xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Is Xboxmediacenter Installed On Your Xbox Hd?  (Read 2115 times)

speed_racer88

• Archived User
Is Xboxmediacenter Installed On Your Xbox Hd?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2006, 09:10:00 PM »

I have it installed, but i never use it. Ava is so much better that i have no use for it. plus i have a dvd player/cd player in my room to so there isn't much of a point.

d0ck

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

XBMC is my default dash. I don't use nothing else, there is really no reason to.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

Hold up folks, the poll is simply asking whether or not you have XBMC on your HD, not whether or not you have it as your default dashboard.  Just about everyone voted yes, so I think it's pretty clear that XBMC is a significant force in the modding community (despite what the Pizza Delivery boy tried to argue in the "How much longer do you plan on using your XBOX" thread).  Anyways, XBMC is merely an app on my machine but it gets a shitload of use, for the reasons mentioned above.  There is no other media player that will give you the flexibility and versatility that XBMC will for the price.

rootz

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »

I use XBMC for everything (media & dash). I used to have Evox then later Avalaunch but got bored of always switching between two programs. So XBMC all the way!

Faid1

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2006, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxjason @ Jan 3 2006, 02:40 AM) View Post

The only things I believe that can be improved on is:
-DVD playback function (Needs more options. Try playing a tv show boxset, its much easier to use DVD-X2 dongle free DVD player, because it acts like a DVD player)
I don't seem to have a problem with it (other than it being somewhat unstable with some DVDs). TV boxsets play just fine.

Also, can anyone tell me what features UnleashX has that would make you use it over XBMC?

Mothra

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2006, 02:05:00 AM »

XBMC installed of course.  

And until I can play my collection of several thousand NeoGeo/Megadrive/SNES/Master System/NES/MAME/N64 games on an Xbox 360, I won't bother 'upgrading', as the prospect of playing all the same games again with sharper graphics isn't exactly blowing my skirt up.

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mothra @ Jan 3 2006, 10:12 AM) View Post

XBMC installed of course.  

And until I can play my collection of several thousand NeoGeo/Megadrive/SNES/Master System/NES/MAME/N64 games on an Xbox 360, I won't bother 'upgrading', as the prospect of playing all the same games again with sharper graphics isn't exactly blowing my skirt up.

You wear skirts?! COOL!!! love.gif
Personally I'm not going to care if I get an xbox 360 for my birthday, without halo3 there's no sale for me.  I bet about 10,000 other people are feeling that way right about now.

Amything

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2006, 02:40:00 AM »

Of course its installed, its the reason I bought an Xbox in the first place (well XBMP was).  Awsome awsome media player.

Tosus

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2006, 03:57:00 AM »

I use my xbox primarily for watching videos streamed from my PC, so it only made sense to make it my main dash. I really only ever switch to Ava for ftp'ing, especially now that XBMC play DVD menus.

theuhstuf

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »

as soon as the trainers are supported in xmbc i'll make it my default dash.  (what can i say, i'm just a cheater)

The_Dogg

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

I use XBMC as my main dash, it simply rocks!!!

althought I must admit that I use my Xbox 95% as a media center, I rarely play games.

XBMC + Samba + python script rules!!!!!

bitrot42

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

XBMC is the main reason I wanted an Xbox, for streaming xvid/mpeg/etc/mp3/etc from my PC.  (The second reason was emulation, but I later discovered that it plays pretty nice new games, too!) blink.gif

Like everyone else, I started with EvolutionX as the dash, but XBMC quickly outshined it and became my default.  It just keeps getting better with every release -- the full DVD menu support is an amazing accomplishment.

Except for HD support, the 360 has a LONG way to go to catch up to an Xbox w/XBMC.  I expect I'll be using this box for much longer than one more year!

Regards,
-Bitrot.

Nothing Fancy:
XBox 1.0
TSOP X2 4983
120 GB Seagate
XBMC
Simple, solid, and working great!

trance4jim

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 07:35:00 AM »

Its Dashboards like xbmc that make modding your xbox an exciting feat.Many props to the whole crew still working on it.Internet radio,xvid playback,now better dvd playback,slide shows, and upgradeability.You can rip internet radio too.I personally use ava for my dash and link to xbmc for mutimedia purposes.It would be great if they could integrate with a great working version of linksboks.That would be fn great!

Oh I started with Evo with the slayers disc.Everything evolved so much from that point.Thanks to this site, I learned a lot more about ftp, cd burning in nero, and case modding.I love you Xbox-Scene!

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

If it ran videos in the background when games are highlighted and had a more user friendly system for listing apps then I would definately use it over UnleashX as my dash. Other than that I use it for everything and there is no doubt that it is the best app on Xbox by a long way but not as a front end. I like having icons and preview videos. too much.

disruptive_intensions

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

I use XBMC on a regular basis to play my mp3's when im doing shit around the house. plus the visulisations kick ass! I also use it to play movie files from the HDD although i use UIX as my dash. and recommend it to others. I also use UIX to play DVD's as im having some problems getting XBMC to play them properly... i dunno whats up though tongue.gif

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9