xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ta-082 Devhook 2.71 Umd Loading  (Read 72 times)

fiveseven

• Archived User
Ta-082 Devhook 2.71 Umd Loading
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

I can say that most of us TA-082 owners are so excited about the Devhook port for 2.71. Alot of us have looked at using homebrew and cried because we have no idea what to do. Well.. fortunatly for you I have been paying close attention to the developments.

First off, Ookm has found a way to downgrande ta-082 motherboards to 1.5. Only stipulation. Alot of TA-082 PSP's came with 2.60... you have to have the version that came with 2.5. Look at Ookm's blog at this site if your motherboard is a 2.5 version.

Ookm's blog has some info on that.

Now for thoes of you whom are excited to get UMD images running on your TA-082 motherboard, well.. here we go.

First off. I suggest formatting the memory card. I know you will loose whatever saved games you have. Back them up if you like. Personally I like using a blank cavas to do this kinda thing (i.e. brand new xbox/360).

Alright, if you formatted, good for you. It should make the work really easy.

Step 1. Make sure you have firmware 2.71.

If not, find 2.71 on google. Download it and copy it to your PSP in the root/PSP/GAMES/UPDATE/eboot.psp .

Run the update. Ta da. 2.71.

Step 2. Download the goods.

You will need two gumdrops first.

The Homebrew Enabler Revision B - Link :

You need Devhook 2.71 Port  Link:

Suggested Files, a UMD shrinker. Im using Extention XTD.

Install the Homebrew Enabler - The .rar will have a MSROOT Folder, place the items in the according folders on the Memory Stick.

Install the Devhook Port, in the according folders. SRC does NOT need to be installed on the stick.

Now. Move to the Photos catagory in XMB.

Go down to the RAND Folder. The Screen MAY flash blue and green, or just blue, or it may flash red.

Blue or blue and green = the Homebrew Enabler is installed and running. Red means it failed.

THIS MAY NOT WORK THE FIRST SECOND THIRD OR MILLIONTH TIME. It will freeze. Turn off the PSP, but, it will work eventually. I found that removing the battery and starting the PSP back up was faster then holding down the power button.

When the Homebrew enable does its thing, it will reboot the XMB. Now, I suggest NOT turning of you PSP for the rest of its life. It will happen tho, and it will do the same thing again.

When your PSP is rebooted, go to the DEVHOOK 2.71 Launcher. It should go right into devhook in a sec.

DO NOT CHANGE THE FIRMWARE TO ANYTHING BUT 2.71.

Now that this is all set. GO to the boot options. Make sure you reboot without going into any UMDS. Thoes launchers are for 1.5. We cant run that. It will freeze the PSP.

Just reboot into the XMB.

Now that this is all done. You know that the program is working. Go to start and let it boot back into the XMB.
 Connect your USB thinger and go into usb mode. in the ROOT of the memory stick make a folder called ISO. This is where your UMD images go.
 Go back into DEVBOOT and make sure all of the settings are as I explained before.

Go to start and boot back into the XMB. Hit HOME. Now you should be able to load that ISO file and launch it like it was a normal UMD. I downloaded a backup copy of NFSMW because I actually own the game. I wanted to see how well it ran with the Devhook thing.
 Well it runs great!

Hopefully this helps out one or two noobies. Thats all I aim for.

Remember. 2.71 firmware ONLY. Anything else seems to freeze the PSP.

-Fiveseven

This post has been edited by fiveseven: Sep 26 2006, 07:06 AM

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

Thanks.  I don't have a TA-082 mobo so I can't really test it out but if somone finds any discrepencies, make sure to point them out.

fiveseven

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

If someone could make a utility to port 1.5 homebrew to 2.71, then the tif exploit should open TA-082's to the entire homebrew world. using 1.5 homebrew should be DEAD. Update everything to 2.71 so us ta-082 owners can get in on the goodies. ALSO, I didnt include the links to the downloads, sorry. Ill edit the first post to get 'em in there.  
OK I cant edit that post.. SO here we go.

Download the Homebrew enabler and the devhook for 2.71. I wont give the links due to the face that I love xbox scene and I dont want to offend anyone by sending people away from this site.

I did find out that you MUST have a UMD in the UMD drive when you go to mount the backup. I havent found any problems with running .isos on a ta-082 at all!

This post has been edited by fiveseven: Sep 27 2006, 03:54 AM

NOMERCYX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

I can confirm that this method definitely works.  I have a PSP TA-082 motherboard and I got 2 out 3 isos to work.  Just to let you know there is a complete package at psp-hacks that has the update Hen rev.C along with DevHook.  Just copy all the files in Mem-root folder into the psp root folder and your done.  I hope this helps.

NMX