xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Inquirys By A Ps3 Noob  (Read 129 times)

Ultimatemale420

• Archived User
Ps3 Inquirys By A Ps3 Noob
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »

hey poeple how is everyone doing. I am based in the UK and today i bought a checha01 60gb ps3 today only when i bought it home, I found that it was not the Pal version but the American version.

i bought the 60gb ps3 as I was heavily into the backwards compatibility due to never owning a PS2

the ps3 came with an extra pad and a Pal game (GTA4) I bought it off some guy from the internet. Everything works and the ps3 is in overall very good condition.

when i test played it i played god of war3 the console needed some sort of firmware update. i updated and played the GOW3 via a audio video scart ouput on a HD TV. it worked fine. later i created a PSN account
which required me to do a system update it told me that the install other OS option would be remove if i took the update but if i didnt take the update I wouldnt not be able to play online.

so i took the update.

after i tried Far cry 2 the ps3 reported that the video output was incorrect and the game cannot begin
error code 820028f10 (summing like that)

I tried GTA 4 and got the same as far cry 2
I'm very furstated this all took place at my friends house whom has a HDTV but i dont have a HDTV

we found switching to HDMI resolved the game issue but i wonder how i can work round this as I use a standard 24" widescreen tv

furthermore in regards to backwards compatibility none of my friends ps1 or ps2 games would work as they were all pal the console was NTSC (real piss of)
any ways round any of this.  

and last but not least

does anybody know if sony will take it back and exhcange it for a pal 60GB one.

thanx for reading

Ultimatemale420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

awww doesnt anybody have any advice for me:(

postal worker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »

this may help with the games...the video thing may need more detail

http://www.gamespot....pic_id=26048653