xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Psp Or Ds?  (Read 186 times)

bennyblanco420

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »

I got the 4gb dsextream card good investment in my opinion havnt tried any homebrew ywt but it holds a decent amount of games  easy to use no mods whatsoever just a hacked ds cart. i think the games are just better for the ds and in the longrun it will be the system on top of the handheld market. if a thirdparty company can make a 4gb ds card so can nintendo which means a graphic and gameplay level jump in the future

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

i have both...i have a black ds lite and a psp with 3.10 OE-A firmware. the ds games are fun, but the psp has homebrew that is so much easier. and you dont need to buy anything for it.

sra4ever

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

DS is amazingly fun, hacks are ok
PSP ok, hacks are awesome you can put movies and all sorts of classic games on it.
My vote PSP, for a few bucks more you can do a lot more.

DMAddict

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

PSP FTW!
More homebrew and no cost to modify. If I'm not mistaken you'll need to purchase an M3 card for the ds. The PSP you can easily modify the firmware. You would want to buy a larger Pro Duo card, but that just to put everything on.

manu_xl

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Apr 30 2007, 08:54 AM) View Post

Now if only someone can write a SNES emu that can actually play the best looking snes games at decent speed! sad.gif

Snes9X TYL 0.4.2

ausmods

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

Now I finally have owned a PSP and a DS, im going to have to say the PSP is better. The DS is good if your into pokemon and all those types of games, but the PSP is A LOT better for homebrew. Yeah, PSP games suck, theres no good ones, but the ability to put emulators and everything on a PSP more than makes up for it. The thought of being able to play all of my old skool games whenever and whereever i want is really exciting.

Also, the PSP screen is beautiful. Games with heaps of jaggies look crap on it, but movies and other things look great on the screen.

gorgs

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 02:02:00 AM »

psp all day long,cant compare

pieman145

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »

DS is for people who don't mind having JUST the poor graphics gameplay - some phones can produce almost the same sort of graphics as the DS in Java 8-). The PSP is people for beyond that, I mean sure, most of the games suck, but the capabilities of it are too high for the DS to ever match - it's got basically all of today's travelling necessities in it  smile.gif Just depends on what sort of person you are; whether you prefer loads of good games,buh thas it, or a lil bit of everything. I prefer the PSP tbh, because the games that ARE good, you want to play again, and its also handy for when your travelling biggrin.gif

derf

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

I've been reading through this thread and some of you are saying the games are better on the DS, sorry I have had both for a few years now and with the exception of some cleaver gimmicks on the DS the PSP if far superior. I would say the only thing that lets the PSP down is the load times, the DS is defiantly for the younger audience, and yes I I’m a miserable old git  biggrin.gif

TreyTable

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

It all depends on what games you like. I own both, a DS Lite and a PSP (fat). I like the DS Lite for a few games, such as the GBA and DS Castlevania games, Mario Kart DS, and the Bleach games, but my favorite genre is racing games, and the PSP is the clear choice for that genre, with games such as Burnout Legends, Burnout Dominater, Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer 2 (Import), Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars, Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, WipeOut Pure, WipeOut Pulse, Jet Moto (PSN), Jet Moto 2 (PSN), and WipeOut (PSN). Also, since I don't have the kind of money to afford a Zune or iPod, the PSP does a decent job as an MP3 player. But if you get either a DS/DS Lite or a PSP/PSP (thin), you owe it to yourself to get Space Invaders Extreme.

Oh, if you go for a DS, get the DS Lite, even if you have to get the pink one, the screens are so much brighter, it's well worth the cost, and if you get a PSP, get a slim; it has more RAM (for faster loading.. for games that are programmed to do that..), the D-Pad is more responsive (for fighting games such as Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Tekken 2 (PSN), or Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max..), and the battery life is longer on both slim PSP and DS Lite.

But if I had to choose only one or the other, I'd grab both and shoot my way out.

SEHF

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 04:00:00 AM »

Both fools!
Pages: 1 [2]