xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quickboot V2.1  (Read 472 times)

dacore84

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Apr 25 2010, 07:12 AM) *

XBLA games already boot fine from nxe without quickboot containers as long as they are in their appropriate folder within the content --> 000... folder

Hmm ok.. I can´t get that working. Oh btw, I have the XBLA games on a USB hdd. Could that be the problem? Do they have to be on a MS MU?

soulwarrior

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(dacore84 @ Apr 25 2010, 12:39 PM) View Post

Hmm ok.. I can´t get that working. Oh btw, I have the XBLA games on a USB hdd. Could that be the problem? Do they have to be on a MS MU?

That's exactly why nxe doesn't see it.So nevermind, you would need to use a quickboot container to launch it (you would need to extract the live container that way you can launch the default.xex and/or you can use the kiosk 2.1 disk and then you can launch it from a usb without extracting it).

dacore84

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Apr 25 2010, 09:26 PM) View Post

That's exactly why nxe doesn't see it.So nevermind, you would need to use a quickboot container to launch it (you would need to extract the live container that way you can launch the default.xex and/or you can use the kiosk 2.1 disk and then you can launch it from a usb without extracting it).

Thnx for the help mate. Tried extracting with wxpirs but they ended up being in demo mode most of the time. Copied from usb hdd to ms hdd and then they showed up in nxe and booted just fine. Thnx again!

There are no chance to rename the game title and change the image that are shown in NXE with this application? For example, I have Lips, Lips: Number One Hits, Lips: Party Classics and so on. But they all show up as "Lips" with the same icon in NXE. Kind of annyoing that you don´t know which game you start.

Also Final Fantasy XIII is named "Final Fantasy Xiii". Nascar 09 is named "Nascar09 [tm]" or similar. No biggie but it would be cool to change the name like you could on the old Xbox with the evox.ini file.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(dacore84 @ Apr 25 2010, 05:43 PM) View Post

Thnx for the help mate. Tried extracting with wxpirs but they ended up being in demo mode most of the time. Copied from usb hdd to ms hdd and then they showed up in nxe and booted just fine. Thnx again!

There are no chance to rename the game title and change the image that are shown in NXE with this application? For example, I have Lips, Lips: Number One Hits, Lips: Party Classics and so on. But they all show up as "Lips" with the same icon in NXE. Kind of annyoing that you don´t know which game you start.

Also Final Fantasy XIII is named "Final Fantasy Xiii". Nascar 09 is named "Nascar09 [tm]" or similar. No biggie but it would be cool to change the name like you could on the old Xbox with the evox.ini file.

use quickboot 1.2 when creating quickboot containers. You can create the description and name yourself. For images what i do is download a cover, use resizepic.com to resize it to 64x64, open the image in photoshop and save it as a png file. Then just click the xedev box in quickboot to choice your image (can't use this for xbla because the path is not to a xex file).

dacore84

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Apr 26 2010, 03:25 AM) View Post

use quickboot 1.2 when creating quickboot containers. You can create the description and name yourself. For images what i do is download a cover, use resizepic.com to resize it to 64x64, open the image in photoshop and save it as a png file. Then just click the xedev box in quickboot to choice your image (can't use this for xbla because the path is not to a xex file).

Jeeez, I got to be the biggest retard ever. I hadn´t tried to double click the "name" and "description" cells biggrin.gif

Now it seems to work just fine tongue.gif

Oh, and I think I will get the images to work to. Before asking here I actually downloaded an image for Lips: I love the 80s and resized it to 64x64 like you said. But then I connected my USB hdd and went into the "artwork" folder where all the other covers were placed automatically in each game folder. I then placed the newly created "icon.png" in the "Lips: I love the 80s" folder (same folder name as the actual game). But it still would just show the yellow original Lips icon. But I guess this will work fine then if I can attach the new correct .png in QuickBoot 2.1 before making the container.

Tnhx a million mate  smile.gif

dacore84

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

Everything works fine except images. I have downloaded a few covers from the net and resized them to 64x64p PNG-files. I can see them in QuickBoot when double clicking the image button and chosing it from my HDD. But when clicking "build" I get some kind of GDI+ error and the shortcut container doesn´t get created.

Any ideas? It works fine to just create the container with the original image. I can also change name and description without any problems.

Pedroshin

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »

Can someone explain me what is this "Include" game with Xbox 360 icon I now have in my list?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Tried starting it, but it did nothing besides screen going black for some time. Do we need this?

I think it got along with the games because both Quickboot folder and the game's default.xex were inside the same parent folder.

So it seems to have copied \QuickBoot-v2.1\QuickBoot v2.1\Include\default.xex

What does it do exactly?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Pedroshin: May 16 2010, 04:18 AM

alumeto

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »

Quickboot  2.1 working fine. But when after playing game isnt recent game list. (Shorttcut GOD)

RippaN

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »

The download link isnt working, having a hard time finding Quickboot 2.1 executables on the web. All links are broken when i google.

Could someone hook me up with a working link?

Twis7eD

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(RippaN @ Feb 15 2011, 06:50 AM) View Post

The download link isnt working, having a hard time finding Quickboot 2.1 executables on the web. All links are broken when i google.

Could someone hook me up with a working link?

I can't find 2.1, but 1.2 is available on Xbins.

TriggerH

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »

Heres an upload of quickboot 2.1 here

This post has been edited by TriggerH: Feb 17 2011, 11:15 PM

Farid

• Archived User
Quickboot V2.1
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 06:17:00 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]