xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!  (Read 2348 times)

Boiker

• Archived User
I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 30 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

I've never opened one up but I would imagine it heats the grilling surface using nichrome wire, as most electric heating devices do.

In that case it wont take up much space at all, but you'll definitly want to shield the plastic parts of the case with metal to keep them from melting.

I may be wrong but I think that consoles use thermo setting plastics that don't melt. The same kind that saucepan handles are made from so they dont melt. But ofcourse, shield it just to be sure.

Sweet project aswell. I think the PS3 actually looks more like some models of barbecues than a George Foreman, but its still a grill.  happy.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Boiker @ Oct 30 2006, 10:36 AM) View Post

I may be wrong but I think that consoles use thermo setting plastics that don't melt. The same kind that saucepan handles are made from so they dont melt. But ofcourse, shield it just to be sure.

Sweet project aswell. I think the PS3 actually looks more like some models of barbecues than a George Foreman, but its still a grill.  happy.gif

you're probably right about the plastic but you'd better safe then sorry.

Also you're definitly right about the PS3 looking more like a traditional grill then a George Forman grill.

it has to do with the rounded barrel shape of the PS3

IPB Image

IPB Image

the split across the center just makes the top half look like it should lift up like a grill

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

So the PS3's case is going to be made out of plastic? Ive heard different things from different people as to weather the case will be made out of metal or plastic. But yeah, ive given some thought as to what I could do to prevent the plastic from melting, if the case was made of plastic.

So if i do end up having to cut up the grilling surface a bit, i can just bend the nichrome wire or something so i dont cut it aswell. I imagine the wire would be somehow attached to the bottom of the grill surface, not actually going through the grill surface, if that makes sense.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »

Bump to the top.

Well, so far its not lookin like ill be able to get a PS3 at launch, unless i buy one of those extremley overpriced preorders on ebay....damn.

Oh well, ill have to wait a few weeks longer....

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 01:49:00 AM »

Well, just thought id let everyone know ive resorted to bidding on 20GB systems on ebay....im that desperate. They seem to be going for a resonable price atm, but knowing ebay, theyll probly go to like $2000 in the last 10 mins or something.....

Well heres hoping....

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

lol I give you credit you really want to see this thing through.

Well, yeh ive kinda commited myself to making this happen lol i dont want to dissapoint all the people out there that want to see this happen. Plus i really want to be the first to post a tut on how to open the PS3.... lol

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

Woot! I just ordered a 20GB PS3 and Ridgeracer from play-asia. (Thanks soooo much explosive2!!)

So, I will (hopefully) have the PS3 by next friday (17th). So, on the PS3 Grill site I will also be putting a tutorial on how to open the PS3, and plent of pics of the insides of the system.

Lol $1400 well spent.... blink.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »

Lol now thats funny....so which ones the PS3 again? lol

Gotta love old people.

EDIT: Yay 350 posts!!

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

big baller Jimmy

Ohhh yeh.....lol

I just realised something, since im getting a japanese system, the UI and everyting wont be in japanese onyl will it? Or will it have like a language select screen like every other console?

EDIT: I also added an extra controller and a memroy card adapter to my order.....so that brings the total up to AU$1500....ouch...this PS3 better be worth it...

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 7 2006, 07:47 PM) View Post

Ohhh yeh.....lol

I just realised something, since im getting a japanese system, the UI and everyting wont be in japanese onyl will it? Or will it have like a language select screen like every other console?

EDIT: I also added an extra controller and a memroy card adapter to my order.....so that brings the total up to AU$1500....ouch...this PS3 better be worth it...

You can change it.  In fact here is a walk through of the menu in english to help you find that setting:
http://www.engadget....eo-walkthrough/

system settings->system language

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

why all the add-ons and caring about the UI i thought u were ripping it apart??

by the way new idea on what you should grill how about the six-axis see how cheap it really is compared to the weight

Well, since im spending soooo much money on the PS3, why wouldnt I check everything out? Heck, once i sell it, im not going to see another PS3 until at least march next year......so it kinda makes sense.

BTW, thanks silentbob, i figured it would be kinda stupid if sony wouldnt let the language be changed to english....

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

Well, its the 10th of November. The PS2 gets released in Japan tommorow! Yay! Which means my PS3 gets shipped tommorow (assuming play-asia gets the PS3's and everything....)

Does anyone know if post offices are even open on Saturdays over in Japan, because they arent here. So, i shall have a PS3 by Thursday or friday next week  cool.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

Well i just paid for the PS3. Stupid paypal charged the money to my dads credit card, not my bank account! Damn. Thats gunna be interesting 'Hey dad heres $1500 that i accidently charged to your credit card' lol

Anyway i was reading today that on the 30th of october they cancelled all PS3 preorders to Europe. I know australia technically isnt Europe, but i really hope they dont turn around and say they cant send my PS3 becuase they cant ship to Australia. Anyone know whats happenin with this? Its got me a bit worried lol

The PS3 gets released in Japan in about 9 hours (if its a midnight launch)

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

Good luck. Europe usually means everyplace besides Japan and NA.

Shit. But youd think p-a wouldve cancelled my order by now? And that theyd say in the description noone from Europe can order a system?

Also, i just read through an email they sent out saying the cancelled the orders, and it says only people in the European Union (EU) cant preorder. A quick google search shows Australia isnt in the EU. Sooo....lets pray i still get my PS3....

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

I just got an emil back from p-a (I asked when they would ship and if they will ship to Australia) and they said the shipping date wasnt confirmed (not good) and they didnt answer my question about if theyd ship to Australia, so im guessing that means they will ship to Aus.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8