xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: New Car: Vauxhall Astra Mk4 Sri  (Read 726 times)

Dano2k0

• Archived User
New Car: Vauxhall Astra Mk4 Sri
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

Ok guys,

Been a while since i posted any updates, basically ive got yet again some different rear lights (irmscher smoked ones this time) ive also got colour coded bump strips fitted, and yet again ive swapped the headlights lol. I went for Morette headlights this time, they are pretty rare as they were damn expensive brand new so not many ever bought them, with Morette having gone bust none can be had so they are very hard to track down!

Oh and sorry Bucko, i promise one day soon i'll get you the video of the engine running, i just seem to keep forgetting!

Anyway heres the pics.

Colour coded bump strips.
IPB Image

And again, but this time you can see one of the new rear lights too, didn't think of taking a pic of the pair lol.
IPB Image

Lastly the new Morette headlights, very happy with these i think they suit the look alot better than the angel eyes did.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Feel free to post comments.

Cheers beerchug.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dano2k0 @ Jun 3 2009, 04:13 PM) View Post

Ok guys,

Been a while since i posted any updates, basically ive got yet again some different rear lights (irmscher smoked ones this time) ive also got colour coded bump strips fitted, and yet again ive swapped the headlights lol. I went for Morette headlights this time, they are pretty rare as they were damn expensive brand new so not many ever bought them, with Morette having gone bust none can be had so they are very hard to track down!

Oh and sorry Bucko, i promise one day soon i'll get you the video of the engine running, i just seem to keep forgetting!

Anyway heres the pics.

Colour coded bump strips.
IPB Image

And again, but this time you can see one of the new rear lights too, didn't think of taking a pic of the pair lol.
IPB Image

Lastly the new Morette headlights, very happy with these i think they suit the look alot better than the angel eyes did.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Feel free to post comments.

Cheers beerchug.gif

Dude chill about it, I just want the video to do justice to your awesome pics muhaha.gif  cool.gif did you see this?

Ouch, http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded  check your oil if you don't use your car in 6 months laugh.gif

IPB Image

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »

^saw that on PH, most likely owner doesnt have a clue, fuel pipes probably perished due to dry storage. what a waste, if i had an F1 id drive it EVERY day.

The morettes look great and even better they are real ones. much much more classy than angel eyes i think.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »

Sorry about the lack of my reply guys and for the lack of update aswell  ohmy.gif

lol bet the guy that owned the Ferrari was gutted. I'd be thinking the insurance company will be less happy about it having to shell out so much money to the owner.

Yeah i'm well pleased with the Morettes Grim, they suit the car much better and things have made it go from strength to strength looks wise as i now have new wheels which tie the morettes in even more so.

Bucko, yeah no worries mate i WILL get you the video sometime soon, i just always seem to forget and just keep doing stuff and taking pics, i'll get a vid sometime soon though, may see if i can get one this weekend actually!

Anyway guys time for abit of an update.
----------------------------------------------------------

Well some time has gone by since i last managed to get on here and post abit of an update.

Not huge ammounts to show really, but i'll let you all in to what ive been up to anyway, ive been quite busy buying various parts for the car and just in general doing bits that needed sorting out, plus ive been on holiday aswell so lack of time more so other than general cleaning etc.

First of all, colour coded door handles and a good clean, made a huge difference to the sides of the car, just awaiting on colour coded side skirts now.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next up was a prodrive rear splitter, no fiberglass on this, its the genuine pro drive GRP type part, very rare was originally on the SRi-Turbos.

Had to remove this from another bumper where someone had bodged it on, then re-paint it in the colour of my car and heres the result, looks 100x better in my opinion.

IPB Image

Also ive now got a new set of wheels, i was getting abit fed up of the 18s, the side walls were too thin for our country, i was fed up of the pot holes, so i down sized to some 17s. Also another issue i had with my old wheels was cleaning them, they were a nightmare to keep clean due to the lack of space between spokes etc.

Anyway i decided on the wheels i wanted, which have much bigger spokes, painted in black aswell biggrin.gif

I think they suit the car alot better than the old wheels, think general feedback pretty much everyone agrees. I kind of miss the 18s but i love how it looks more with the new wheels on.

(Please excuse the fact its dirty in these pics, also wet through as it had rained)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Overall i'm very happy with the most recent modifications, looking much more like i wanted.

Future plans now are theres various little bits i'd like to sort out, i have also aquired a Pro drive front bumper, which needs alot of prepping, painting and fitting, i also got some GSI sideskirts, and rear arch spats which need painting and fitting also, plus a GSI spoiler which needs the same work aswell. Once these are done and on, i'll be far more satisfied with the look of the car. No doubt i'll come up with more to do on it, but its getting time to begin concentrating more on power wink.gif

I have got quite big plans for the power of the car, in the near future i'd like to be pushing in the region of 350bhp, and in the future from this point on ideally i'd like to be going above this, but for now 350 is a realistic target and will be plenty for now. Just going to be a case of deciding for sure what parts to buy and slowly buying them all in, going to ideally need forged pistons / rods, arp bolts, piston rings, possibly some new bearings while i'm there, tubular manifold and i think turbo wise i'll go for something like the GT28RS. Also going to go for an uprated inlet cam at least, possibly do both.

When i get chance after which point the head is going to have some work done aswell, but this is going to be a good bit down the line now.

Anyway, enjoy everyone and thanks for reading. beerchug.gif

EDIT: Just for the crack of it, hard to believe this is what it was like just abit after i got her, in these pics only mods was lowered and exhaust  laugh.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just thought i'd post those for anyone who cares, hard to remember when it looked like this lol.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »

Dano, what kind of IC is that and where did you get it from, price?

ill be looking for one similar in size shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]