cause in avalaunch when transferring the avalaunch files back and forth between pc and xbox.. it almost always seems to error out when transferring the "default" skin folder related to avalaunch... plus when transferring basic files... the XBMC (and evox versions) of FTP react much faster (basically lists faster) and the peak speeds when transferring files in general is noticably higher in XBMC ... i can almost peak out @ 10MB/s with XBMC's ftp ... where as avalaunch only gets to around 6-7MB/s ,sometimes it hits 8-9MB/s but only when using QUIX's since it supports the boost mode... but basically im using "FlashFXP" (which is pretty much the standard in the scene) when testing the basic transferring of files to the xbox.

is there a chance it could be related to avalaunch using PASV mode where as evox/XBMC use PORT mode?

mingwingming

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

cause in avalaunch when transferring the avalaunch files back and forth between pc and xbox.. it almost always seems to error out when transferring the "default" skin folder related to avalaunch

If you try and transfer the Ava dash default folder whilst not actually running Ava it will transfer. The reason it locks is to do with the main.ttf font being in use I think you will find, nothing to do with FTP.   FlashFXP is not a great ftp program imho use WSFTP pro.  smile.gif

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(mingwingming @ Mar 5 2005, 04:16 PM)
Thacrip

ruli00

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »

A usb harddrive would be perfect

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »

A USB 2.0 drive can't be used at full speed anyways, since the ports are only v1.1.

Also, you can already use a USB HDD as a large memory stick anyways!

ryno267

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »

sorry if this has been stated before, but 6 something pages was a lot to read through...

Among all the others here, I'd like to see some sort of Internet Radio feed improvements...

1st - You never really know what station or what stream you're on - so i'd like to see implemented the ability to have the stream name or title info scroll somewhere on the main screen.
2nd - I'd like to have some sort of menu perhaps for adding / deleting feeds from the avalaunch dash - in settings somewhere - that would be great and doesn't seem too obtrusive as it's merely a copy of the keyboard app but writing to a different file.

okay... thats my bitch... love avalaunch no matter what...

thanks - rYno
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5