xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ff7 Ps3  (Read 128 times)

calderra

• Archived User
Ff7 Ps3
« on: May 30, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(luther349 @ May 30 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post

i saw the tech demo of ff7 for the ps3. wtf now they finnly remake there best game of all time for the system dommed to fail. its a sad attempt to get people to buy a ps3 and it pises me off. but it also tells me no matter what trash there talking right now and playing custmers for stupid using ff7 to try and push sales means they knoe there in a corner.

its sad the best game of all time being used to push a system thats going to fail. did m$ and sony switch roles or something couse i rember m$ being this way and sony frendly now the roles are reversed at least in the gaming world. of course with there new stragty of games renting it whont even be possable man there real basterds now.

Uhhh.... first, calm down.
Yes, a FF7 remake is kind of planned (or discussed), but the whole thing was actually just a CGI demo to impress the media. The project doesn't really exist if I'm not mistaken, and when it was shown to media, the RSX graphics chip hadn't even been made yet, so no one had any idea at all what the PS3 would or wouldn't be able to do.

And no matter how many times developers have tried to say their titles were running on "real hardware", or were looking like "what we'd expect them to look like on PS3", they suddenly looked much worse on the e3 floor when they became playable.

Proof's in the pudding.

And how was M$ "this way"? The closest I can think of is when Bungie showed off the Halo 2 demo that wound up not being fully representative of the final game, but the demo they showed was entirely playable (they even took requests for things to mess around with at some showings), and Bungie rebuilt the whole game after e3 due to dev issues, so things were going to change.

luther349

• Archived User
Ff7 Ps3
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

i was talking abought teaking custmers like crap or stupid. m$ is known for that but now sony is  using there best game of all time to push sales make me wanna go shoot them

Reaper527

• Archived User
Ff7 Ps3
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

well, they're teasing you with their best game of all time (and i wouldn't call it "their" best game of all time, its still 100% owned by square so if they where to get into a business arguement and square-enix jumped ship to ms or nintendo theres nothing stopping them from releasing it there). that is just a tech demo. if you look around online you'll see that ff7 isn't in development. that was just a simple video to show the power of the ps3. i do think it was a bit of a dirty trick though using a video of one of the best games ever made to lure people to the system when its not in the plans to re-release it.

---edit---

had a second oppinion on this one (ok, a joke, but it will probably make you laugh). you remember how playstation 2 was supposed to play playstation games with better graphics then the original playstation? perhaps this video is sony claiming our PSX ff7 discs will look like that, but when the ps3 actually comes home it will look exactly the same as it did on the PSX just like how it looked on the ps2 with its "upgraded graphics". the video was really a part of operation over promise-under deliver tongue.gif jester.gif

<--- 1337 tongue.gif

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
Ff7 Ps3
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

This tech demo is over a year old and nothing has come of it officially, so there's no reason to think it's anything more than a tech demo. Square Enix is already working on 3 FFXIII games and 2 FFVII prequels (in addition to games unrelated to primary FF), and considering the staff on these projects I doubt they have enough workforce to put on the remake -- specifically, the main staff for the original is busy with other projects.

The tech demo wasn't for nothing though, because the people working on FFXIII for PS2 were put on the project to make the demo and this got them familiar enough with PS3 that they decided they wanted to change the platform for FFXIII to PS3.