xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Usb Storage Xplorer  (Read 1801 times)

slasherking823

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

Here it is:
Description: Drive Eplorer that works on USB storage devices formatted by the Xbox 360

Port of my old multiplatform fatx driver, now it has a gui.
It works!

http://halo.gruntmod...elease_Gui_.rar : has built in updater, will update upon launch ( thanks to gruntmods for server )

Linux/OSX(currently broken due to obfuscation, will fix later)
You need to install mono to use this on those systems( i will not provide help on installing mono)
http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
To run: Open a terminal, type "mono /path/to/xtaf.exe" without the quotes
Currently, user v33 with linux/OSX, as for now linux/windows version are merged

THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE: Expect bugs
For support, and to post bugs, visit http://darkjump.co.cc/forums

V33: Fixed many issues, it now should handle cache partitions correctly, pulled out of beta for now.

Update, v35, fixes hdd support
Update, v36, I made the mistake of posting on se7ensins, got flamed, new option for one of their idiots.
~~~~
etcetc
~~~~
V42: hdd support should be stable along with large usb devices, if your hdd does not load then try unchecking the load method option in options
Full changelog available through link inside application.

SDOD616

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »

Will test this out now. Quick release. I will let you know if i find any problems with it in Vista. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Edit: Upon opening it in Vista, I get the "fatx.exe has stopped working" error. I can try it on my desktop with xp on it.
Edit 2: I just redownloaded it. It will open, but no matter what command I type in, It will give me the error in the first edit.

This post has been edited by SDOD616: Apr 7 2010, 05:40 AM

slasherking823

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(SDOD616 @ Apr 6 2010, 08:28 PM)  

Will test this out now. Quick release. I will let you know if i find any problems with it in Vista. smile.gif

re-download
i fucked up

dschu012

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »

Listing directories good, however when I extract the content the resulting file is not correct. And it is smaller in size than what is expected.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2760/capturerd.png

This post has been edited by dschu012: Apr 7 2010, 05:43 AM

slasherking823

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(dschu012 @ Apr 6 2010, 08:39 PM)  

Listing directories good, however when I extract the content the resulting file is not correct. And it is smaller in size than what is expected.

http://img69.imagesh...0/capturerd.png

great, a bug
I have had this happen to 1 other person I was working with, but i can never seem to replicate it

However, the Bad Command? actually means that something threw an exception

szlifier

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:58:00 AM »

Sorry but it doesnt work. It only find one file no matter how much stuff I transfer. Moreover output files are not readable by any modding tool.

drkoolbeanz

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) "messy as hell"

We ninja's don't allow this!!! Follow Xedev!

This post has been edited by drkoolbeanz: Apr 7 2010, 09:44 AM

mioux

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 02:37:00 AM »

Hello

Is source available ? Or if not, may I use reflector on it ? I'm curious and maybe can I help...

overclock

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »

I would be interested in the File Allocation Table format. Currently I've been grabbing the files with a hex editor. I confirmed they could be extracted with wxPirs.

Nothing too new i expect.

Because of the format I don't expect it would be too hard to enumerate the blocks and build a folder/file list on the fly since everything is nulled to 16kb blocks.

-oc

gamesquest1

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:48:00 AM »

well im no expert on anything to be honest but has anybody else seen the test strings in the files i only copied a gamer profile ove and decided toi have a look at what it created on the usb stick so when i was hex editing the files it made i found all driver file names (ie PID_xxxx&VIDxxxx) i checked what it was for online and it was for a HP Modem was wondering what the significance of this is or wether it was left overs of what i had on the usb stick before i formatted it cus if it isnt wiping the previous files from the usb stick coulnt this cause problems with readers and such

as i said i aint no expert was just wondering why they where there

gabe_k

• Recovered User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(gamesquest1 @ Apr 7 2010, 01:48 PM)  

well im no expert on anything to be honest but has anybody else seen the test strings in the files i only copied a gamer profile ove and decided toi have a look at what it created on the usb stick so when i was hex editing the files it made i found all driver file names (ie PID_xxxx&VIDxxxx) i checked what it was for online and it was for a HP Modem was wondering what the significance of this is or wether it was left overs of what i had on the usb stick before i formatted it cus if it isnt wiping the previous files from the usb stick coulnt this cause problems with readers and such

as i said i aint no expert was just wondering why they where there

Sounds like stuff that was left over on your USB drive combined with incorrect extraction.

overclock

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(gabe_k @ Apr 7 2010, 02:13 PM) *

Sounds like stuff that was left over on your USB drive combined with incorrect extraction.

Correct. When the xbox initializes the drives it does a "quick format" basically. Any data you had on the drive previously will still be there, w/o any allocation tables. the xbox writes out an allocation table on the fly to make it quick so any data that was previously there will show up in the xbox data files. It's irrelevant that it's there because the xbox only recognizes files in it's allocation tables but it can make things difficult when hex editing.

If your interested in doing comparison work or grabbing files I suggest doing a low level format of the stick in windows prior to initializing it on the xbox. Gives yo ua nice clean surface to start with.

-oc

This post has been edited by overclock: Apr 7 2010, 05:57 PM

HaredX

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

This might be a newb question but does this mean that we can now download gamesaves off the internet, transfer them to a flash drive and use them to play games on the 360?

Kamse

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »

I don't think so. You might still need to sign them in order to make the xbox accept them.

Meeek

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kamse @ Apr 7 2010, 02:31 PM)  

I don't think so. You might still need to sign them in order to make the xbox accept them.

You do need to resign them in order for them to be playable under your profile, but there are apps out there that will do this for you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11