xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sixaxis Led Mod  (Read 234 times)

kambodianboi

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« on: September 02, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »

I spent about 4 hours doing the tutorial, with high-res images and full detail explanation.
http://www.xnogard.com/post/index/19/Modding-PS3-Controller

This post has been edited by kambodianboi: Sep 2 2007, 02:37 PM

Chancer

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »

Nice. I added it to the FAQ pinned.

sdav89

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 02:54:00 AM »

nice tut mate i think when i get half a chance i will give this a look.

360-Sagacious

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »

I was gearing up to do the same with my controller but I decided I'm going to do the mod when I get my hands on a DualShock 3 controller. Good tut though.

360-Sagacious

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

Just opened up my new white controller from my Japaneses PS3 and noticed to my dismay they changed the construction of the of the PS start button. It  no longer has  transparent parts and the hole the LED goes in is smaller and won't fit it. What a drag.

This post has been edited by 360-Sagacious: Dec 7 2007, 06:30 PM

imdbowlgod

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »

could you swap the regular ps button for the one in the dual shock 3? just a thought.  dont flame me.

Grim187

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 05:25:00 PM »

so is this for dual shock only? i hooked up the led and the most i could get out of it was a blink every now and then (about 30sec) w/o the resistor.

i would hook up a transistor straight to the battery but there isn't enough voltage.

Edit:

IPB Image

i made sure that the 3 points work with 1 3mm led hooked up (they will probably be fine with more, i will post when i find out), i suggest you use tp11 or tp12 since the R4 point is very week and comes off the board easily.

Edit2:
i didn't test tp11 but tp12 works fine with 5 leds.

2fast4u88

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »

I did this mod on my ps3 dualshock controller but totally different. My board in mine didn't have a number 5 hole either. Just baught the system 2 months ago. What i did was went into advance auto parts and picked up rear window defoger repair kit and a pack of four blue leds witht he resistors on it. I took the black plastic the  ps logo button sets on drilled a hole through it just enough for the led to pop through and stay. Then the rubber piece for the button i took a lil flat hit screw driver got it hot and and pushed it through it (making a complete circle) where it would shine the light through to the ps button. I then took the ground wire and grounded it straight to the battery. The hot is hooked to the secound hole on the back of the board above the left stick. If you look at the pic above look where u2 is  go to the left and follow the stip down right there i belive will double check just test it with a tester to make sure. I then took the hot wire and left about 4 strands of wire sticking out the end twisted it together and super glued it to the board along with the copper wire right below the hole. Broke out the defoger kit (comes with conductive ink) Taped of a straight line from the hole to the top of the copper wire. Putting a couple of coats on. Pulled the tape off. And what i got was a blue led button for about 10 bux'z with zero sodderin on such a lil board. Button also works fine with the bigger led bulb under it. also the hole isn't the full voltage of the battery but is still bright. Been working fine for a month if someone might want pics i could post up.

xBlinDx

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

link dosent work

H4L0G33K

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »

Can anyone provide an updated tutorial link? Thanks!

sake

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Mod
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »

http://www.moddingfo...2u-led-mod.html

Good comprehensive tutorial on it.