xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!  (Read 2389 times)

bigjimmy

• Archived User
I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

UPDATE: I just got an email confirming the PS3 will be sent on monday the 13th of November. Woot!

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

w00t! I just checked my emails and i got an email from play-asia to say my PS3 was sent out yesterday (saturday) So i might even have the PS3 on wednesday or thrusday.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »

OK, so i got bord this afternoon and made this:

IPB Image

Ahhhh, photoshop, is there anything it cant do?

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 12 2006, 03:28 AM) View Post
Ahhhh, photoshop, is there anything it cant do?
It can't make her love you!

Nice work on the chop. Now watermark it and upload to your site. IPB Image

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

Well, the PS3 arrived today......Woot.....So i will write a small reveiw of my thoughts...

So, first thing to do when I got home was to plug it all in and play it. I must say the PS3 is frigging huge.....but the controller weighs next to nothing... I also bought Ridge Racer 7, so im only going to be commenting on this game. I will sum it up in one word.....dissapointing. I thought the graphics were a big let down. To be honest the graphics didnt look much better than a PS2 game, and yes, it was on a HD TV with full 1080P resolution.
Another thing that sucked about the game was the physics of it. It reminded me of NFS: Underground. It sucked.

I had quite high expectations for this system, and i was very, very dissapointed with all of it. So after the game we pulled apart the PS3. Lot of pictures were taken. Theyll go up on the PS3 Grill site shortly.

The insides were a lot more interesting than any other aspect of the system.....I must say I detest those stupid ribbon cables....theyre a pain in the ass.....

To all who actually want to buy a PS3 or are getting a PS3, I dont mean to dissapoint you......but you have nothing to look forward to.....

Anyhoo, the PS3 will fit a grill nicely in it...I cant wait to start making the grill.

danielmid

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

So wait, we were right all along? And pics should be good. Cant wait to see the grill.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(danielmid @ Nov 14 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post

So wait, we were right all along? And pics should be good. Cant wait to see the grill.

http://dreamgamers.b...s-rr-7-ps3.html

There is a good comparison of the graphical differences between RR6 (a launch title for the 360) and RR7 (a sequel and launch title for the PS3).

From what I've heard they're essentially the same game but RR7 has some extra cars/tracks etc.  You can see that a number of details have been removed for the PS3 version, IMO the most noticeable differences is the water: on the 360 it's got ripples, some shiny reflections etc, and having played the game I can tell you that it actually moves around like water should. The water in the PS3 is just flat and lifeless. This is same thing is carried over onto other elements like the reflection of the glass windows on the building etc.

This could tell us a few things, and I'll leave it up to you how you'd like to interpret it
1. - it could mean that developers had a harder time getting these effects to work properly on the PS3 then they did with the 360 either do to difficulty programming for the platform or time constraints.
2. - it could mean that the PS3 couldn't handle that extra level of detail and it had to be cut out.
3. - (if they're going 1080p) it could mean that details had to be cut out to get the game running at a higher resolution, which begs the question if support for the higher resolution on a small small number of TVs where it makes a differences is worth the loss of quality in the details.
4. - any combination of the aforementioned.

It still remains that the the game was released a year later on supposedly superior higher priced hardware and it is missing graphical details and effects.

VinnySem

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

I wasn't impressed with RidgeRacer 6 to begin with. Now, TDU, and Forza2 (from screenies from the site), now you're talkin'. I hope GT HD is in the same tier graphics and game-play wise.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

OK now the pics are up and working....i still have to rearrange the site a bit and put the pics in different categories but the current layout will do for a couple of days...

Its stupid how when you upload photos, it makes them a .JPG instead of a .jpg so i have to hcnage them back so the pics work...

BTW, the inverter blew up last night.....it overheated and blew the thermal fuse inside the toroid transformer....and i cant find where these thermal fuses are. Anyone know where abouts thermal fuses are in toroial transformers?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

Since we have a hardware modding forum for PS3 now I think we should move this there... it is the first real case mod  smile.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »

You can make a PS macro to watermark those pics for you

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

Since we have a hardware modding forum for PS3 now I think we should move this there... it is the first real case mod smile.gif

And thats why it took me half an hour to find this thread.....lol i thought it might have been deleted....

Anyway, I have the internal dimensions of the PS3 and im going to buy the grill to put in it today.

Yay! 400th post!

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2006, 01:10:00 AM »

Alright, I finished the tutorial (finally!). And im currently uploading it.

Damn I spent the whole afternoon making this tut lol

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »

Sucess!! The PS3 grill has been built! The pics have been uploaded to the site....

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 18 2006, 03:36 AM) View Post

Sucess!! The PS3 grill has been built! The pics have been uploaded to the site....

its hilarious. lol. u should post some pics of it actually working. looks like u just slapped on some sausage without any power to the grill. looks great!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8