xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Timeline Of Issues  (Read 16 times)

chaoticdaos

• Archived User
Timeline Of Issues
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »

Last year in late July I bought an xbox premodded with X3 and a used 300 GB HD. One month after I got it I got a weird Error message saying something like

21:harddrive error
22:something
23:something
26:something

I think my number was 21.

I restarted the Xbox and got the same thing, so I just left it there for the day came back and it was fine.
I figured it was overheating since generally my room is in the 85 and above range without the fan going. I figured it was a crappy mod job since the modder was supposed to put in a better fan. Well he disappeared off the planet after this. Screw Bobintrees!

But whatever Life goes on I have other game systems, everything is fine with the box until July when i'm trying to ftp some romhacks LoZ: Parallel Worlds and various Chrono and Mario World Hacks. For whatever reason Zsnexbox3.3 just stopped working with roms. I decided to take all the savestates and roms out and reinstall it but FlashFxp would just hang with anything from that folder. Snes9x worked so I used that instead. But I had another problem savestates don't work between the two emulators. I had to get Zsnes working again, so I formatted the drive with Slayer's tool. and everything worked again.

Also some of the video files I sent over have comeback either fragmented or not at all. I had to rerip some of my DVDs because FlashFxp would hang at a speed of like 1.1 Kb p/s. I was guessing I sent the files over fragmented since I didn't have Diskeeper defragging for me then...

My question's are:
Is my xbox really overheating?
Is the Harddrive itself bad?
If so can I test for any fragmentation problems or impending hardware failure?

Generally the xbox is at around 100 degrees Fahrenheit when it's on for an hour and a half.

My dash is evoX the one that comes with slayer's 2.7
I keep everything as default as it comes
I think the harddrive is a Western Digital 300 GB