xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Freezing Questions  (Read 129 times)

sidthasloth

• Archived User
Ps3 Freezing Questions
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »

Hey guys here is the question of the decade, I have a 60 gig ps3 and it freezes on me I have replaced the HD and have sat a fan near it to try and cool it down the fan seems to help. But any way it will sporaticly freeze, mainly in the playstation store and the online parts, but it does freeze while gaming too . I have done some research on this forum and on afterdawn, and llama. From my research though I found that the first units have overheating problems I even found a guy who repairs ps3's and 360's say the cores on the cpu and gpu can overheat so much it will burn it up and never work again. well any way I only wanted to know if any one here has replaced the thermal paste and do you think this will help. Also I am going to definately get a fan after opening it up and blowing it out and wiping it with anti static wipes too. Any way I wanted to make sure if any one else has had these problems have they replaced the bluray player to fix this cause I am worried it could be a bluray problem in disguise. Well I hope to get some info out of this cause I am semi lost.