xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Ps3 Paint Job On The Way But I Need Help  (Read 211 times)

babypak

• Archived User
New Ps3 Paint Job On The Way But I Need Help
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

I am about to paint my ps3 to a supersonic blue but i need to know that how do i cover up the Playstation 3 logo on the front because i tried to use masking tape but the letters are just way too small to cover up. I am also painting my controller but that is a no brainer. How the hell did this guy: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=593411 with the woody case not get the paint on the Playstation 3 letters?

Alex_S_61

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »

you can use a toothpick to put rubber cement over it and then when the paint job is done it will just roll right off

lightonokira

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »

im looking forward for this paint job

Eddie_the_Hated

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

I suggest a brand new Xacto knife and some painters tape (the blue stuff).

You said that masking it off wouldn't work, because they were far too little, but if you take your time it shouldn't be much of a problem.

ssjtrunks20xl

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 06:30:00 PM »

or you could do what I did and take the exacto knife and just "pick" the letters off but do it with care because they could flip off and you could loose it. That happened witht he "t" on mine and I was looking on the carpet for around 5 min to find it. I am glad I took them off because I think it looks better than it would have if I had put the tape over the letters the paint might have looked funny. Also the Power and eject things can be removed too. Just peel off the plate and pop them out.

supergrafx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

yeah, the letters do just pop out. Trying to cut out masking tape for such would be too difficult and most likely cause paint bleeds. I did this 6 months ago, the pop out method with a razor, but like the post says above mine, use care as they fling out, and a missing letter would look like a chop job. The stickyness below the letters stays pretty sticky so you should not need an extra adhesive to bond the letters back to the case.

babypak

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

I finally got the PS3 painted BUT, My ps3 looks like crap. I colored it and it looked great, but i put 2 coats supersonic blue color, 3 coats of (glossy finish) then i freakin hung it outside to dry. Turns out my brother thought it would be fun to use a Daisy airsoft gun on it. The night i got home from work and saw the horrible sight. The daisy's BBs went throught and broke like all of it. The BB's broke through the case and cracked the whole like and some pieces fell off. Sorry guys, i tried but i guess it was never meant to be painted. LOL!

The next day I beat the piss out of my brother he never even thought about sayin PS3. Atleast i got some fun out of this project.

KRQKAN

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »

i think you should get a palm leaf and spray that onto the ps3 smile.gif

sloat!!

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(babypak @ Aug 18 2007, 07:27 PM) View Post

I am about to paint my ps3 to a supersonic blue but i need to know that how do i cover up the Playstation 3 logo on the front because i tried to use masking tape but the letters are just way too small to cover up. I am also painting my controller but that is a no brainer. How the hell did this guy: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=593411 with the woody case not get the paint on the Playstation 3 letters?

well i recently stumbled across a weird but amazing technique (not really a technique!! lmao!) but cos i wanna do the same thing (tried with my xbox first and worked) if you get pva, not any special shit (shitter the better) apply it on the letters (if it is in a squeezy bottle like the one i have, its got a nozzle, so makes it easier and neater to apply) then spray your stuff and hey presto! just peel off the glue residue and its as clean as a whistle. but obviuosly let the glue dry seethrough before you spray over it